Morecambe 1 (Garner) Welsh Ref 3

Re: Morecambe 1 (Garner) Welsh Ref 3

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:49 pm

I actually thought the penalty was the correct decision. Tutondas arm was up in the air when the ball struck it.

Not sure about the sending off, maybe the bookings were a little harsh.

We should have had a certain penalty towards the end when Bedeau(?) was hauled to the ground in the box. The main problem as people say was just the apparent bias towards Wrexham throughout the game. There were at least two blatant fouls on Morecambe players where the ref gave Wrexham a free kick and he just simply wasn’t interested in punishing any Wrexham players.

Jordan Slew battled manfully and was my man of the match, but had a torrid time being grappled and fouled all afternoon.
CityShrimp

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:49 pm

Yeah just seen the highlights back, those really are two laughably poor decisions for all to see: an innocuous trip on a guy who is going nowhere (ha ha palmer what a complete donkey btw) and a face protecting charge down of a decent drop goal attempt. Guess we’ll just have to get even in the play offs!
shrimpsontoast

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:51 pm

Or maybe David actually raised his hands to get them out of the way of the ball, because you certainly wouldn’t want to be blocking it if it’s heading in that direction!
shrimpsontoast

Postby Andy D » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:05 pm

It's like the Ref was up to match fixing with one of his mate's, awful decision making.

Also good to see John Coleman in the Directors Box, mixing with people in the Bar and Hospitality.
Last edited by Andy D on Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy D

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:06 pm

Just watched the highlights… I still think David stuck his arm out but Max should never have had a second yellow. Ref definitely determined the outcome of this game through incorrect decisions.
CityShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 pm

A good start with the early goal and we coped well with their hoof ball up to a big man tactics. Baffles me why a club would spend all that money on wages and play such basic football. Jacobs mistake changed the game and from that point on, we were 2nd best. McClean bullied us and we couldn't keep tabs on Mullin. Their left back dominated and Senior only crossed the half way line once or twice. Edwards was poor again, he doesn't do enough for me despite having ability. The subs were poor and had no impact at all.

The Ref was very poor and ruined any chance we had of a result. We got away with a clear pen in the first half and he gave them everything after that.
BerlinWaller

Postby Freez » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 pm

Just watched it again, McLean should really have been booked for the clear dive trying to get that penalty, about the only decision I agreed with the ref. No contact whatsoever.
Jacob’s mistake let them back in, however they committed the first 6 fouls of the game, at least 2 yellows should have been brandished to stop them doing it. Ref didn’t even speak to them, we commit a silly foul and their chap rolls about like he has been shot and Melbourne goes in the book? Not consistent for me.
Looked a pen from our end, and down to ten was always going to be tricky.
32 wanted to swap shirts with Slew all game and the ref let him, but when we wanted Palmers, her gave a free kick and a booking!! No consistency.
Hey ho, we are still in a decent position and played pretty well 11 v 11.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:45 pm

Last 3 games , Crewe , Crawley , Wrexham , I would have grabbed 6 points from them all day long.

Considering the massive difference in budgets of the 2 teams today I thought Wrexham were an awful hoofball team. Long balls to their big strikers and hoping for Mullin to win the 2nd ball.

Have we had that referee before ?

What has happened to Donald Love ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:54 pm

Freez wrote:Just watched it again, McLean should really have been booked for the clear dive trying to get that penalty, about the only decision I agreed with the ref. No contact whatsoever.
Jacob’s mistake let them back in, however they committed the first 6 fouls of the game, at least 2 yellows should have been brandished to stop them doing it. Ref didn’t even speak to them, we commit a silly foul and their chap rolls about like he has been shot and Melbourne goes in the book? Not consistent for me.
Looked a pen from our end, and down to ten was always going to be tricky.
32 wanted to swap shirts with Slew all game and the ref let him, but when we wanted Palmers, her gave a free kick and a booking!! No consistency.
Hey ho, we are still in a decent position and played pretty well 11 v 11.

I've only seen it the once and it was 10 yards in front of me and there was plenty of contact. Mcclean did milk it but there was 100% contact. I can't remember who our player was but he took Mclean out about waist high but had his arms in the air as if he didn't touch him.
BerlinWaller

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:32 pm

Oh well, bad day at the office alround. Let’s draw a line under it and on with the show!
shrimpsontoast

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:55 pm

I would LOVE IT, Kevin Keegan style, if we were to play (and beat) Wrexham in the Play-Offs. That would be justice, assuming they don't provide their own referee, with a bonus of a Disney holiday.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:03 pm

Faz Rawson out for between 3 and 5 weeks
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:08 pm

Carlisle don't like the cheating twat either...

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/234 ... e-returns/
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:40 am

I had a brief look on the Wrexham message board. Couldn't get past the third page of self-congratulations. One poster did write; "I must be honest though, I thought the ref was kind to us today" but the rest of them think they were world beaters in the second half. Well, yes, twelve men v ten, you should be! One of them even said that he thought the ref gave us 'the majority of 50:50's'!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: He was clearly Wrexham's MotM. And while they could all see a foul for a penalty to them, that wasn't given, they couldn't see the two fouls for pens not given to us?

Their fans at the game were excellent, but their arrogance, and being as blind as their ref was, I really hope they don't go up. Oh, and I had a little giggle that they refer to Milton Keynes as "Franchise FC", overlooking they owe all their success to a Canadian actor who sold them to Netflix!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:34 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Ged as just been on Radio Lancs and he never mentioned the referee once

Perhaps edited him?

"[The fans] could see the effort the lads were putting in and what we were up against, you know, I don't want to say any more, but what we were up against, and they seen it, they're not soft, they can see thing's happening on the pitch. Some of the decisions against us were not right".

About as close as he can get, without getting fined!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io0WzUtAeDw

Keith
Site Admin

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:33 am

How do we campaign to get referee Thomas Parsons removed from the league list. He was awful. I never expected to find a worse referee than Ross Joyce but yesterday I did. There is surely no place for such a biased official. We need impartial refs. Mr. Parsons was no such thing. I am surprised he didn’t take the penalty himself. He was a disgrace to the refereeing. Community.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:30 pm

Not going to defend the referee but it was the liner who raised his flag to make the ref aware of Max's challenge and as for the penalty if any player raises his hand towards an incoming ball in the penalty area even in self defense then a ref will nearly always award a penalty.

Down to 10 men against a team dedicated to the dark arts in a game it was always gong to be tough and so it proved.

Just wish when we get a corner someone attacks the ball and wins the header to score as their player did for the 3rd and decisive goal. Can't recall when we scored from a corner with a header. Certainly an area that we have to improve on.

A superb effort by our lads and one we can be proud of even against 11 men let alone 12.... :evil:

The sooner that lot get out of EFL2 the better. With 4 players on £10,000 a week thanks to the Yanks investment and Mullen reported to have become a millionaire as a result of his moves what with wages, bonuses, signing on fees etc he should count himself to be a very lucky person but instead has become a petulant individual far removed from the former player who played for us.

Sooner or later the money will dry up and then we will see what that lot are made of. Couldn't come soon enough for me.

And finally what was Coleman doing in the Directors Box :?: :?: :?:

Maybe as someone suggested is he after a job as an Assistant Manager to Ged..... :lol: :lol: :?: :?: :?:

Funnier things have happened.... ;)
redrobo

Postby Angler1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:45 pm

I did notice yesterday during play the Wrexham players were in the refs face on every occasion they could, throw ins , free kicks etc. I noticed Mullin moaning a lot in the Refs ear..
Angler1

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:56 pm

Angler1 wrote:I noticed Mullin moaning a lot in the Refs ear.

He wasn't moaning, he was saying "thanks ref, now don't forget, if you could find a way to give us a penalty and send one of theirs off, just to make it that bit easier, the holiday at Disney is definitely yours" :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:13 pm

Keith wrote:
Angler1 wrote:I noticed Mullin moaning a lot in the Refs ear.

He wasn't moaning, he was saying "thanks ref, now don't forget, if you could find a way to give us a penalty and send one of theirs off, just to make it that bit easier, the holiday at Disney is definitely yours" :roll:

No doubt got a free flight as part of the deal for his family.....if he has one.... ;) ;) ;)
redrobo

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:50 pm

redrobo wrote:Not going to defend the referee but it was the liner who raised his flag to make the ref aware of Max's challenge and as for the penalty if any player raises his hand towards an incoming ball in the penalty area even in self defense then a ref will nearly always award a penalty.

Down to 10 men against a team dedicated to the dark arts in a game it was always gong to be tough and so it proved.

Just wish when we get a corner someone attacks the ball and wins the header to score as their player did for the 3rd and decisive goal. Can't recall when we scored from a corner with a header. Certainly an area that we have to improve on.

A superb effort by our lads and one we can be proud of even against 11 men let alone 12.... :evil:

The sooner that lot get out of EFL2 the better. With 4 players on £10,000 a week thanks to the Yanks investment and Mullen reported to have become a millionaire as a result of his moves what with wages, bonuses, signing on fees etc he should count himself to be a very lucky person but instead has become a petulant individual far removed from the former player who played for us.

Sooner or later the money will dry up and then we will see what that lot are made of. Couldn't come soon enough for me.

And finally what was Coleman doing in the Directors Box :?: :?: :?:

Maybe as someone suggested is he after a job as an Assistant Manager to Ged..... :lol: :lol: :?: :?: :?:

Funnier things have happened.... ;)

I would imagine that John Coleman was invited to the Directors Box because he is still held in high regard by MFC and in particular by Directors such as Rod Taylor. IMO he has been treated shabbily by ASFC and with a free Saturday it was great to see him back at the club where he scored 200 plus goals. He will always be a club legend and at the end of the day who knows more about EFL lower league football? Answers on a postage stamp! Not suggesting there is a paid role for him at the moment but his knowledge would be invaluable.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Freez » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:59 pm

Coley was invited by Rod Taylor to watch the game, he accepted as he is very good friends with Ged B, who was his youth coach at Accy remember? That’s all there is to it, Coley wants to get back into management asap. I asked him what his plans were, that was his answer.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Previous

Return to General Discussion