Morecambe 1 (Slew) Crawley 0

Morecambe 1 (Slew) Crawley 0

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:44 pm

Quite even game in first half. Need to push that little bit more. Slew & Edwards to come on?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 (Slew) Crawley 0

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:13 pm

Got to say, against the run of play, Crawley could have had five. Excellent finish by Jordan.

Come on!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:15 pm

Morecambe 5 on target

Crawley 2 on target

So how they could have had five !!!!
Redalert1970

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:36 pm

I've missed most of the game, only just got in for the last 15 minutes. Glad to see us 1-0 up.

Just hope we can hang on. 7 minutes added on, nail biting time!

COMCE ON YOU MORECAMBE REDS.
dannymorc1

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:41 pm

Not the best performance this season but another massive three points
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:47 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Morecambe 5 on target

Crawley 2 on target

So how they could have had five !!!!

Because they missed the target when they should have scored! Also, a few really excellent blocks from defenders putting bodies on the line.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:50 pm

Another great result. There's no stopping this team. Let's hope that we can keep the run going on Saturday.
dannymorc1

Postby shrimpsontoast » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:55 pm

Good hard fought win and we rode our luck a bit, but you can do that in league two. Crawley looked like a decent league two side and were certainly worthy of a point. That’s the first sub-3000 league attendance since the pandemic isn’t it (if you ignore 2021 playoff semi reduced capacity)? Hopefully people are saving themselves for Saturday!
shrimpsontoast

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:06 pm

This is the problem with midweek games against teams who are closer to France than they are to the north west lol lol

Barrow v Gillingham
Morecambe v Crawley
Wimbledon v Grimsby

Bloody ridiculous
Redalert1970

Postby Martin » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:18 pm

shrimpsontoast wrote:GThat’s the first sub-3000 league attendance since the pandemic isn’t it (if you ignore 2021 playoff semi reduced capacity)? Hopefully people are saving themselves for Saturday!

No. 2,982 v Newport in November.
Martin

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:26 pm

Another massive game this Saturday v Wrexham

If and it's a massive if we beat them we would only be 6 points behind them with 10 games to go
Redalert1970

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:20 pm

Every game now is a big game! Every pass, every challenge, every block, every shot, every bit of luck, every point, all have to be fought for with hard work, commitment and desire and if you give that it will bring the most precious thing of all, at this point of the season 3 precious points.

In the last 8 games (since that Colchester defeat, enough said!), we have seen all the above, with 5wins 2draws and 1loss resulting in 17 points out of 24, (2.125 points per game) and all credit to Ged and the team for their efforts for that is a great bit of form.

Without tempting fate all I can say is Just keep it up and see where we are at the end of the 46 games.
Billy bodger

Postby Freez » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:04 am

That’s was a tough game against a very competent and dangerous Crawley team in good form.
We had a few chances after slowly getting a foothold after 20 minutes but missed crosses, headers wide and some decent blocks and one off the line they kept themselves in it. Then they had a shot that hit the inside of the post and somehow went along the line and out for a goal kick and a free header just before half time which Archie clawed out, so halftime one could have been 2-2 but was goalless.
Second period they dominated possession but some lung busting Senior runs ( My MOM on the night, though Faz got the nod and did play well) kept them on their toes. It didn’t look like it was gonna come but another Senior cross teased Hiwula who seemed to get a touch but luckily Slewy followed up at the back stick.
We did hold on, with some profligate finishing and serious blocks from the back 4 and Yann, perhaps we would have drawn that a month ago, three very welcome and hard earned points in a games now where performances are not as important as results if we have play off pretension!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redrobo » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:46 pm

A game of 2 murders for me.

First in my opinion we got away with murder because Crawley certainly deserved at least a point and on another day would probably have converted one of their numerous goal mouth attempts BUT for once we had luck on our side.

Second murder was how the hell they managed to keep 11 players on on the field. I've seen quite a few teams come to the Maz and practice the dark arts BUT that lot had it worked out to perfection. Falling down whenever challenged and then pulling our lads back if we dared to get past them. If the referee had been more capable they would have seen numerous red cards dished out.

To be honest we are too nice as a team and although our yellow card count is high the tackles resulting in a card are nothing compared to that of numerous teams I've seen this season and it is such a shame that a good footballing team like Crawley resorted to such tactics encouraged by a very active manage
ment bench throughout the game.

Sad that too many teams have to resort to such tactics BUT is that a reflection of the threat that they see us..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby shrimpsontoast » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:56 pm

The second murder passed me by completely redrobo. It was quite a feisty game and both sides made some feisty challenges. I thought the ref was absolutely fine, a league two ref refereeing a league two game.
shrimpsontoast

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:25 pm

redrobo wrote:If the referee had been more capable they would have seen numerous red cards dished out.

Really? I thought the ref had a good game. Their first yellow, about 10 minutes or so in, could easily have been a red card, and between the ref and linesman, missing a clear push, that led to the break where they fortunately hit the inside of the post were the two mistakes but beyond that, I didn't think he got much wrong. Above average performance in my opinion.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:40 am

Did you notice at one point in the game the referee put his hand in his pocket to book a Crawley player and suddenly realised the player had already been booked so he slid his hand out of his pocket as if nothing had happened!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Martin » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:00 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:Did you notice at one point in the game the referee put his hand in his pocket to book a Crawley player and suddenly realised the player had already been booked so he slid his hand out of his pocket as if nothing had happened!

That's right. The player (no. 30, Wright) noticed it too because his initial reaction showed he thought he was off.
Martin

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:41 pm

Martin wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:Did you notice at one point in the game the referee put his hand in his pocket to book a Crawley player and suddenly realised the player had already been booked so he slid his hand out of his pocket as if nothing had happened!

That's right. The player (no. 30, Wright) noticed it too because his initial reaction showed he thought he was off.

I didn't see the hand in the pocket but I did say to Mrs A that he'd not booked him because he'd already given him one yellow.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby black morse » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:49 pm

It was commented on by the commentators on Ifollow. In the end it didn't matter and I too thought he was a decent ref.
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:30 pm

On ESPN website Morecambe 89 yellow, 4, reds. With 1 point for a yellow and 3 points for a red = 101 points that puts us in 3rd place (most yellow!) of the bad boys disciplinary league.

For the whole league 1,725 yellows with only 39 players getting a second yellow, there was 32 straight reds.

From what you have been saying it seems a ref is reluctant to give a second yellow, or players don’t behalf behave themselves!!! NOT.
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion