Demonstration Tomorrow

Postby thedoc » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:11 am

Protest March 4 Days Left...
Demo - 4 days left reduced version.png
Demo - 4 days left reduced version.png (62.65 KiB) Viewed 945 times
thedoc

Re: Protest March 4 Days Left...

Postby thedoc » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:13 am

If anyone can make this bigger - please do so - or tell me how to do it...
thedoc

Postby Bare bum » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:35 am

Roger, it's such a low pixel density that if you enlarge it's unreadable. Have you a better quality version?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby twosheds » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:40 pm

Looks like the BBC are sending a film crew to cover the march...
twosheds

Re: Demonstration Tomorrow

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:24 pm

The Trust don't appear to want to update Shrimps Voices readers regarding the Demonstration tomorrow?

Hopefully we will see a good turn out of supporters from shortly before noon tomorrow. We're walking on the pedestrian area from the Eric Morecambe Statue, to the top of Regent Road. Not sure what's happening from there. I think the plan is for a speech at the Statue, before heading off at noon.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:39 pm

I believe the march leaves the Eric Morecambe statue at 12 walking along the prom to Regent Road. Crossing the road the march will walk along the left hand pavement of Regent Road, over the bridge to the Hurley Flyer. It would be great if we have an amazing turn out of shrimp fans.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Hodgie1978 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:17 pm

Keith the Trust sent an email to all its members this afternoon.
Hodgie1978

Postby twosheds » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:43 pm

Content of the Shrimps Trust message...

We are writing to confirm the plans for tomorrow’s Demonstration of Support and the Geoff Wilson Memorial Quiz.

We hope that you will join us at the Eric Morecambe Statue or at some point along the route of the demonstration. We will be gathering at the statue from 11:30am, looking to leave at 12 noon.

The route will take us along the promenade before we cross the road at the Regent Road junction and walk down the pavement on the left-hand side of Regent Road before we formally end the demonstration just before the Hurley Flyer at the junction with Globe Drive.

We have purchased 60 “For Sale” signs, and we also encourage you to bring drums, flags and make as much noise as possible during the demonstration - this is your chance to make your voices heard!

The aims of the demonstration are:

To raise awareness of the fact that the club is for sale

To show our frustration about the longevity of the sale process, which has gone on for over 18 months

To show our support for the club and its Board of Directors in its endeavours.

This will be a peaceful demonstration.

We are also pleased to share that the club will be doing a deal in JBs Bar and the Local Choice Suite between 12:30pm and 2pm where everything will be 20% off.

We hope that you will enjoy the day and after the game we would love you to join us for our Quiz Night, which starts at 7:30pm in the Local Choice Suite. It is free to enter and participants will compete for the Geoff Wilson Memorial Trophy, and Happy Hour will be on in both JBs and the Local Choice Suite until close.

Invite your friends, share it far and wide and let’s hope tomorrow will be a momentous day in the history of our club! You don’t have to be a Trust member to be part of tomorrow’s events!

We hope to see you tomorrow.
twosheds

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:02 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:19 pm

Hodgie1978 wrote:Keith the Trust sent an email to all its members this afternoon.

Thanks Hodgie, my email had gone in to my 'Junk' folder!

Worth reminding that this is open to everyone, even if not Trust members (although, if you aren't, you should be!)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:52 am

Let's remember that we are representatives of Morecambe Football Club and that any unruly behaviour or abusive language reflects on our club.

By all means be vocal but have respect for those out and about who are unconnected with the club.

Above all enjoy the experience.....
redrobo

Postby thedoc » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:58 am

Hodgie1978 wrote:Keith the Trust sent an email to all its members this afternoon.

I didn't get it. Have I been excommunicated, Hodgie?
thedoc

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:37 am

thedoc wrote:

I didn't get it. Have I been excommunicated, Hodgie?

Junk mail folder? That's where mine went.

Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion