Club sale nearly done?

Club sale nearly done?

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:39 pm

Heard a rumour this afternoon that the sale of the club is a done deal. Anyone else heard anything?
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Re: Club sale nearly done?

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:24 pm

Not heard anything.

Was it a reliable source ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:53 pm

Bond Group was rumoured to be at the Mazuma mid week? The intrested parties (we were told about at the Fans Forum) and the man himself might have locked themselves in a room to sort it out. Maybe just the i’s to dot and the T to cross!! Will they announce it before the March?? Well if so let’s make it a Mardi Gras. Ear to the ground week.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:23 pm

We've had this sort of rumour before but, if true, has the new owner passed the EFL due diligence yet?
black morse

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:24 pm

IF true then welcome.... :D

Whoever he, she or they are they will probably want to get involved in the day to day running of our club but I for one hope that our current excellent BoDs will continue to be an influence in how our club is run going forward.

Whatever grievance as followers of MFC we have had with Jason and the Bond Group I understand that he didn't get involved in the day to day operation of our club other than providing finance however restricted that is / was. For that we have to be thankful as too many clubs become the pet project of the new owner/owners and for some the club takes on a new identity often with dire consequencies.

The rumour that this long running saga may becoming to a conclusion and if so then it is most welcome. BUT let's hope that whoever the new owner/ owners are that they have the desire to take our club forward but retain its uniqueness in the football community.
redrobo

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:27 pm

If rumours are true about a new owner they could be at the Crawley or Wrexham game

Maybe !!! Or just rumours
Redalert1970

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:52 pm

black morse wrote:We've had this sort of rumour before but, if true, has the new owner passed the EFL due diligence yet?

I thought people were saying when our Sikh friend came along that the first thing any interested party had to pass was the FaPP test before anything could proceed.
jbc.shrimp

Postby black morse » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:40 am

jbc.shrimp wrote:
black morse wrote:We've had this sort of rumour before but, if true, has the new owner passed the EFL due diligence yet?

I thought people were saying when our Sikh friend came along that the first thing any interested party had to pass was the FaPP test before anything could proceed.

I seem to remember one of our Directors said at some stage that the deal with the fizzy drinks man was almost done and just waiting for EFL confirmation. I assumed that the due diligence thing came near the end of negotiations.
black morse

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:26 am

I think the 'due diligence' and 'fit & proper persons test' can be done quite quickly if everything is presented to them in a timely manner. Wigan's sale went through very quickly. I believe the EFL are on the side of the club, so if a realistic buyer is in place, they won't drag their feet.

Fingers crossed eh?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:42 am

Dependent on how long these things take, (and I have no idea). The demonstration march could be converted to a carnival of celebration.
jbc.shrimp

Postby BHmfc » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:36 am

Sorry for being Mr Negative, but don't believe any of the rumours that are flying about at the moment. I was told a name at the Crewe game on Saturday of someone who is buying the club but I know the name mentioned and they are not interested. See you at the march on Saturday....MFC still for sale.
BHmfc

Postby Angler1 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:49 am

Wow the ups snd downs of this club. I was overjoyed at the thought the club was actually going to be sold and then .................... :(
Angler1

Postby redrobo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:51 am

BHmfc wrote:Sorry for being Mr Negative, but don't believe any of the rumours that are flying about at the moment. I was told a name at the Crewe game on Saturday of someone who is buying the club but I know the name mentioned and they are not interested. See you at the march on Saturday....MFC still for sale.

Maybe a simple statement from our BoDs to quosh the rumours one way or another to stop speculation would be most welcome. That would put an end to fans (such as myself) contributing to the speculation process.

However IF there is some foundation to the rumours then a simple statement 'very positive discussions with a potential buyer are on going' would suffice..... ;)

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby KenH » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:23 pm

redrobo wrote:IF true then welcome.... :D

Whoever he, she or they are they will probably want to get involved in the day to day running of our club but I for one hope that our current excellent BoDs will continue to be an influence in how our club is run going forward.

Whatever grievance as followers of MFC we have had with Jason and the Bond Group I understand that he didn't get involved in the day to day operation of our club other than providing finance however restricted that is / was. For that we have to be thankful as too many clubs become the pet project of the new owner/owners and for some the club takes on a new identity often with dire consequencies.

The rumour that this long running saga may becoming to a conclusion and if so then it is most welcome. BUT let's hope that whoever the new owner/ owners are that they have the desire to take our club forward but retain its uniqueness in the football community.

Likewise, I hope we get new owners who are going to get involved themselves AND keep the existing directors! That way, we'd have the best of both Worlds. We need someone (or more) on the Board who not only have new ideas to develop the club (on and off the pitch, especially off the pitch really to bring in new income streams), but also have the money to put in to actually do it, i.e. buy back the artificial pitches, invest to make more use of the stadium/function rooms on non match days, and maybe even develop some of the land. I think we've been doing OK with the academy and the players considering the money problems, but investment is needed to develop the site and generate more income.
KenH

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:23 pm

Agree with redrobbo but would the club do that after last time?

They announced before the due diligence of the FA to be done on a proper and fit to new owner who wants to buy a Club. I don’t think they would want to get burned again, so I expect them to take it slowly and close to their chests.

As they are only rumours maybe the wrong name is being banded about by people on Saturday?

The interested parties the board were on about at the Fans Forum hopefully if you take the Bond Group out of the equation (Which buying the Club would do), must see so many positives both on and off the field if they follow through their interest.

We wait and see, just looking for a home win tomorrow night is my focus after such a positive result at the weekend, the off field will happen all in good time,

It’s important they are not put off now things are supposedly so close, at the weekend we must be loud but we must be behaved, just show our passion for the Club, that’s all we as fans can do.
Billy bodger

Postby shrimpsontoast » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:16 pm

No deal is ever done until all the i’s have been dotted and the t’s crossed (and even then people have to sign it!). Imagine if fans expected the directors to release a statement every time someone heard something down the pub and posted it on here - what a waste of their time!
shrimpsontoast

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:21 pm

I think it's important not to let rumours of a buyer deflect us from Saturday's march. Rumours are just that and I think it's important to let the world know our club is for sale and also to call for the lower league clubs to get a larger share of the TV money from the greedy Premiership clubs. We've heard rumours of a sale before, lets forget it until we hear something officially. Lets march in our numbers in support of our fantastic club and lets show the tremendous spirit and togetherness shown by the players on Saturday when they were 2-0 down at Crewe.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby CityShrimp » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:46 pm

Ben Sadler confirms on twitter that there is ‘no truth whatsoever’ in the rumour that the club has been sold.

There you are.
CityShrimp

Return to General Discussion