O/T John Coleman

O/T John Coleman

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:46 am

Acct have sacked Coleman
fulwoodshrimp

Re: O/T John Coleman

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:00 am

The end of an era at Accrington. The current (until today), second longest serving manager in English football.

I suppose it was both a surprise, but also expected after their public fall out with Holt earlier in the season? If they weren't having their contracts renewed in the summer, it will allow a new manager to come in and have the rest of the season to assess what they want during the summer. They couldn't be sacked while the play-offs were still a realistic goal, but now they are extremely unlikely to make them, a change can be made?

A swift return to League Two for Derek Adams?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:39 pm

Quote from the Accy fans page

Re: Coleman and Bell sacked
Much as Stanley have to thank Messrs Coleman and Bell for what they’ve achieved, imho, we let the wrong coach leave last summer.
Rest of this season will now be even more of a nail biter.

Our gain....their loss....Can't argue with that observation....Ged has been like a breath of fresh air and has transformed our style of play and has built on the outstanding work of DA.... :) :) :)

DA for Stanley... :?: :?: :?: Could well be in the frame BUT with Accy up for sale will he be prepared to take on a role that in some ways mirrors the reasons he left us... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby deadorred70 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:39 pm

I wonder if Morecambe would be interested in taking on Jimmy Bell as an assistant ,if only til the end of the season.?
deadorred70

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:55 pm

We’ll never upset the owner, no matter who you are. Well let’s get Ged signing an extension to his contract, it’s about recognising what has fallen into our laps and Ged will do well and Morecambe should recognise this and put a long term plan into place with him, who ever the owner is.
Billy bodger

Postby CityShrimp » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:17 pm

redrobo wrote:Our gain....their loss....Can't argue with that observation....Ged has been like a breath of fresh air and has transformed our style of play and has built on the outstanding work of DA.... :) :) :)

We’ve definitely done well in recognising Geds talents and taking him off Accrington.

Slightly off topic but if it’s true that we went for Artell and he turned us down, we’ve probably come out in a better position by having ‘settled’ for Ged.
CityShrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:33 pm

Sad end for Coley. I think adams would be a good fit for stanley. Ged doing well, especially away from home. Needs some wins though at the Mazuma to be worthy of a contract discussion
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:30 pm

Sad end to Coley and Co but inevitable following recent goings on at Stanley.

Wonder if either or both want to invest in a club currently in the market for new owners..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Return to General Discussion