NAIVE

NAIVE

Postby shrimp in cyprus » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:58 am

I posted yesterday during the game that a mate of mine (a Crewe supporter) had messaged me to say that he thought that Morecambe were naive. The meaning of that was queried on SV, and last night I spoke to him and asked what he meant.
He said that HONEST might have been a better word to use. There was virtually none of the shirt pulling, body checking, tripping etc that most teams indulge in these days. He did admit that this was most acceptable and good to see, but initially he thought we were rather naive. But he also said that if we can remain as HONEST as we currently appear to be and can continue to win games, then that is really good for the club and indeed the whole of football.
Before we finished chatting he also said that it looked as though the team spirit and togetherness were excellent, and wished us good luck for the rest of the season.
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
shrimp in cyprus

Re: NAIVE

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 am

Now you've explained the context, I think perhaps 'naive' is a good word. Some of that is youth, and a lack of 'gamesmanship' experience. Like last week, Adams (I think) was fouled on the edge of the area, but stayed on his feet. He got a shot away, but it lacked power because he was still off balance. The ref had played advantage, in allowing him to get a shot away, so didn't pull it back for what would have been a free-kick in a dangerous position. "Naive" not to go down? Probably. But, as said, refreshing to see.

And to be honest, yesterday's ref had a good game and wasn't fooled by Crewe's diving all over the place. In fact, he probably could have done with booking them for diving. No way should they have got a penalty for theatrics, but on another day, another ref may have given them. As it turned out, yesterday was a good day to stay on their feet. Actually, yesterday was simply a good day, full-stop! :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:38 pm

If we accept we are slightly naive, then it follows that we are actually a set of dirty bastards as our disciplinary record leaves us higher in the yellows and reds table than our actual position in the division :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:43 pm

Freez wrote:If we accept we are slightly naive, then it follows that we are actually a set of dirty bastards as our disciplinary record leaves us higher in the yellows and reds table than our actual position in the division :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
True, but a lot of those yellows were for err... over exuberant behaviour! How many times did Mayor get booked for kicking the ball away? Love for taking a throw-in with the wrong ball? Ged getting booked because everyone other than him raced on to the pitch to celebrate? That's naive too! 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby dougiewonga » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:29 am

Keith wrote:Now you've explained the context, I think perhaps 'naive' is a good word. Some of that is youth, and a lack of 'gamesmanship' experience. Like last week, Adams (I think) was fouled on the edge of the area, but stayed on his feet. He got a shot away, but it lacked power because he was still off balance. The ref had played advantage, in allowing him to get a shot away, so didn't pull it back for what would have been a free-kick in a dangerous position. "Naive" not to go down? Probably. But, as said, refreshing to see.

And to be honest, yesterday's ref had a good game and wasn't fooled by Crewe's diving all over the place. In fact, he probably could have done with booking them for diving. No way should they have got a penalty for theatrics, but on another day, another ref may have given them. As it turned out, yesterday was a good day to stay on their feet. Actually, yesterday was simply a good day, full-stop! :D

Great to see a bit of praise for a Match Official Keith. They have a very difficult job, get dogs abuse most of the time, and rarely get thanked and complimented.
Better the officiating we have at our level than to have the match going experience ruined by VAR.
dougiewonga

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:38 am

As a critic of the poor standard of refereeing I am pleased to say I thought the ref had a decent game on Saturday ignoring all the Swan Lake dives. I noticed he was criticised by the Crewe manager but in my book Saturday's ref was one of the better ones. I am quietly confident I will never be able to say that about Ross Joyce!!!!
fulwoodshrimp

Return to General Discussion