A higher target

A higher target

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:57 pm

Quite rightly so everybody is mentioning the playoffs, but with 12 games to go and now only 12 points behind, are the automatic places a wish too far, or do I need to wake up. After todays come back to win I for one think it's possible.
Last edited by jbc.shrimp on Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbc.shrimp

Re: A higher target

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:04 pm

What you thinking 8 wins and a few draws?
shrimpsontoast

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:09 pm

shrimpsontoast wrote:What you thinking 8 wins and a few draws?

Honestly I have no idea, but if we can convert some of our home results and maintain our away form I am confident.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Bare bum » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:10 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:Quite rightly so everybody is mentioning the playoffs, but with 12 games to go and now only 12 points behind, are the automatic places a wish too far, or do I need to ake up. After todays come back to win I for one think it's possible.

I'll wait until Berlinwaller gives his/her assessment. The rest of us know bugger all, by comparison, apparently.

Oh hang on, Berlinwaller tends not to post when we win. We might have to wait for awhile, before we see how it really is........
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:30 pm

There's optimism and fantasy.....I think this post is the latter.
black morse

Postby redrobo » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:31 pm

But a pundit did reckon we'd finish 3rd.... behind Mansfield and Stockport :o ;)
redrobo

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:26 pm

redrobo wrote:But a pundit did reckon we'd finish 3rd.... behind Mansfield and Stockport :o ;)

I think that was the Super Computer!
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:48 pm

I have said all along to reach the playoffs I think the total will be less than the low 70s. So we can reach a fantasy total of 87!! or don’t beat ourselves up if we drop points, pick your self up and go again.
With that in mind I have felt we can reach at least 71, that means winning against good teams as well as bad and that’s still 6 wins and 2 draws. We have 7 games at home and 5 away. It’s an old cliché but it’s about taking a game at a time and stepping up to the plate in the run-in, it’s the business end of the season and as we see with Walsall and to some degree Crawley a sting of wins lifts you up the table. Roll on Tues night and don’t waste the opportunity tonight’s result has given us by keeping us well in the mix.
Billy bodger

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:55 pm

Beg, steal, or borrow. That's the way it's gonna be until ownership is sorted out,
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:24 am

It's very possible, but there are a lot of other teams better placed to take advantage of any slip-ups. But Stockport have hit the wall, with just one goal, and two points from their last four games, and Wrexham one win in four, having a stutter.

Flip side, we've a lot of work to do if we're going to reach the play-offs. Creepy-Crawley are on a good run, three wins on the trot, five points outside the play-offs with two games in hand, so Tuesday night will be far from easy. But, if we can win our next two matches, suddenly...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:56 am

Keith wrote:It's very possible, but there are a lot of other teams better placed to take advantage of any slip-ups. But Stockport have hit the wall, with just one goal, and two points from their last four games, and Wrexham one win in four, having a stutter.

Flip side, we've a lot of work to do if we're going to reach the play-offs. Creepy-Crawley are on a good run, three wins on the trot, five points outside the play-offs with two games in hand, so Tuesday night will be far from easy. But, if we can win our next two matches, suddenly...

Wrexham is going to be the key win. We not only need that one to continue the progression but that would emphasise the message to buyers on the march day!
black morse

Return to General Discussion