Fans Forum reaction!!

Fans Forum reaction!!

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:30 pm

Now that the Club has posted the full video of the event on line, besides the fans that attended hopefully a lot more fans have seen the video.

I must admit I wasn’t expecting a great deal, so I was pleasantly surprised how open (obviously within confidentiality restraints) the board were. Just wondered what those who have seen the video thought?

Now we know the board read these blogs, It would be nice to hear from the board how they thought it was received from their perspective.

I would certainly attend another if it was on the same lines.

On a fan-zone, I have been saying for years after constantly passing the Hurley Flyer and seeing how many football fans attend their outside garden one should be set up. They have certainly invested in it, obviously because it is a good revenue stream on match days.

I understand the restraints, now the rough land has been acquired, that the money situation means that cannot be developed soon any time soon, but Looking at the ground surely a similar sized amenity to the Hurley Flyer could be set up near the ruff land. The restrictions of the size of the JB bar must mean revenue is not as high as it could be.

It would be Nice to hear other opinions.
Billy bodger

Re: Fans Forum reaction!!

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:44 pm

I would certainly hope for a fanzone rather than a Park & Ride to Eden.
Been crying out for a larger outside space for home and away fans (most of the time). As Graham said it would pursuade more to spend money from 1pm instead of 2.55pm.
Hopefully food outlets too, seems silly that Shrimps fans have their breakfasts and lunches elsewhere before the game.
I like the quote "we are volunteer/free estate agents"
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:53 pm

I was impressed by the candid and factual way that the BoDs and the management team expressed their views in answering some direct questions both on the night and via those submitted before hand.

I fully understand that certain details about the sale have to remain private but the overall atmosphere was one of positivity which is encouraging going forward.

Ged has certainly become more accustomed to his media duties and his enthusiasm for the future is good to read and hear.

Hopefully we can look forward to more regular forums in the future....with a new owner in attendance to explain his vision for our club as we enter a new era of expectation.

As for a Fans Zone....maybe this is something that would appeal to a local sponsor with some commercial development expertise..... who has the practical knowledge of ground and building works.:?: :?: :?:

Well done to all the panel...

:D :D :D
redrobo

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:40 pm

A fan zone would be a wonderful addition to the whole match day experience, like others have said why have fans spending money elsewhere on a matchday and rocking up just before kick-off.

It will take money to do it right, we would certainly need cover for the cold dark winter months. If the idea does ever take off it would be good to involve the Trust from the get go, to ask what us the fans actually want.

And please not a park-n-ride!
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby redrobo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:54 pm

On the subject of a Fans Zone it is imperative that it involves some form of covered structure.

Probably too costly for us but take a peep at this web sites to see what could be possible. Just the sort of structure that could possibly attract a sponsor to help with the cost....eg Heysham Power Station. Isle of Man Ferry Company or Dennison Trailers..... :?: :?: :?:

https://streetspacestructures.co.uk/canopies-by-use/

https://streetspacestructures.co.uk/outdoor-dining/
redrobo

Postby captain sparkle » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:04 pm

redrobo wrote:On the subject of a Fans Zone it is imperative that it involves some form of covered structure.

Probably too costly for us but take a peep at this web sites to see what could be possible. Just the sort of structure that could possibly attract a sponsor to help with the cost....eg Heysham Power Station. Isle of Man Ferry Company or Dennison Trailers..... :?: :?: :?:

Eden project would certainly be in the running, maybe too Mr. Tyson Fury - The Furocity Fan Field anybody?
Seriously tho', this lot may be worth a punt, hoping to build but a stones (big!)throw away from The Mazuma, I give you Innova Renewables!

With planning permission submitted in June 2023 and agreed by Lancaster City Council on 28 November, the Heysham Energy Storage standalone project will be located on 72 acres of land – including 22 acres of landscaping and planting – on land owned by Fanny House Farm in Heysham.

Innova has also committed to setting up a local community benefit fund totalling £47,000 a year throughout the project’s 50-year lifetime.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Return to General Discussion