Fan Forum; One Week Away.

Fan Forum; One Week Away.

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:00 pm

Q&A fans forum on the 23rd of February 6:00pm at the Mazuma Stadium Local Choice Suite is only a week away now. Tickets on general sale now, hopefully it will be well attended and even more it will be informative for the fans.

You can forward questions at media@morecambefc.com or ask questions on the night. Members of the Board and Ged will be in attendance.

Topics I would like to see discussed are:- Progress of the Sale of the Club. The upcoming Fans March advertising we are for sale. Retaining members of our Squad for next season. Looking into Ideas for a Fan Zone out side the Mazuma.
Billy bodger

Re: Fan Forum; One Week Away.

Postby Hodgie1978 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:38 pm

They won't be discussing the March as it has nothing to do with the club so limited to what they could say.
Hodgie1978

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:09 pm

Hodgie1978 wrote:They won't be discussing the March as it has nothing to do with the club so limited to what they could say.

Fare enough!

Leave it up to them to bring it up!!

But if it is, the point I would want to make is any action by the fans is only to put on public record our disquiet at no movement on the sale of the Club and is in the end only the same type of action as when the Board of Directors made their extraordinary public statement.
Billy bodger

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:51 pm

James said on this week's podcast that 90 tickets have so far been snapped up for the fans forum

Think the early start will put lots of fans off
Redalert1970

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:07 pm

3 days away now, but the general consensus is unfortunately there is nothing new on the sale of the Club, that’s disappointing if true. However there are other issues surrounding the finances of the Club. Also with Ged being there an insight into players contracts and the shape of next years squad would be a topic that could be discussed. I just hope it’s not a waste of time from the fans perspective.
Billy bodger

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:36 pm

My ticket for the forum arrived last week. I was charged £2.50 but it was posted out to me so I don't mind.

There's lots of questions to be asked particularly on the sale of the club , and whether we can now take Sarbjot off the possible owners list. Has the club tried contacting people who may wish to purchase an EFL club , people like local boxers which is unlikely and he already owns a fair chunk of the land etc. Maybe see if any retired premier league footballers wish to own a great club.

Have the club tried to negotiate with Tyson Fury for the sale of the G3 training pitches which are of no use to him and could be put to good use for the youth of the town which Tyson has championed before.

Also Derek mentioned that we had options to renew some contracts although I don't think that will be disclosed in detail and quite rightly.

Are we actively looking to appoint a new assistant manager to replace J McMahon as it was thought the coaching team was light before the new chap joined a couple of months ago.

Yes 6pm is an early start , maybe there is a board meeting or something later in the evening.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:17 pm

For me the key questions are around the club sale. What happened to Sarbjot? Have any other offers been made? How is the sale being advertised? What is the asking price? What can thd fans and board do to get the message out that MFC is up for sale?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby John L » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:41 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Have the club tried to negotiate with Tyson Fury for the sale of the G3 training pitches which are of no use to him and could be put to good use for the youth of the town which Tyson has championed before.

No better time to try if he's going to up-sticks to Keithland...
https://www.lep.co.uk/news/people/is-tyson-fury-leaving-morecambe-here-is-everything-we-know-4524710
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:09 pm

I've said all along that the caravan park will extend and now it has new travelling owners removing bangers, modernising and creating new developments it looks even more likely in my opinion
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:21 am

I think any questions about ownership will be met with it's confidential we can't comment.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:49 am

I can't imagine we will get much in the way of detail regarding the sale, more broader bigger picture answers.

I'm pretty sure the Board are just as frustrated as we are.

I've got my ticket but I'm not holding out much hope of getting any real answers from the evening, we might however get a feel of how positive or negative the Board are feeling at this point in time.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby vvm » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:12 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Are we actively looking to appoint a new assistant manager to replace J McMahon as it was thought the coaching team was light before the new chap joined a couple of months ago.

Our CEO, Ben Sadler said on Twitter that "we've decided to wait until the summer to get the right person in. All in agreement that the current team are more than capable for the rest of the season".
vvm

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:40 am

vvm wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Our CEO, Ben Sadler said on Twitter that "we've decided to wait until the summer to get the right person in. All in agreement that the current team are more than capable for the rest of the season".

Well maybe Ben needs to post on here because not everyone is on Twitter ‘X’ the same as appearing on the podcast not everyone watches it. This platform seems to reach a fair number of Morecambe FC fans since I’ve been on it I have enjoyed all the different views but the Club don’t seem to want to use it. Facebook is just an extension of the Club website, it’s not a platform we’re views are exchanged or debated.

There is not a great deal of hope that the forum will be beneficial other than holding it and a box ticked off on a sheet of paper!
Billy bodger

Postby John L » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:09 pm

Jason's arrived in good time and is straight onto looking for a good deal down at Christie Park...

Jason.jpg
Jason.jpg (221.74 KiB) Viewed 449 times
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby glagys » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:49 am

Cannot make it tonight
is anyone gonna zoom it
or
fb live
Perhaps recording it as a podcast special ?..
glagys

Postby Old Man Kensey » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:51 am

glagys wrote:Cannot make it tonight
is anyone gonna zoom it
or
fb live
Perhaps recording it as a podcast special ?..

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2024/j ... um-and-qa/

'The evening will be recorded and shared across our digital platforms for those who are unavailable to attend.'

Not sure what platforms but it will be recorded.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Return to General Discussion