This Tuesday Night:

This Tuesday Night:

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:59 pm

A full programme on Tuesday night, so we will still have a game in hand. Obviously, firstly, we have to do our own job at Tranmere. But as long as we win, there are some interesting fixtures above us:

Stockport [1st] v Crewe [3rd]
You'd think automatic promotion is too far away, but if we win & Crewe lose, they would be eight points ahead of us, but we'd have two games in hand over them.

Mansfield [2nd] v Harrogate [7th]
Mansfield win, and we win, we'd be one point off the current play-off position, with a game in hand over them.

AFC Wimbledon [8th] v Accrington [13th]

A long way to go in this season, but it is nice to look upwards! :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: This Tuesday Night:

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:08 pm

Yes a lot of twists and turns to come we have our own matches against teams higher than us in the league so they will even out.

I know my thoughts about wanting to see a good football match are not matched by many on here, but if that is because Morecambe is contributing 60% + towards a good game of football the results will take care of themselves.

On the run in it’s about winning games, I get that, in the end its points that will get you in the playoffs but that means goals.

So if we take yesterdays game and the Colchester game, they where very similar, the difference being we won one while we lost the other. Neither thou was a great game of football, [thinking the Mansfield game, (my take is we didn’t lose to a better team!) ], but how did you feel after the Colchester game?

In both games we squandered too many great chances and that is what bothers me when we talk about, (rightly), about making the playoffs, I am still of the mind we may unfortunately fall short. For example the last 20 minutes yesterday should have provided at least another two goals, the gulf between the sides was there two actually see, it didn’t and we as fans had to go through the pressure of the team not letting in a stupid late goal.

My feeling are we can go to Tranmere on Tues with great positivity, after our resent away performances and the team getting GED his first home win. With the other games going on next Tues a win will keep us in a great position to kick on with a good timed run.

I think we have strengthened our squad for the second half of the season, for me Colchester teaches us we have to be on it every game, play well every game and if in the next 12 games we can get established in the playoff position’s with 5 games to go (3 games at home) I will be very very hopeful.

We need at least the mid 70 points that’s 10wins out of 17!! While it’s only 20 points for three of the teams currently in the playoffs?
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:24 pm

Hopefully time to give Edwards more game time as he looks class and is more than an ideal replacement for Bloxham (who is STILL with his club the Shrews :oops: ) ....Tuesday could be an ideal time... :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by redrobo on Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:33 pm

redrobo wrote:Hopefully time to give Edwards more game time as he looks class and is more than an ideal replacement for Bloxham (who is now on loan at Harrogate :o ) ....Tuesday could be an ideal time....

:?: :?: :?:

Not the same Bloxham. Harrogate have borrowed him from Blackburn.

Our Tom Bloxham has gone back and played for the Shrews so he couldn't play for a 3rd club in the same season.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:42 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
redrobo wrote:Hopefully time to give Edwards more game time as he looks class and is more than an ideal replacement for Bloxham (who is now on loan at Harrogate :o ) ....Tuesday could be an ideal time....

:?: :?: :?:

Not the same Bloxham. Harrogate have borrowed him from Blackburn.

Our Tom Bloxham has gone back and played for the Shrews so he couldn't play for a 3rd club in the same season.

You beat me to it. Can’t play for another EFL team this season and is not overly rated by new Salop boss Paul Hurst
nobbyshrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:24 pm

Corrected my previous post re Bloxham ...... :oops: :oops: :oops:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:12 pm

Keith wrote:A full programme on Tuesday night, so we will still have a game in hand. Obviously, firstly, we have to do our own job at Tranmere. But as long as we win, there are some interesting fixtures above us:

Stockport [1st] v Crewe [3rd]
You'd think automatic promotion is too far away, but if we win & Crewe lose, they would be eight points ahead of us, but we'd have two games in hand over them.

Mansfield [2nd] v Harrogate [7th]
Mansfield win, and we win, we'd be one point off the current play-off position, with a game in hand over them.

AFC Wimbledon [8th] v Accrington [13th]

A long way to go in this season, but it is nice to look upwards! :D

Sure is! We're usually looking behind us at this stage. I feel sure that's the reason we are still getting the crowds. :D
black morse

Return to General Discussion