Morecambe 1 [Garner] Sutton 0 LIVE thread

Re: Morecambe 1 [Garner] Sutton 0 LIVE thread

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:29 pm

Barrow want him back!!
scalehallshrimp

Postby CityShrimp » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:46 am

Garner is a strange one - he’s missed a couple of sitters and, for me, doesn’t offer much with his overall play but you cannot argue with 3 goals in 3.
CityShrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:51 am

CityShrimp wrote:Garner is a strange one - he’s missed a couple of sitters and, for me, doesn’t offer much with his overall play but you cannot argue with 3 goals in 3.

Given his lack of game time this season, this is him still getting up to match speed. I'm happy with what I've seen so far, and I reckon there will be more to come.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:19 am

Keith wrote:
CityShrimp wrote:Garner is a strange one - he’s missed a couple of sitters and, for me, doesn’t offer much with his overall play but you cannot argue with 3 goals in 3.

Given his lack of game time this season, this is him still getting up to match speed. I'm happy with what I've seen so far, and I reckon there will be more to come.

and i think the score is now (Cole Stockton 1 - 3 Ged Garner) so far
Andy D

Postby Andy D » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:14 am

like the new signing’s particular Edwards, who looks an upgrade to Bloxham, he’s a lot smarter and good crosser of the ball.

just wish we could tie some of our better player’s down under 2/3 year contracts, it must be in Jason’s best interest too, if its to take big transfer fee’s to prize our player’s away.
Andy D

Postby dougiewonga » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:12 am

Andy D wrote:like the new signing’s particular Edwards, who looks an upgrade to Bloxham, he’s a lot smarter and good crosser of the ball.

just wish we could tie some of our better player’s down under 2/3 year contracts, it must be in Jason’s best interest too, if its to take big transfer fee’s to prize our player’s away.

There are obvious candidates for contract extensions. The downside of not doing so is they have most likely already been 'tapped up' by other clubs. "Don't sign anything and there's a signing-on fee coming your way".
It's part of the game at all levels unfortunately.
dougiewonga

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:31 am

I thought Slew and Edwards were excellent when they came on.

We missed at least 2 one on ones , 1 in the first half and Garner in the second half.

Should have been a 3 or 4 nil win and we nearly dropped 2 points when they had a chance with the last kick of the match.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:02 pm

Andy D wrote:like the new signing’s particular Edwards, who looks an upgrade to Bloxham, he’s a lot smarter and good crosser of the ball.

I agree about handing out longer contracts, I've been advocating that for a few months now because of the money that has come into the club through different streams.

The problem is thou the Bond Group can just sit there and not sell if there is no buyer coming in that actually matches the Bond Groups valuation. This must be discussed at the fans forum and we as fans should not accept platitudes from those there representing the Club.

I’m sure if anyone was a player they would be thinking ‘I need employment next year’, my agent will probably be putting out feelers now. Surly we can have an educated guess at next years revenue? There will be a lot of Clubs circling wanting to snap up a lot of our players.

So are we really going to let everyone go again??? and this time it will be everyone.

Charlie Appleyard said quite a lot, number on his list (8) please let the board continue to try and rectify the situation! (2) we are on the podcast and tell you what we can!! In the podcast he said what is there to demonstrate about? !!!

So at the forum I expect clear statements on how they are rectifying the situation and if the Club is actively at this time getting players in and offering extensions to their contracts.

There are many other things to discuss and the proposed fan’s “Advertisement”(NOT DEMONSTRATION), that in fact our Club is up for sale ‘PLEASE COME AND BUY US’ is a good thing. That it is nothing more as drastic as the Boards extraordinary statement in early December. It is only the fans trying to rectify the situation and is in fact the fans aligns themselves behind the board.
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:31 pm

Has anyone seen footage of the disallowed goal when Edward’s cooly slotted the ball under the keeper, GED said he’s seen footage and it was on side.
Billy bodger

Postby Alan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:59 pm

We were standing on the Berlin Wall parallel to the edge of the box and as soon as the ball was released
we said offside and didn't bother cheering. Watching and freeze framing the highlights it does look as though he could be onside though. I think VAR would have given offside.
Just shows how difficult an officials job can be !
Alan

Previous

Return to General Discussion