Last minute deals

Last minute deals

Postby redrobo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:57 pm

Probably will not happen BUT would be welcome if we could arrange a loan deal with maybe a Premiership club for a striker who his club need him to play regularly.

Have to be honest and say that I can't see the benefit of taking on loan a striker from a fellow EFL2 club who hasn't cut it there. :o For me the only winner is the club who loaned him out..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'd much prefer to see Charlie Brown lead the line than play him on the wing.... :!:
redrobo

Re: Last minute deals

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 pm

Think we will see 2 new players sign today

Watch this space
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:22 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Think we will see 2 new players sign today

Watch this space

We need quality not numbers...... :!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby Martin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:25 pm

redrobo wrote:

Watch this space

And there's Ged, specifically on the lookout for a couple of duffers!
Martin

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:43 pm

Martin wrote:
redrobo wrote:

Watch this space

And there's Ged, specifically on the lookout for a couple of duffers!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:46 pm

In his interview Ged said he would like to bring in two more, I think he has the team covered unless we lose someone today so now Adam gone that might happen.

Myself I’d just promote Fox-Akande, it’s a gamble I know, because first of all Garner has to do so much better than he’s showed so far, but we could play Charlie up front? Then if they fail and the dream of reaching the playoffs finally drifts away. Use the last bit of the season to bring Fox on with some good game time.

Not long to the deadline now, nothing more about Senior, so that’s good.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:36 pm

On Ged's pre match interview he's talking about Joel being available for Saturday so it looks as if he's going nowhere. :D
black morse

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:00 pm

I find it quite unbelievable how gullable some people really are, put something on facecloth and all of a sudden it’s fact! Just when I think I’ve seen it all, it happens again and again
nobbyshrimp

Postby Alan » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:05 pm

Nelson Khumbeni on loan from Notlob
Alan

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:09 pm

That's 1... Another 1 to come in at least
Redalert1970

Postby Martin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:31 pm

Young Nottingham Forest striker, Julian Larsson joins on loan.
Martin

Postby redrobo » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:42 am

A total of 9 new players into the club which is a staggering number..... :o

My only concern is that our wage bill may have increased and have we gone for numbers rather than recruiting more quality.... :?:

Obviously not sure what the terms are for each of the loanees but i assume we will be paying something for their services.

Only my opinion but I'd have gone for more quality that could have cost the club around the same that we are now paying for the increased numbers.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:00 am

redrobo wrote:A total of 9 new players into the club which is a staggering number..... :o

My only concern is that our wage bill may have increased and have we gone for numbers rather than recruiting more quality.... :?:

Obviously not sure what the terms are for each of the loanees but i assume we will be paying something for their services.

Only my opinion but I'd have gone for more quality that could have cost the club around the same that we are now paying for the increased numbers.

I think our transfer business just reflects our current financial status. We haven't got the money for quality "ready made" players so we have to take a punt on potential. It is going to be like this until we have new ownership :( :(
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:18 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
redrobo wrote:A total of 9 new players into the club which is a staggering number..... :o

I think our transfer business just reflects our current financial status. We haven't got the money for quality "ready made" players so we have to take a punt on potential. It is going to be like this until we have new ownership :( :(

Absolutely right GS. We cannot go for the "quality" that RR demands and keep afloat as a club. RR's "hidden gems" are few and far between and are snapped up by wealthier clubs than us.
black morse

Postby redrobo » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:19 am

Just feel we could have gone for circa 7 new recruits but still spent the same as we are for 9 BUT better quality.

For me there are 2 who i would not have signed.....but others will disagree.
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:38 am

Love out till at least the back end of the season, Ged obviously not convinced about our forward line so brought in the Lad from Notts Forest. The lad from Bolton in for losing King.

What is clear the second half of the season will be different from the first half and Ged and the players have to adapt to tactics like Colchester’s. We seemed unable to cope and when we got going we had no finished product.

9 new faces that’s a lot and the have to get up to speed very quickly, no time to settle in as was said to me last week after we lost.

No no no they have to come here not for an easy wage but to put a shift in for the money they get and for the club and us mere supporters.

A big home game coming up against Sutton we have to beat them no ifs buts. I like to think playing well but sometimes that doesn’t happen, there is nothing as bad as losing for a supporter than watching a poor game of football.

18 games to go and unless we go on a good run we will not get in the play offs, we will fall well short, having said that we need to be up past the 60 point mark to say with everything going on off the pitch we had a goodish season, completely out of the relegation zone.
Billy bodger

Postby John L » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:42 am

redrobo wrote:Just feel we could have gone for circa 7 new recruits but still spent the same as we are for 9 BUT better quality.

I think it's better to have a few extra bodies in there to cover for the inevitable injury here and there rather than splash out for quality, assuming the quality is available in the first place! We've shown that these younger lads can be well coached to improve their own quality whilst with us.
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby black morse » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:44 am

I did think we had a chance of play offs a few weeks ago but with all the new faces and loss of 'old' ones' I'll just be happy with somewhere near mid table.
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:46 pm

Play offs are well gone.. Mid table would be OK

Jan window as been OK in my opinion

Larsson sounds like a good signing
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:30 pm

[quote="Redalert1970"]Play offs are well gone.. Mid table would be OK

Larsson sounds like a good signing[/quote]

I love his reply to the "What can the fans expect from you?"..........GOALS! That's what we want to hear.
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:35 pm

black morse wrote:
Redalert1970 wrote:Play offs are well gone.. Mid table would be OK

Larsson sounds like a good signing[/quote]

I love his reply to the "What can the fans expect from you?"..........GOALS! That's what we want to hear.

Yes , a great interview , I like the cut of his jib. If he scores goals we will be very happy.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:37 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Play offs are well gone.. Mid table would be OK

Larsson sounds like a good signing

I don't think the play offs are well gone , but my fear is if we look like making them then Jason would delay any possibility of selling the club as it would go up in value.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Keith » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:45 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:I don't think the play offs are well gone , but my fear is if we look like making them then Jason would delay any possibility of selling the club as it would go up in value.

Not so sure if that's the case, or he would have been motivated to sell last season, before we were obviously going to be relegated. I've no idea what his thought process is!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:19 pm

Keith wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:I don't think the play offs are well gone , but my fear is if we look like making them then Jason would delay any possibility of selling the club as it would go up in value.

Not so sure if that's the case, or he would have been motivated to sell last season, before we were obviously going to be relegated. I've no idea what his thought process is!

I'm not sure whether Jason knows what his thought process is! :roll:
black morse

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 pm

It's crazy how we have gone from signings that stay typically for a couple of years, to season long loans, to players that give us three months. Whilst we now have the numbers again snd potentially some young talent, many of the new signings lack either experience or fitness. We do very well to get close to the form we had under Derek back in the early part of the season.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Next

Return to General Discussion