Ged's League Record

Re: Ged's League Record

Postby redrobo » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:38 pm

Cisco Kid wrote:
redrobo wrote:
As much as I detest the Cowley's (despite their claim via the Chief Steward that I was abusive to them which I strongly reject backed by all those around me) I give them credit for the way they managed the game nullifying us at every opportunity.

When you were leaning over the tunnel shouting at them at full time were you offering congratulations or sharing a recipe?

Just trying to find out what i was accused of having shouted at their management team :?: :?: :?:

Interestingly a number of fans sat in my area confirmed to the Chief Steward that i had said nothing but he would not accept that ( and when challenged was unable to confirm what i was alleged to have said) nor the intervention of a former Director and current sponsor of the main lounge who also confirmed that I had said nothing. Unfortunately the Chief Steward took issue with him as well and was very much in both our faces. :evil:

The Chief Steward in the opinion of many needs reprimanding or at best removed from his position. Causes nothing but problems throughout the game by his confrontational attitude.

I am seriously thinking about making a formal complaint to the club about his attitude and in particular his more than confrontational attitude not only on Saturday but in all matches at the Maz this season. He needs reprimanding....or dismissal as he is NOT what our club is all about.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:59 pm

Careful with that one, 2 longstanding fans have left the building for similar reasons
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:00 pm

Time to get the thread back on track :lol:

Personally I think it is only fair to give Ged longer in the job before he is written off completely, as some like to do with undue haste.

First and foremost he inherited a team who's heart was about to be ripped out by losing the loan players. You can't underestimate the negative effect that must have on the rest of the squad. They were all very decent and are undoubtedly missed. Connolly and Bloxham have gone straight into league 1 action with their clubs. King was voted the best player on the pitch at Celtic Park on Saturday and last but not least Mellon came on late for Dundee and contributed with 2 assists and a goal!

I think we've done well with the players we've brought in and looked more than useful in the second half at MK Dons. Fast forward to Saturday and 3 key players from that game namely Edwards, Senior and Mayor are not available for selection. Another big loss for Ged to have to deal with and it showed on the pitch.

Add to all this the turmoil behind the scenes and fair to say he's had a baptism of fire for his first management job in senior football. I don't think right now is the time to pass final judgement on him.

Give him time!
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby CityShrimp » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:12 pm

I agree that all things considered, Ged is doing ok.

Derek was a very good, highly experienced manager who left for (in his eyes) better things. We are skint and have ownership problems - why do people expect us to find someone as good, or better, than Derek?

Geds record is hit and miss so far, but he’s learning the ropes and we are comfortably mid table in league 2. In terms of ‘on the pitch matters’, its not time to panic yet.
CityShrimp

Postby John L » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:13 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Colchester sacked their manager and replaced him with two plus a new set of backroom staff, we simply aren't in a position to shell out that sort of outlay.

Ironically, they really were P.E. teachers before entering management!
GED ARMY!
John L

Previous

Return to General Discussion