Morecambe 0 Colchester 1 LIVE [ish]

Re: Morecambe 0 Colchester 1 LIVE [ish]

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:50 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:If Mayor is not injured / ill he will be gone by 1st Feb

Only found out after the game, he picked up a yellow card, for kicking the ball away after we scored. Tenth yellow card means a two match ban.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:05 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Woeful. The odd away win might cover the cracks for a bit but has a good side ever been ruined so quickly?

From a Ross County fan...

Wonder if @2426255 is still sticking with assertion that Derek Adams isn't just a slavering fucking moron.

Think he'll be too busy trailing behind him sniffing his farts to respond mate.

Is @2426255 your long lost Scottish cousin? Lots of Ross County fans calling for him to be sacked already.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BHmfc » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:09 pm

I think some of the posts are a little harsh. Last week, according to some, we were heading for the play-offs. After today's result, according to some, we are utter ####. I really wish people would look at the bigger picture. The club is broke, it has no backers splashing the cash. Derek left at short notice, all our loan players went back to their parent clubs, including our top goal scorer and the club realistically, had no option but to make Ged manager. (how much is it costing Colchester to have the two Cowleys in charge ?) Ged then had to bring in players on loan or players who were free agents, so please give him some slack. If we finish mid table I believe Ged and the rest of the back room staff will have done a great job under the circumstances.
BHmfc

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:17 pm

Like I've previously said forget about the play offs

Far to inconsistent
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:18 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Woeful. The odd away win might cover the cracks for a bit but has a good side ever been ruined so quickly?

Wonder if @2426255 is still sticking with assertion that Derek Adams isn't just a slavering fucking moron.

Is @2426255 your long lost Scottish cousin? Lots of Ross County fans calling for him to be sacked already.

I will play devil's advocate. If Derek became available I would reinstate him immediately as manager with Ged reverting to Coach even though that would be tough on the coach recently appointed.

We look extremely naive especially at home , I was glad Crewe was put off until April.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:21 pm

Keith wrote:

What a load of bollocks, get a grip.

Send your mate Jim up there, see how he would get on.
BerlinWaller

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:16 pm

We are in the second half of the season and have to cope with all that, that brings. We are still in a position of kicking on and getting in the playoff but that can only happen if we win against teams
(especially at home) like Colchester.

Look at our upcoming fixtures.

Now Colchester are fighting on getting away from the bottom of the league so brought a plan of out working us, they had more commitment than us and in the one to one duels where better than us. We have to match these teams. We could not get a foothold in the game and the few chances we had we wasted.

We cannot play great against the better teams and pick up points to drop points like today!

I just hope it’s a lesson learned, last year this happened time and again, how many times last year against teams in and around us where we lost points and it cost us (big style).

It will cost us again but in a different way this year, it will mean we will not get near the playoffs.
Billy bodger

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:51 am

And ..... breathe..... can't argue with much of the above.
Started with 3 up front, then we seemed to be in shock as they pressed us back, passed the ball and gave us no time. We didn't react and eventually ended up with 1 up front if not none!

Total shambles from back to front, subs didn't work either.

Still hate this tippy tappy rubbish to the keeper and back.

Jacob the only one with passion today
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:24 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:has a good side ever been ruined so quickly?

Are you talking to yourself? Because that actually makes sense now.

If you take your tongue off your hero's arse for long enough, you'd notice that the "good side" that Adams abandoned has been ripped apart. Loan players were all recalled, JJ out injured and Mayor suspended. None of that had anything to do with Ged, and it would have been exactly the same if Adams was still here. Yesterday was a bad day at the office, but it is [another] rebuilding exercise. Derek did a fantastic job rebuilding over the summer, and he jumped ship because he knew he'd be doing the same in January. And if we carry on as we are, it will be ground-hog day next summer. I don't blame him going in the slightest. But your hero worship is leaving you blinkered to reality.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:36 am

Another inconsistent performance from the man in the middle booked Harrack for a pull back in first half
When one of theirs did it in the second half just a free kick no booking
Fell for the play acting best was when their lad got clattered in a ariel challenge towards the end, he forgot to scream until a second had passed the screamed and flung himself to the floor comical really
glagys

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:48 am

Let's be honest...beaten on the day by a team who knew exactly how to play against us by giving us no time or space in which to play. The Cowleys as much as I dislike them are well versed in the tactical side of the game as well as the dark arts.

Ged will have hopefully learned a lot about tactics and particularly how to combat the opposition playing fro the back. On every occasion they had two men covering our full backs therefore making any out ball from or goalkeeper nullified straight away as our full backs had no option other than to keep passing between themselves. Contrast how we played against their out ball from their keeper. We had only one player covering so their options were more than ours.

What I did find strange as to why we continued with the same routine and surely players on the field have to take action themselves and change a tactic that simply isn't working. Also a manager has to change the same tactic that was obvious to all was not working.

On the day they deserved the win as we failed to come to grips with their 'in your face tactics' which is something we will face more and more.

I hope that Ged has learned a valued lesson today otherwise we will struggle going forward.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:37 am

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:has a good side ever been ruined so quickly?

Are you talking to yourself? Because that actually makes sense now.

If you take your tongue off your hero's arse for long enough, you'd notice that the "good side" that Adams abandoned has been ripped apart. Loan players were all recalled, JJ out injured and Mayor suspended. None of that had anything to do with Ged, and it would have been exactly the same if Adams was still here. Yesterday was a bad day at the office, but it is [another] rebuilding exercise. Derek did a fantastic job rebuilding over the summer, and he jumped ship because he knew he'd be doing the same in January. And if we carry on as we are, it will be ground-hog day next summer. I don't blame him going in the slightest. But your hero worship is leaving you blinkered to reality.

What baffles me Keith is that there are numerous posts on here similar to mine yet you seem to ignore them and can't wait to reply to me. I haven't bothered reading your ramblings again but i know how will it have gone. There will be an insult, knocking King Derek and then you will try and make out as if you know what you are talking about.
BerlinWaller

Postby CityShrimp » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:22 pm

redrobo wrote:Let's be honest...beaten on the day by a team who knew exactly how to play against us by giving us no time or space in which to play. The Cowleys as much as I dislike them are well versed in the tactical side of the game as well as the dark arts.

Ged will have hopefully learned a lot about tactics and particularly how to combat the opposition playing fro the back. On every occasion they had two men covering our full backs therefore making any out ball from or goalkeeper nullified straight away as our full backs had no option other than to keep passing between themselves. Contrast how we played against their out ball from their keeper. We had only one player covering so their options were more than ours.

What I did find strange as to why we continued with the same routine and surely players on the field have to take action themselves and change a tactic that simply isn't working. Also a manager has to change the same tactic that was obvious to all was not working.

On the day they deserved the win as we failed to come to grips with their 'in your face tactics' which is something we will face more and more.

I hope that Ged has learned a valued lesson today otherwise we will struggle going forward.

I get that a high press can be difficult to play against but it was pretty worrying how we just had no answer and continued doing things that weren’t working.

If there’s any budget left then we need to bring in a target man who can hold the ball up - just to give us another way of playing.
CityShrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:25 pm

CityShrimp wrote:If there’s any budget left then we need to bring in a target man who can hold the ball up - just to give us another way of playing.

We said basically that, when John Akinde came on. I'd love to have a player like him, who could come on and change the approach to a game.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:57 pm

Yesterday was awful, we were done all ends up by a limited side who worked very hard and scored a worldie then rode a little luck.
We were poor, no doubt.
Posh did a bit of research, the Shrimps eleven that battled with 10 men for nearly an hour to beat Colchester 3-1 at their place on October the 7th how many started yesterday? This was a little over three months ago remember? Any ideas?
TWO, Bedeau and Slew.

So Moore, Love, McKiernan, injured, Mayor suspended, King, Bloxham, Mellon, Connolly all gone back, Tutonda on the bench.
With Senior and Edwards missing we were certainly short of quality and it showed.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby skeletor » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Only 7 Colchester players in the squad yesterday played in the October game,just saying!
skeletor

Postby Freez » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:56 pm

Yep, six starters for them against our 2. Make of it what you will. :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:04 pm

We all want the team to do well but fans are always going to have different opinions and ideas

That's what makes the game what it is

No one is right no one is wrong
Redalert1970

Postby vvm » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:03 am

Can't say I've been impressed with Ged Garner in his two games, that penalty miss won't have done his confidence any good either. Hopefully a couple more signings to lift spirits this week.
vvm

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:41 am

vvm wrote:Can't say I've been impressed with Ged Garner in his two games, that penalty miss won't have done his confidence any good either. Hopefully a couple more signings to lift spirits this week.

I don't think any more signings will come in unless someone from the squad goes elsewhere. Maybe Derek or Judas will pounce for somebody !
Gone_Shrimping

Previous

Return to General Discussion