Proposed Demonstration

Re: Proposed Demonstration

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:29 pm

Good idea but why the early start? It would make sense to end at the ground later when media other fans will be arriving at the stadium
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Hodgie1978 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:07 pm

You got to consider this is a 5k game. The police would be stretched with 1600 Wrexham fans to deal with.
They are happy with the time we've said.
Hodgie1978

Postby redrobo » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:31 pm

Hope that a petition for both sets of fans to sign can be organised prior the match.

I'm sure some of the Wrexham fans will be more than willing to put pen to paper.

Also include all those in hospitality to been given one to one forms to sign as well as mass coverage in the bar areas and catering areas in the ground.

It will I would have thought require the approval of our BoDs but i doubt that that would be a problem.

Such action will take time to organize effectively but together with the march will show The Bond Group our united front.
redrobo

Postby twosheds » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:51 pm

Be positive in the fact that we are trying to do something....as you say in caps lock many times...this is "our club"
twosheds

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:19 am

As has been mentioned many times Bond are looking to sell but won't if they don't get a ridiculous amount. People have asked what should be on banners. We know that since Sarbjot came in with ludicrous promises on offer that that's the figure Bond are wanting. I would suggest if banners are to be used they direct Bond to accept a smaller figure so that more interested parties may come forward and the sale progress far quicker.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:11 pm

redrobo wrote:Hope that a petition for both sets of fans to sign can be organised prior the match.

The problem is, what can a petition say, that can actually be achieved? A petition that is simply thrown in the bin, is a waste of time. If you can think of wording for the petition that can actually be achieved, then genuinely (no sarcasm at all) then please share it.

redrobo wrote:Such action will take time to organize effectively but together with the march will show The Bond Group our united front.

That is the point of the demonstration, and one of the key outcomes.

jbc.shrimp wrote:As has been mentioned many times Bond are looking to sell but won't if they don't get a ridiculous amount. People have asked what should be on banners. We know that since Sarbjot came in with ludicrous promises on offer that that's the figure Bond are wanting. I would suggest if banners are to be used they direct Bond to accept a smaller figure so that more interested parties may come forward and the sale progress far quicker.

Similarly, I'm not sure what could go on banners, at this point in time, that can 'be achieved'? My preference would be, at the moment, we barely mention Whittingham or Bond. If we focus upon the positives, of raising the profile of the club, and it being for sale, and hope that Whittingham has an offer that he's willing to take. We're nothing like the position of Reading, but we'd really be better if new owners came in for us.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:22 pm

Meet up along the route.
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:14 pm

So Keith my suggestion of a petition would only end up in the bin..... :o

And what wording on banners could achieve the required outcome.... :o

Let's have some positive ideas from yourself...please....rather than question those of others.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby deadorred70 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:31 pm

I still say we need some tv coverage. :?:
deadorred70

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:49 pm

deadorred70 wrote:I still say we need some tv coverage. :?:

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2012-03-04/contact-us
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby KenH » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:14 pm

redrobo wrote:Hope that a petition for both sets of fans to sign can be organised prior the match.

I'm sure some of the Wrexham fans will be more than willing to put pen to paper.

Also include all those in hospitality to been given one to one forms to sign as well as mass coverage in the bar areas and catering areas in the ground.

It will I would have thought require the approval of our BoDs but i doubt that that would be a problem.

Such action will take time to organize effectively but together with the march will show The Bond Group our united front.

We'd be better to get the Trust to set up an online petition which would alleviate the need to hand out and collect paper forms at the game. An online petition could also be easily e-signed by fans who won't be at the game, i.e. those who live away and only come to occasional matches, those on holiday or working that day, occasional friends and family, etc. We'd probably get twice the number of signatures, if not more. Maybe also have paper forms available for those who have no access to a smart phone or laptop to be fully inclusive.
KenH

Postby twosheds » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:38 pm

Here's an example of an online petition website...

https://www.ipetitions.com/
twosheds

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:33 pm

How about wording something that includes Morecambe FC but reaches out to all football fans. Highlighting how football fans are marginalised by Clubs and their Owners and put it on the Parliamentary web site for petitions.

Then contact other supporter groups to sign the online petition.
Billy bodger

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:31 pm

What's happening about media coverage? It's all Welland good doing this but if noone outside Morecambe finds out what's the point. Have we been InTouch with the regional news, also will have sky have a reporter at the game that day with it been Wrexham? Do we just video it outselves and then send it to as many media social media accounts as possible so send it to sky, football league show, BBC etc
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:02 am

redrobo wrote:So Keith my suggestion of a petition would only end up in the bin..... :o

And what wording on banners could achieve the required outcome.... :o

Let's have some positive ideas from yourself...please....rather than question those of others.

:?: :?: :?:

But you never answer!!! I have asked more than once, so I'll ask again, WHAT WOULD YOUR PETITION SAY?

"We, the undersigned, want Bond Group to sell Morecambe Football Club"

And Bond Group/Whittingham says, "I agree, I want to sell the club, it is up for sale, let me sign that petition too".

We don't know what Whittingham is asking for the club.
We don't know what offers he's turned down.
We don't know how wide the valuations of buyer & seller are.
And frankly, as much as we'd all like to, we're not going to find out.

If I offered you £2,500 and a pie for your house, you'd laugh at me and tell me to go away.
If I then organised a petition, signed by a thousand people, saying "we want you to sell your house to Keith" you'd think I was barking mad, and the petition would be straight in the bin.

Again, if you can share the wording for a petition that can have a positive outcome, then great, let's hear it.

Personally, I'd be happy if Whittingham & Bond weren't mentioned during the demonstration.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:08 am

P/T Indie wrote:What's happening about media coverage? It's all Welland good doing this but if noone outside Morecambe finds out what's the point. Have we been InTouch with the regional news, also will have sky have a reporter at the game that day with it been Wrexham? Do we just video it outselves and then send it to as many media social media accounts as possible so send it to sky, football league show, BBC etc

All of this has been discussed and will be done. The EFL are based in Preston, so even regional TV news coverage will be seen by them. We definitely want to maximise publicity for the demonstration, hence trying to do something a little different.

What we really will need is people turning out. Fifty people and a dog on the TV news will not be great!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:51 am

Hand out flyers the last home match before, not everybody is on this platform. Make it clear joining the march elsewhere on route is ok, for some just a bit too far.
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:54 am

As I’ve said use Morecambe’s plight to highlight the broader issue of bad ownership of football clubs an issue to get other fans involved. Are the right people coming into football and are the right people looking after the game? It’s not all about the top six teams.
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:56 pm

A suggested text for any communication with the current owner. No doubt some will take issue with this suggestion but it is a start hopefully to successful form of communication.

To whom it may concern

We the undersigned are followers of Morecambe Football Club and are becoming increasingly concerned about the apparent lack of progress in the sale of our club to a fit and proper individual or organisation.

Our club needs to develop both on and off the field and the current apparent inactivity in progressing any sale is detrimental to our club's long term survival.

It is significant that a number of other sporting clubs have been able to successfully complete a change in ownership during the period that we have been for sale.

We respectfully urge that a sale is completed as a matter of urgency so that all parties concerned can move on and bring a successful closure to this long term issue.

Regards
Fans of Morecambe Football Club
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:10 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:Great that the march is going ahead. If anyone can get some Club for Sale posters/banners done I will put £100 in the pot. Lets have a good turnout and alert press and television to the march. At least by marching we are doing something, not sitting idly by as our club sinks.

quote="redrobo"]A suggested text for any communication with the current owner. No doubt some will take issue with this suggestion but it is a start hopefully to successful form of communication.

To whom it may concern

We the undersigned are followers of Morecambe Football Club and are becoming increasingly concerned about the apparent lack of progress in the sale of our club to a fit and proper individual or organisation.

Our club needs to develop both on and off the field and the current apparent inactivity in progressing any sale is detrimental to our club's long term survival.

It is significant that a number of other sporting clubs have been able to successfully complete a change in ownership during the period that we have been for sale.

We respectfully urge that a sale is completed as a matter of urgency so that all parties concerned can move on and bring a successful closure to this long term issue.

Regards
Fans of Morecambe Football Club[/quote]

That’s a fair enough example of what can be written.

I would add an understanding by the fans of the buying and selling process which demonstrates their reason for concern after the Club has been up for sale for 18 months.

The wording does not have to be long winded or complex but succinct and to the point.

For example;
It has to demonstrate a lack of movement by the Bond Group of the selling price not reaching a market price. Every commodity has a market price, which is usually between the selling price and the buying price.

The price of the quantity/quality of an asset equals the quantity/quality of offers which is driven by demand. So Morecambe’s market price will not be the same as price the Bond Group are trying to attain, that is for all to see. Here are some reasons

A) when it was put up for sale when we were in League One. B) The financial situation of the Club, C) The complexity surrounding the ground and the 5 outstanding Charges against the Club on the Company House web site.
Billy bodger

Postby Phil Anderer » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:37 pm

Not going to quote it all again, but to add to/simplify what Billy just said, any product/commodity/asset is only worth what a genuine prospective buyer is willing to pay, therefore if Bond Group can't find a buyer willing to pay their asking price then, logically, that asking price is too high. It's the most basic supply and demand economics.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:02 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:Not going to quote it all again, but to add to/simplify what Billy just said, any product/commodity/asset is only worth what a genuine prospective buyer is willing to pay, therefore if Bond Group can't find a buyer willing to pay their asking price then, logically, that asking price is too high. It's the most basic supply and demand economics.

Succinct and to the point.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:09 pm

So, if no buyer wants to pay his price and if Jason (Bond) is not prepared to come down to the offered price after 18 months it looks as if he's stuck with us and we're stuck with him........however much "he may want to sell". Can't go on for ever!
black morse

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:23 am

Personally I don't see any point in a petition, has one ever made a difference?
We just need to show a united front and gain some media attention at this time.

What we do need is to spread the message far and wide. It really does need setting up as an 'Event' on the old Facebook, so it can be shared to as many people as possible.

We need numbers and the way to get them nowadays is by using Social Media.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:49 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:Personally I don't see any point in a petition, has one ever made a difference?

This. 100%.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion