EFL statement on meeting with Reading FC Supporter Groups

EFL statement on meeting with Reading FC Supporter Groups

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:40 pm

The EFL have meet with Reading FC fans group and have issued a statement.

Within the statement mentions the abandonment of the game against Port Vale. The EFL note there are past precedents due to pitch incursions by fans, namely Blackpool v Huddersfield Town a number of years ago.

Blackpool were sanctioned by the FA and then by the EFL. The supporters groups said any sanctions would only harm the Club and its supporters. The EFL said it understood the sentiment and noted the position but they had a duty to uphold the regulations.

On future protest, all parties agreed the future protest where not ultimately not in the team of the EFL interest.

The EFL flagged the impact of further protest and the potential points deduction and relegation would ultimately reduce the value of the Club and its attractiveness to potential buyers.

Ongoing destruction to games would only lead to more sanctions and believed there was no need for further match disruptions as it was an ongoing situation.

Rather interesting!!
Billy bodger

Re: EFL statement on meeting with Reading FC Supporter Group

Postby thedoc » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:31 am

I tried to add a copy of the statement plus some analysis of it by Fan Banter. But when I tried to, this happened: Help!!!!

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x80\xAF \x0AH...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
thedoc

Postby thedoc » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:35 am

Let's try this instead - there's a link to the wordy and very `correct' EFL statement in it if you can stand - er - Reading it:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/efl-confirm-sus ... r-charged/
thedoc

Postby thedoc » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:37 am

P.S. Can Fulwoodshrimp get in contact with me please? I sent him a message via this site last week and the topic is becoming redundant...
thedoc

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:36 pm

thedoc wrote:Let's try this instead - there's a link to the wordy and very `correct' EFL statement in it if you can stand - er - Reading it:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/efl-confirm-sus ... r-charged/

Thanks for the link, mine was a summary of the meeting between the EFL and the Readings fans groups, a different statement than the one regarding the EFL statement about Reading FC they put out about the suspended 3 points deduction.

Both very interesting when taken separately and when read in conjunction with each other.

Between us we covered the story quite well.
Thanks
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion