Ged Garner

Ged Garner

Postby redrobo » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:06 pm

It's reported on the Barrow Fans Site that he has signed on loan until the end of the season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Garner

He signed for Barrow for a record fee in January 2023
Last edited by redrobo on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Re: Ged Garner

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:08 pm

redrobo wrote:It's reported on the Barrow Fans Site that he has signed on loan until the end of the season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Garner

It's on the Morecambe OWS too.

Maybe to help Barrow pay Stockton :?: :?: :?:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:09 pm

Decent at this level, watched him a few times. Quick and strong. Good business as at least has live experience at this level and actively been involved.

Paving the way for Stockton for them, too.
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby CityShrimp » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:25 pm

Can he play as a target man?
CityShrimp

Postby Dave (Barra) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:26 pm

Tidy player but 4 goals in 34 appearances tells a story.

Maybe Brannan will get a tune out of him…. Good luck to the lad.
Dave (Barra)

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:38 pm

CityShrimp wrote:Can he play as a target man?

He did for Fleetwood, he's a biggish lad but nippy too. He is a lot broader built than Mellon. Hopefully he knows where the net is the same.
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:43 pm

Very good signing at this level
Redalert1970

Postby Andy D » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:23 pm

yes, and cant be any worse than Slew, as Ged as played C/F his entire career so far.
Andy D

Postby black morse » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:20 pm

Relapsed_Shrimp wrote:

He did for Fleetwood, he's a biggish lad but nippy too. He is a lot broader built than Mellon. Hopefully he knows where the net is the same.

Play him alongside Charlie Brown?
black morse

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:11 pm

black morse wrote:
Relapsed_Shrimp wrote:

Play him alongside Charlie Brown?

I was wondering if that is an option? Or, simply offers us different approaches to games?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:44 pm

Presume he can't play on Monday, will Stockton be cheered or booed?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:18 am

Andy D wrote:

yes, and cant be any worse than Slew, as Ged as played C/F his entire career so far.

That hasn't aged very well.

Slew has been excellent for quite a few games now and is 2nd top scorer to Mellon.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 am

marky No.1 wrote:Presume he can't play on Monday, will Stockton be cheered or booed?

I hope neither as I would like him back in the Summer , but that can only happen if we have a new owner.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:04 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Presume he can't play on Monday, will Stockton be cheered or booed?

I hope neither as I would like him back in the Summer , but that can only happen if we have a new owner.

I should think you are one of the few that want Stockton back. I certainly can't forgive him for the way he threw his toys out of the pram. I wouldn't boo him but I wouldn't welcome him back.
black morse

Postby redrobo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:41 am

I most certainly do NOT want Garner back next season. I dislike signing players on loan from a neighboring team such as Barrow also I think we can do a lot better.....such a Cole who i would have back in a flash but I suspect he'll be a permanent fixture at Barrow assuming that Burton release him which I think is most likely.

Assuming Cole plays on Monday I hope we show him the respect he deserves for all that he did for us during his time with us. The booing of a former player is disrespectful .....and we are so much better as a fan base than to lower our standards.

OK his leaving was a blow and may have cost us a continued place in EFL1 although I personally do not subscribe to that way of thinking.
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:44 am

black morse wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

I should think you are one of the few that want Stockton back. I certainly can't forgive him for the way he threw his toys out of the pram. I wouldn't boo him but I wouldn't welcome him back.

I think he was badly advised by his agent and that prat from the Sun Alan Nixon got into his head as well. I think with Stockton in the side instead of either Garner or the new signing then we would be further up the table. Morecambe is the club where he has had the most success and he probably wishes he was still here.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Andy D » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:00 am

black morse wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

My sentiments exactly.
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:04 am

I think he was badly advised by his agent and that prat from the Sun Alan Nixon got into his head as well. I think with Stockton in the side instead of either Garner or the new signing then we would be further up the table. Morecambe is the club where he has had the most success and he probably wishes he was still here.[/quote]

Yes I suspect you are correct in that belief. He doesn't celebrate a goal with Barrow like he used to with us despite probably being on a greater wage than at the Mazuma which he got / gets from Burton Albion.
redrobo

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:02 pm

redrobo wrote: He doesn't celebrate a goal with Barrow like he used to with us.

He celebrates in EXACTLY the same way he did with us ............... this from Saturday gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2yfTNmBFhw
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:16 pm

black morse wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

I'm not interested in having him back in the summer. If he keeps his form up at Barrow, they'll want to keep him, whether they go up or not. If his form collapses (hopefully) then why would we want him? He's got zero interest in us, or the damage he did by sulking, so I don't see any point in bringing him back. He's a one-season wonder. I won't boo him, as I think that can actually motivate an opposition player.

Watch him score and celebrate like he's won the World Cup.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby vvm » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 pm

He's on a two year contract at Burton anyway so some kind of deal would have to be made for him to drop down to Barrow permanently. He might end up seeing out his contract with Burton if Barrow aren't prepared to pay the full amount of his current weekly wage.
vvm

Postby redrobo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:24 pm

Are people seriously saying that if GB wants Cole to be the teams target man that the fans support for him would be totally opposed to such a move.... :?: :

I'd be 100% in favour of any such move to bring him back home..... :) :D :D :D
redrobo

Postby sandgrown » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:34 pm

I'd love Cole back he's a real class act, but i don't think we can afford him now !
sandgrown

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:54 pm

I want to know we can expect any player putting on a Morecambe shirt to give 100%. With Cole we know for a fact we can't rely on him doing yhat.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:04 pm

I doubt very much we will be buying anybody.
Billy bodger

Next

Return to General Discussion