Ged Garner

Re: Ged Garner

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:45 pm

This conversation about Stockton seems to go round and round and keeps cropping up !!

He's gone. He's a sulky moody chops who cost us relegation with his tantrums and he wouldn't let anyone borrow his pencil crayons. Bless him.

He gave us good service, he's gone. We move on.

There always seems to be this obsession in bringing back former players. Not this time.

Norfolk n' chance.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:00 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:I want to know we can expect any player putting on a Morecambe shirt to give 100%. With Cole we know for a fact we can't rely on him doing yhat.

100% agree. I struggle to understand why people would want Sulky-Stockton back, playing if he can be arsed and playing Billy-big-bollocks when he can't be arsed?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby KenH » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:42 pm

sandgrown wrote:I'd love Cole back he's a real class act, but i don't think we can afford him now !

He's only a "class act" when he can be bothered. We need reliable players who we can depend on. The way he downed tools last season was an absolute disgrace and wrecked our chances of staying up. Such a shame as he clearly has the ability, but clearly has an attitude problem.
KenH

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:03 pm

Keith wrote:
Watch him score and celebrate like he's won the World Cup.

:lol:

Some really good comments there, a contentious day ahead
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Dave (Barra) » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:10 am

Stockton’s given a few interviews whilst he’s been with us where he talks fondly of MFC so I doubt he’ll go full Adebayor if he does score.

Going back to Garner - what’s the consensus, would you like to keep him for next season if he was available? I still think Wild sees a role for him with us….we’ll have to wait and see.
Dave (Barra)

Postby Andy D » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:41 am

Dave (Barra) wrote:Stockton’s given a few interviews whilst he’s been with us where he talks fondly of MFC so I doubt he’ll go full Adebayor if he does score.

Going back to Garner - what’s the consensus, would you like to keep him for next season if he was available? I still think Wild sees a role for him with us….we’ll have to wait and see.

to say Ged Garner is 6.2ft tall he should be a lot more competitive in the air, but he just doesn't look interested battling for the ball, unless the ball his played to his feet.
Andy D

Postby vvm » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:58 am

Dave (Barra) wrote:Stockton’s given a few interviews whilst he’s been with us where he talks fondly of MFC so I doubt he’ll go full Adebayor if he does score.

I would say I'm not really fussed if we kept him or not. He's had a few bright moments, he missed a couple of games and it felt like we were missing him a bit but he came back in and hasn't really done anything special.

He's ok though, I think there is a player in there. However, if you were to get promoted I don't think he'd cut it in league one.
vvm

Postby Freez » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:08 pm

Agreed, there does look like there is a player in there. It’s just in brief flashes. At the moment he is missed when he isn’t there, which perhaps tells you more about the way we play, but jury is still out on him I feel.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:55 pm

Garner does not work hard enough when Morecambe are out of possession, I don’t think he’s particularly lazy but he does not close down opponents when they play out from the back and that is needed the way Ged has set up the team.

Stockton under DA didn’t have to bother to much because Morecambe was happy to retreat and retreat way back over the half way line so a comparison is hard to equate.

Stockton a better finisher than Garner, (just experience with age, but is crucial), Garner is still a young lad but Morecambe don’t want to wait till he’s 26 to become a better all round main attacker, he is getting good game time and is not progressing at all, he’s a young lad playing in an adult league and for me it shows. Next Monday will be interesting and I hope Garner comes away with some goals and puts to bed my scepticism. Stockton on the other hand I hope he has one of his off days.
Billy bodger

Postby al1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:06 pm

Garner will not play Monday as he is on loan from barrow!
al1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:08 pm

Billy bodger wrote:Garner does not work hard enough when Morecambe are out of possession, I don’t think he’s particularly lazy but he does not close down opponents when they play out from the back and that is needed the way Ged has set up the team.

Stockton under DA didn’t have to bother to much because Morecambe was happy to retreat and retreat way back over the half way line so a comparison is hard to equate.

Stockton a better finisher than Garner, (just experience with age, but is crucial), Garner is still a young lad but Morecambe don’t want to wait till he’s 26 to become a better all round main attacker, he is getting good game time and is not progressing at all, he’s a young lad playing in an adult league and for me it shows. Next Monday will be interesting and I hope Garner comes away with some goals and puts to bed my scepticism. Stockton on the other hand I hope he has one of his off days.

Garner won't be playing against his parent club on Monday.

For me he disappears in games , doesn't drag centre backs out of position , mind you Stockton didn't do that either or run the channels !

I think MFC will be looking for a new striker in the Summer and not trying to sign Garner even if Barrow release him IMHO.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:59 pm

al1 wrote:Garner will not play Monday as he is on loan from barrow!

Not surprised by that....

Although it will be a frenetic game..I'd be tempted to put Saul Fox on the bench and give him at least 20 minutes to see if there is potential in him.
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:41 pm

redrobo wrote:
al1 wrote:Garner will not play Monday as he is on loan from barrow!

Not surprised by that....

Although it will be a frenetic game..I'd be tempted to put Saul Fox on the bench and give him at least 20 minutes to see if there is potential in him.

I totally agree, we have to bring on as many of the young lads as we can. Am I right in thinking he will have another year in the Academy?

If Ged thinks any of those coming out of the academy are worth keeping for the first team depending where we are after the Easter games, I think he should give them a bit of game time, or definitely be involved in and around the first team. With Players coming back maybe aged will concentrate on playing those players in the hope they stay next year.

Garner as has been pointed out will not be in the squad for Monday, who’s going to lead the line?
Saul Fox ?? Is it to big a game? Mmmm it will be interesting to see who Ged goes with.
Billy bodger

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm

Barrow 2-0 up as I type and Stockton has them both
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Previous

Return to General Discussion