MFC Transfer update January 2024

Re: MFC Transfer update January 2024

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:22 am

Wonder if any more signings will be announced today.??
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:30 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Wonder if any more signings will be announced today.??

If they are , would they be eligible to play tomorrow. What is the deadline ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:32 am

I read somewhere that it's Thursday lunchtime but could be wrong
Maybe it's Friday lunchtime!!!
Redalert1970

Postby John L » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:28 pm

Keith wrote:Joe Adams joins on loan:

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2024/j ... ams-signs/

Not the first Guernseyman we've recruited, of course...

https://guernseypress.com/sport/2024/01/12/adams-aiming-for-game-time-after-making-morecambe-loan-move/

Morecambe was the first club in Ryan-Zico Black's semi-pro career.
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:03 am

Heard from a good source upstairs that three more are coming in.
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:24 am

Andy D wrote:Heard from a good source upstairs that three more are coming in.

Only one game BUT based on yesterdays performance who should be the ones to be in contention of being replaced.... :?:

Possibly Adam Mayor :?: :?: :?: but whoever it was would have to be a lot better at taking corners 'cause Adam frequently over hits his....
redrobo

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:48 pm

redrobo wrote:
Andy D wrote:Heard from a good source upstairs that three more are coming in.

Only one game BUT based on yesterdays performance who should be the ones to be in contention of being replaced.... :?:

Possibly Adam Mayor :?: :?: :?: but whoever it was would have to be a lot better at taking corners 'cause Adam frequently over hits his....

Striker

Slew, twice he was caught offside and could of timed his run better with that disallowed goal.

Charlie Brown is to lightweight to play lone striker, but skill-full and be good linking up in a front two
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:32 pm

If that is Geds style then we need a strong target man. Slew played the role really well yesterday, he has some nice one touch passes and is a unit. I'd like to see the offside again because it is criminal to be caught off in that situation. He had a good game but he does fade quickly.

Charlie played well on the right but he is too slight. He has good movement and you can tel he knows where the goal is.

Won't be easy finding somebody in this window.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:49 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:If that is Geds style then we need a strong target man. Slew played the role really well yesterday, he has some nice one touch passes and is a unit. I'd like to see the offside again because it is criminal to be caught off in that situation. He had a good game but he does fade quickly.

Charlie played well on the right but he is too slight. He has good movement and you can tel he knows where the goal is.

Could have been said about MM....it's whether Charlie has the predator instinct.... :?: :?: :?:

Will be difficult to find someone with the same potential as MM but some gems in non league and Ged sounds optimistic about a replacement. What is encouraging for me is that we a more attack minded under GB and giving players more freedom to go forward.
redrobo

Postby vvm » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:57 pm

We’ll need to bring in another centre back for cover/competition if Ged intends to play Rawson, Stokes and Bedeau all at once like yesterday.
vvm

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:16 pm

redrobo wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:If that is Geds style then we need a strong target man. Slew played the role really well yesterday, he has some nice one touch passes and is a unit. I'd like to see the offside again because it is criminal to be caught off in that situation. He had a good game but he does fade quickly.

Could have been said about MM....it's whether Charlie has the predator instinct.... :?: :?: :?:

Will be difficult to find someone with the same potential as MM but some gems in non league and Ged sounds optimistic about a replacement. What is encouraging for me is that we a more attack minded under GB and giving players more freedom to go forward.

Could have been but Mellon wasn't used in a system that requires a target man.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:20 pm

vvm wrote:We’ll need to bring in another centre back for cover/competition if Ged intends to play Rawson, Stokes and Bedeau all at once like yesterday.

Don't forget that we've got Threlkeld as cover for a number of defensive positions. Also Melbourne and the injured outstanding Tutonda so i think we are well covered in all areas of defense.

It's up front and midfield that Ged needs to build on....although Love is on his way back so that should provide competition in midfield.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:22 pm

Sounds as though Berlin Waller and I agree that Cole would be the ideal target man up top.... :?:
redrobo

Postby vvm » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:30 pm

redrobo wrote:
vvm wrote:We’ll need to bring in another centre back for cover/competition if Ged intends to play Rawson, Stokes and Bedeau all at once like yesterday.

Don't forget that we've got Threlkeld as cover for a number of defensive positions. Also Melbourne and the injured outstanding Tutonda so i think we are well covered in all areas of defense.

It's up front and midfield that Ged needs to build on....although Love is on his way back so that should provide competition in midfield.

Yeah we’re probably just about covered in an emergency but I’d say those players you’ve mentioned would be more suited to covering the full back roles. Songo’o can also cover cb competently but Bedeau, Rawson and Stokes are the only real out and out centre backs. It’s not the position we’re most desperate for currently but if we plan to play all 3 of them at once then we should probably bring in a dedicated cb as cover.
vvm

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:44 pm

vvm wrote:
redrobo wrote:

Yeah we’re probably just about covered in an emergency but I’d say those players you’ve mentioned would be more suited to covering the full back roles. Songo’o can also cover cb competently but Bedeau, Rawson and Stokes are the only real out and out centre backs. It’s not the position we’re most desperate for currently but if we plan to play all 3 of them at once then we should probably bring in a dedicated cb as cover.
seen Love playing in a back 3, and he did alright, something like this Senior Love Rawson Bedeau Tutohonda
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:48 pm

redrobo wrote:Sounds as though Berlin Waller and I agree that Cole would be the ideal target man up top.... :?:

I never said that. I'd take Cole despite his baggage and the fact that his sulking was a major factor in our relegation. Would he fit the requirements of Geds running around a lot tactic, probably not. No doubt that he has the quality to play the role but I doubt he fancies charging about for 90mins.
BerlinWaller

Postby sandgrown » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:01 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
redrobo wrote:Sounds as though Berlin Waller and I agree that Cole would be the ideal target man up top.... :?:

I never said that. I'd take Cole despite his baggage and the fact that his sulking was a major factor in our relegation. Would he fit the requirements of Geds running around a lot tactic, probably not. No doubt that he has the quality to play the role but I doubt he fancies charging about for 90mins.

same for me, top strikers never charge around they just know where to be and when !
sandgrown

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:24 pm

redrobo wrote:

As it stands Threlkelds contract runs out on 31st January
nobbyshrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:46 pm

Stockton possibly signing for Barrow
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:59 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Stockton possibly signing for Barrow

Also interest from other clubs following Burton's decision to let him go...

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/15/charlton ... e-striker/
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:00 pm

GOOD!
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:21 pm

Billy bodger wrote:

GOOD!

You can't be serious....Not to one of our local rivals ..... :evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:16 pm

redrobo wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:

GOOD!

You can't be serious....Not to one of our local rivals ..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Apologies redobo never thought about it that way, just glad MFC where not being linked with him.
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:58 pm

A striker was training all last week with the first team, anybody idea who it was? Or if he impressed and MFC are going to bring him in?
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:54 pm

Ged Garner joins the Shrimps, from Barrow, mmmmmm!! As they say it’s the fiddler who played the tune, let hop our GED get more out of him than Barrow has while he’s here.

Good luck.
Billy bodger

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion