Greg Strong

Greg Strong

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:10 pm

Is leaving to Persue other avenues just before the January window ! :roll: . I think steamboat MFC is beginning to take in water and women ,children , and staff are heading for the lifeboats . Stormy seas ahead chaps
Born again Bill

Re: Greg Strong

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:20 pm

Having already done the January deals?

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/d ... to-depart/
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:38 pm

Born again Bill wrote:Is leaving to Persue other avenues just before the January window ! :roll: . I think steamboat MFC is beginning to take in water and women ,children , and staff are heading for the lifeboats . Stormy seas ahead chaps

Has an opportunity arisen at Ross County ?
Gone_Shrimping

Greg Strong

Postby redrobo » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:23 pm

Greg has left the club to pursue an opportunity elsewhere......Ross Count anybody... :?: :?: :?:

Yet another blow for our club. :( :( :(

News of his departure is on the Lancaster Guardian site and OWS.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/d ... to-depart/
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:37 pm

redrobo wrote:News of his departure is on the Lancaster Guardian site and OWS.

And also, in the other thread, cunningly titled "Greg Strong" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:38 pm

thought he left yonks ago.
Andy D

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:06 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:News of his departure is on the Lancaster Guardian site and OWS.

And also, in the other thread, cunningly titled "Greg Strong" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old news that one Keith :D
Born again Bill

Postby Zip It Shrimpy » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:14 pm

"January transfer targets already identified and approved by both Ged and Greg"
Who'd want to smell like you?
Zip It Shrimpy

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:41 pm

Zip It Shrimpy wrote:"January transfer targets already identified and approved by both Ged and Greg"

Identifying targets is all well and good it’s persuading them to come to a club in turmoil with no light at the end of the tunnel !
Born again Bill

Postby Andy D » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:46 pm

Hopefully the first signing is a new Goalkeeper, sounds like Stuart Moore is still going to be out for a while after his hip operation.
Andy D

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:19 pm

Born again Bill wrote:
Zip It Shrimpy wrote:"January transfer targets already identified and approved by both Ged and Greg"

Identifying targets is all well and good it’s persuading them to come to a club in turmoil with no light at the end of the tunnel !

Maybe the targets are replacement loan signings if as expected some if not all the present loan players are recalled by their parent clubs. Be nice if any recalls are delayed until they have played at Swansea City.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:46 pm

Thought I read somewhere that all the loanees would still be with us for the Swansea game..... :?: :?: :?:

We certainly need them all although recent away performances would suggest another defeat.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:58 pm

As we can only afford to bring people in if people leave som loans must be going.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Andy D » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:25 pm

players who you'd say are surplus to requirements Charlie Brown, Ethan Walker, and why did we give Oscar Threlkeld a contract?

and possibly Cammy Smith although he looks a decent player, he’s not getting played.
Andy D

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:59 am

I suspect Mellon and several of the loaners are returning to their parent clubs. Many managers will feel their young players will develop better in a successful side with an experienced manager to guide them.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:21 am

Those on season long loan deals can only be recalled in the transfer window and even then only if a release clause was put into the original contract however I would imagine any club with any thought of the players best interests would insist on having this clause put in as standard, I mean why wouldn’t you. It’s a no brainer from the parent club. I ‘think’ the parent club needs to give 28 days notice also but could be wrong on this. The only possible chance we have of keeping MM is that he may want to stop but as a young player you always want to challenge yourself and play as high up the pyramid as possible so personally and I hope I’m wrong but think MM is on his way as clubs will be crying out for a player like him, especially clubs like Shrewsbury who are in free fall, desperate for strikers and commutable for MM. Hope I eat my words at the end of January tho
nobbyshrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:36 pm

Sadly another sign of any ambition draining away from the club. We will be signing any Scouser without a club in January again.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:06 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I suspect Mellon and several of the loaners are returning to their parent clubs. Many managers will feel their young players will develop better in a successful side with an experienced manager to guide them.

On the flip side, would they be guaranteed football elsewhere? Mellon probably would, but the others are likely to be better off staying with us and playing every week. They won't develop by sitting on a League One bench. Even Mellon, it may be felt that it is best for him to stay with us, where he's obviously thrived.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:20 pm

No surprise but Greg Strong has rejoined Derek the nomad Manager at Ross county . Who's next ?????
Born again Bill

Postby redrobo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:57 pm

[quote="Born again Bill"]No surprise but Greg Strong has rejoined Derek the nomad Manager at Ross county . Who's next ?????[/quote]

Wonder if Judas at St Mirran will come calling once again for Jacob Bedeau as he did in the summer... :?:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:21 pm

redrobo wrote:
Born again Bill wrote:No surprise but Greg Strong has rejoined Derek the nomad Manager at Ross county . Who's next ?????[/quote]

Wonder if Judas at St Mirran will come calling once again for Jacob Bedeau as he did in the summer... :?:

Well, if the other thread relating to our possible transfer requirements is accurate Bedeau could be the central defender going :roll:
black morse

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:32 pm

black morse wrote:Well, if the other thread relating to our possible transfer requirements is accurate Bedeau could be the central defender going :roll:

From memory, Jacob turned 24 in December, so can go for free at the end of the season. Cash in on him now, or let him go for free at the end of the season? Unless he extends his contract now, I'd sell... ...if an offer is there.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:39 pm

Keith wrote:
black morse wrote:Well, if the other thread relating to our possible transfer requirements is accurate Bedeau could be the central defender going :roll:

From memory, Jacob turned 24 in December, so can go for free at the end of the season. Cash in on him now, or let him go for free at the end of the season? Unless he extends his contract now, I'd sell... ...if an offer is there.

Sell him if a deal can be sorted as for me we have a ready made replacement in Stokes who looked good before his injury.
redrobo

Postby John L » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:59 pm

GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:25 pm

Interesting that on the Morecambe OWS and the Who's Who section , the position of Head of Recruitment that recently showed Greg Strong has now disappeared suggesting that we are going to dispense with the position of Head of recruitment.

Also the club are advertising for another finance assistant not long after a fairly new recruit for this position had been appointed.
Gone_Shrimping

Next

Return to General Discussion