Derek on the move, official

Derek on the move, official

Postby twosheds » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:31 pm

Rumours about that Derek might be moving back across the border...
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sp ... ty-return/
twosheds

Re: Derek on the move?

Postby Born again Bill » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:19 am

I would imagine his decision will depend on what’s happening with the sale of the club . There will come a time when Derek will think sod this I’m off if he doesn’t get backing from the owners whoever they are especially with January window looming !
Born again Bill

Postby Argumentative » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:42 am

would imagine his decision will depend on what’s happening with the sale of the club . There will come a time when Derek will think sod this I’m off if he doesn’t get backing from the owners whoever they are especially with January window looming !

It’s on the BBC now.
Looks like the time is now. Can’t blame him.
Has anyone got a spare paddle that they can lend to MFC as that’s our greatest asset gone. ( that’s if it’s correct) it is the BBC after all
Argumentative

Postby black morse » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:44 am

DISASTER!!!! :o :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
black morse

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:49 am

Cheeky approach for the unsettled John Coleman?

If true, who could blame Derek for taking it?
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:56 am

He obviously knows the interested party he recommended aren't buying , it's a shame but it's the nature of the beast, he puts himself first and why shouldnt he.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:03 am

David Artell or Coley for me. IF this happens.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:30 am

Good shout both of them. I think we need to stop going for Scottish managers as they seem to always have one eye on going back north I presume you can earn a lot of money in the SPL.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby black morse » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:48 am

I was surprised when Derek stayed on for this season but his positive talk had convinced me things were beginning to move in the right direction. I don't think he would be going if the sale was progressing.

He's been a great manager for us and we can only thank him for what he's done and wish him all the best.

Hate to think what will happen now!
black morse

Postby Angler1 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:51 am

Coleman. Would be the perfect replacement. But I doubt it will happen ....
Angler1

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:01 am

Angler1 wrote:Coleman. Would be the perfect replacement. But I doubt it will happen ....

Not out of the question. It's well documented his contract is up at the end of the season and his assistant, Jimmy Bell, used Radio Lancashire the other week to express his concern that no new offer had been forthcoming.

This set the blue touchpaper well and truly alight with the Accy owner who then put the club up for sale.

I've always felt a return for Coley would happen at some point in the future - he loves Morecambe FC as he's said publicly in the past - and that time could well be now.
Seasider9601

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:06 am

Dave Artell or John Coleman for me.

Both know the club which is vital. Artell did a great job at Crewe. Coley is in last few months of his contract and we already have Ged Brannan as head coach.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby deadorred70 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:09 am

would we get any compensation from Ross County :?:
deadorred70

Postby Argumentative » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:23 am

Going to be a busy transfer window for whoever comes in. Derek Adams reputation for bringing on youngsters attracted the talented loanees and now if/ when he goes can anyone see tge likes of Mellon being allowed to stay?
Argumentative

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:49 am

I think we need to wait until something is announced by the club.

Ross would have to ask for permission to speak to Derek. No guarantee that would be given.

Then compensation would have to be agreed between the clubs.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:51 am

P/T Indie wrote:Good shout both of them. I think we need to stop going for Scottish managers as they seem to always have one eye on going back north I presume you can earn a lot of money in the SPL.

Robinson is from Northern Ireland but I know what you mean !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Argumentative » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:00 am

. I think we need to stop going for Scottish managers as they seem to always have one eye on going back north I presume you can earn a lot of money in the SPL.

Based on one Scottish manager?
Argumentative

Postby black morse » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:03 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:I think we need to wait until something is announced by the club.

Ross would have to ask for permission to speak to Derek. No guarantee that would be given.

You're right we do have to wait for an announcement but from the wording of the BBC article it sounds as if this is nearly a done deal. The board is not going to stand in the way if Derek wants to go.
black morse

Postby YellowBelly » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:12 am

Personally I think if Derek does go, which he's done an amazing job again, we need an English Manager, Coley yes but not Artell after slagging us off plus not how he was towards the end of he term at crewe. Also if Derek does go will our loan players stay or will their parent clubs want them back?
YellowBelly

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:14 am

YellowBelly wrote:Personally I think if Derek does go, which he's done an amazing job again, we need an English Manager, Coley yes but not Artell after slagging us off plus not how he was towards the end of he term at crewe. Also if Derek does go will our loan players stay or will their parent clubs want them back?

Artell who led Crewe to promotion in his first season ?
Seasider9601

Postby Argumentative » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:23 am

we need an English Manager,
Interesting comment if not a bit racist. What does an English manager bring to the table that a manager from any other country does not. It’s talent, man management skills, knowledge of football and connections within the industry that are important not where your mother was when you are born. As you can see there are numerous English managers just doing nothing as in the top flight for instance there are 5 English managers. Says it all doesn’t it.
I don’t care where they come from as long as they have half the talent of Mr Adams I would be happy.
Argumentative

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:26 am

The lack of movement on the ownership front is just ridiculous.

My biggest concern is, if Derek goes (and who could blame him) does our reputation for developing young players go with him? If you were in charge at Burnley, come January, there's an argument to say, 'Mellon is doing well, happy and developing under Adams, so we'll leave him there until the end of the season' but if Derek goes, then the key reason for not moving him on, goes too. In fact, with Mellon playing for Scotland, there may even be an argument for sending Mellon on loan to Ross County? :cry: :cry: :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:29 am

black morse wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:I think we need to wait until something is announced by the club.

You're right we do have to wait for an announcement but from the wording of the BBC article it sounds as if this is nearly a done deal. The board is not going to stand in the way if Derek wants to go.

Have you got a link to the BBC article ?

Anyone seen if Nixon has been mentioning this ? He blocked me on Twitter/X :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:31 am

Keith wrote:The lack of movement on the ownership front is just ridiculous.

My biggest concern is, if Derek goes (and who could blame him) does our reputation for developing young players go with him? If you were in charge at Burnley, come January, there's an argument to say, 'Mellon is doing well, happy and developing under Adams, so we'll leave him there until the end of the season' but if Derek goes, then the key reason for not moving him on, goes too. In fact, with Mellon playing for Scotland, there may even be an argument for sending Mellon on loan to Ross County? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hit the nail on the ahead, this is my main concern too.
Without a resolution in the ownership issue who the hell would want the job if Derek left?
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Argumentative » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:32 am

Gone shrimping.
Go to bbc football it’s there.
Argumentative

Next

Return to General Discussion