Flasks ?.

Flasks ?.

Postby Angler1 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:05 am

Does anybody know whether you are allowed to take a thermos flask into the ground. It's getting cold and I fancied taking a small flask of coffee to the game..
Angler1

Re: Flasks ?.

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:37 am

I used to take one but it's a while back , maybe even when we were at Christie.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:03 am

Don't identify me to security but I take in a flask of coffee and one of hot water, for Mrs A's Vomit (it's an anagram, work it out ;) ).
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:06 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:Mrs A's Vomit (it's an anagram, work it out ;) ).

It was genuinely, earlier this year, when I realised that Mrs A's Vomit didn't have a 'p' in it! :oops: :oops: :oops:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:09 pm

Keith wrote:

It was genuinely, earlier this year, when I realised that Mrs A's Vomit didn't have a 'p' in it! :oops: :oops: :oops:

It makes you pee, but not sure where you were putting the 'P' (or are you just taking it)?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:34 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:
Keith wrote:

It makes you pee, but not sure where you were putting the 'P' (or are you just taking it)?

Since childhood, I pronounced it Vimpto, and had never properly looked at the name. Took a can on a picnic earlier this year and happened to 'notice' there was a 'p' missing! I mentioned this to my wife, wondering if it was a rebrand that I'd missed. She gave me a look that suggested she was questioning her life choices, in marrying me, and said, as if talking to me like a toddler... "it is Vimto, not Vimpto. It's always been Vimto". And on that note, I'm going to go and get a Boveril before kick-off!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:04 pm

Since childhood, I pronounced it Vimpto, and had never properly looked at the name. Took a can on a picnic earlier this year and happened to 'notice' there was a 'p' missing! I mentioned this to my wife, wondering if it was a rebrand that I'd missed. She gave me a look that suggested she was questioning her life choices, in marrying me, and said, as if talking to me like a toddler... "it is Vimto, not Vimpto. It's always been Vimto". And on that note, I'm going to go and get a Boveril before kick-off![/quote]

Having my half time covfefe (c. Donald Trump). BTW Angler, no prohibition against flasks on the notice at the entrance.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby deadorred70 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:13 am

I take one in a bag a steward may ask what is in it, but never been stopped.I don't mean whats in the flask :roll: have noticed don't seem to have a steward out side family stand now, cutting back on stewarding maybe.
deadorred70

Postby deadorred70 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:34 pm

Yesterday a chap entering family stand had his flask taken off him by some jobs worth.Stewarding getting out of hand now :(
deadorred70

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:34 pm

Steward saw the flask in my bag and let us in no problem, although it does say on the notice outside that flasks aren't allowed.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:20 pm

When typing in vimto, pre text wants to put Vimeo, now that’s a rebrand!!
Billy bodger

Postby twosheds » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:21 pm

deadorred70 wrote:Yesterday a chap entering family stand had his flask taken off him by some jobs worth.Stewarding getting out of hand now :(

That was a friend of mine who sits next to me in the main stand...to say he was incensed by the actions of this individual is an understatement. He's been bring a flask in for years without any issues...

Luckily one of the other stewards inside the ground saw what happened and intervened and gave him his flask back...a formal complaint has been made on his behalf by the chief steward...he was none too happy when he heard about what had happened...
twosheds

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:10 am

I take a flask of coffee every home game as I've never seen decaff advertised. As I always wear one of the longer club jackets, the flask carries nicely in the pocket. Even when I'm sat I stand the flask under my seat on the floor and I've never been challenged about it. Grandson also took a flask to the Grimsby game, again no challenge.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:55 pm

Personally I wouldn't. The club sells coffee and you are helping put money in by buying it
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Return to General Discussion