ROTHERHAM GAME OFF - Waterlogged pitch

Re: ROTHERHAM GAME OFF - Waterlogged pitch

Postby halfwayliner » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks to the Accy lot for giving us those salmon sarnies and it was a good crack in the crown with all three sets of fans.
halfwayliner

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:11 am

morecambe mick wrote:
shrimper wrote:Just imagine if you'd been going to the game, got half way there, heard it was off so decided to go and watch Accrington, got half way there, then heard THAT was off as well!

Then you would have had something to moan about.

And how pissed off would you be if you were sat at traffic lights IN Accrington when you were told their game was off too?
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Even MORE pissed off if you were sat in the back listening to the moans from the driver and still had to pay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to the Accy lot for giving us those salmon sarnies and it was a good crack in the crown with all three sets of fans.

Their faces when we walked in were a picture, they thought we had arrived on the wrong night :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:58 am

John L wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:their chairman will ring our club tomorrow to arrange later in the season

Looks like it'll be either the 21st or 28th April, as they already have two games per week EVERY WEEK up until then!!!
http://www.themillers.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10360,00.html :shock:

Yep they have made it the 21st April just before the little trip to Exeter :shock:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby onlywayisup » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello Shrimps. I'm a visiting Valiant who, together with wife and mate, travelled up to Accrington for the match on Tuesday only to hear that it was postponed when we were just 3 miles away. But the night wasn't a total wash-out because we met a great bunch of Morecambe fans in the Crown Inn and had a great chat about all of the ills of the Football League. Almost made the journey worthwhile, and at least we didn't lose. Thanks for the butties lads, hope we can meet up with you next season either at the Vale or at your place.
Best of luck for the rest of the season.
onlywayisup

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 am

onlywayisup wrote:Hello Shrimps. I'm a visiting Valiant who, together with wife and mate, travelled up to Accrington for the match on Tuesday only to hear that it was postponed when we were just 3 miles away. But the night wasn't a total wash-out because we met a great bunch of Morecambe fans in the Crown Inn and had a great chat about all of the ills of the Football League. Almost made the journey worthwhile, and at least we didn't lose. Thanks for the butties lads, hope we can meet up with you next season either at the Vale or at your place.
Best of luck for the rest of the season.

My God was that your wife?

I thought it was your daughter ;)

It was a real pleasure to talk to real fans, all three of us post on here Hodgy, the youngest the one sat next to your wife.

Halfwayliner, the guy wanting flags and posters in every ground protesting, what was that about? :D

I was the one eating all the butties, the smoked salmon was very nice!
morecambe mick

Previous

Return to General Discussion