Morecambe 0 Liverpool [U21] 3 LIVE

Re: Morecambe 0 Liverpool [U21] 3 LIVE

Postby CityShrimp » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:21 am

It is possible for a club to just refuse to play in this competition? Or does membership of the EFL compel each club to participate?
CityShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:27 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
We need to sort that scoreboard out before Saturday.

I've read that Brian has been removed, don't know how true that is but there was another guy standing in Brians usual place
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:30 am

The only positive about the competition is that it does allow the fringe players to get a run out against decent level of opposition.
Last night was an entertaining game and on another day we could of scored a few.

I do think that the group stages should be added to the Season Ticket to try and get a few more in.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:39 am

1600 was a good turnout on a midweek bad weather day, expected half that
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am

Liverpool U21's are their clubs future stars and we have to admit that technically they played very well with hardly a misplaced pass throughout the evening.

As for our performance we looked like a team of strangers in the first 45 and that's not surprising when a few had their first real taste of action this season. I wasn't upset about our performance but god help us if our first choice goalkeeper get's injured because quite frankly Smith is an embarrassment and why DA offered him a contract is baffling.

Thought Brown looked OK in patches but is so short of match practice that it showed as the first 45 progressed.

Little wonder DA had reason for concern as he expressed in his post match interview.

Noticed that Ged Brannan was on the bench giving instructions whilst John Mc was more of a silent note taker. Is John on his way..... :?: :?: :?:

Well done to the 1600 who attended certainly a lot more than I expected.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:48 am

marky No.1 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:
We need to sort that scoreboard out before Saturday.

I've read that Brian has been removed, don't know how true that is but there was another guy standing in Brians usual place

I hear it was done via a mobile phone last night and you could tell! It was shoddy at best. Surely if Brian has gone and taken his equipment with him, the club can get something together. Plenty of young fans are in to graphic design, Liam who did last seasons graphics did a great job.

Hopfully the club look to somebody who knows what they are doing rather than just giving it to one of the usual crowd.
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:53 am

redrobo wrote:Liverpool U21's are their clubs future stars and we have to admit that technically they played very well with hardly a misplaced pass throughout the evening.

As for our performance we looked like a team of strangers in the first 45 and that's not surprising when a few had their first real taste of action this season. I wasn't upset about our performance but god help us if our first choice goalkeeper get's injured because quite frankly Smith is an embarrassment and why DA offered him a contract is baffling.

Thought Brown looked OK in patches but is so short of match practice that it showed as the first 45 progressed.

Little wonder DA had reason for concern as he expressed in his post match interview.

Noticed that Ged Brannan was on the bench giving instructions whilst John Mc was more of a silent note taker. Is John on his way..... :?: :?: :?:

I reckon that you read back through your post and see if you still think some of the things you have written are appropriate and fair. I know you are the most reactionairy football fan ever to grace a forum but that post is a new low for you.
BerlinWaller

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:55 am

redrobo wrote:Liverpool U21's are their clubs future stars and we have to admit that technically they played very well with hardly a misplaced pass throughout the evening.

Very harsh on Smith. 2 of the goals were deflections and the other wasn't his fault at all.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:20 am

redrobo wrote:

Have I really just read that .......... ?????? I've read some stuff on here but .......... :roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:22 am

marky No.1 wrote:I've read that Brian has been removed

Removed ??? :shock: :o
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:24 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
redrobo wrote:

Have I really just read that .......... ?????? I've read some stuff on here but .......... :roll:

Suggest you listen very carefully to a DA interview when he said that one person was about to leave and this was in the context of talking about his management team.... :?: :?: :?: This was pointed out to me by a fellow fan last night and I had to listen to the interview again to confirm what he implied.

Time will tell but with Ged Brannan coming in it is quite possible that John Mc could be a casualty which I most certainly hope not. :!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:53 pm

That interview was about the new analyst brought in from Liverpool.

I suggest you read/listen to the interview again properly and then come back on here and correct yourself. You really should think before you put your mouth in to gear.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:55 pm

The Who's Who on the OWS isn't up to date. No mention yet of Ged Brannan.

I went down to the shop earlier in the week and Ged and John were just getting into the white car in the assistant manager's parking space.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Zip It Shrimpy » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:05 pm

Derek said "some of the fringe players didn't take their opportunity tonight"

I thought those first half subbed off were OK with the exception possibly of Max who was playing on the right so not a fair assessment.

My assessment of the game was that we missed Songo'o and Davenport should've been on his place not Walker and Taylor.

Jake Taylor grew into the game.
Adam Smith was very unfortunate.
Michael Mellon gets into great positions but needs new shooting boots
Who'd want to smell like you?
Zip It Shrimpy

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:17 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:That interview was about the new analyst brought in from Liverpool.

I suggest you read/listen to the interview again properly and then come back on here and correct yourself. You really should think before you put your mouth in to gear.

Wrong....

In his pre Liverpool match interview at around 4mins 15secs into it he talked about new staff in and those about to leave.... :? :? :?
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:24 pm

the appointment, Manager Derek Adams said, “Due to a member of staff leaving us we were presented with the opportunity to take in a new Analyst.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:26 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:the appointment, Manager Derek Adams said, “Due to a member of staff leaving us we were presented with the opportunity to take in a new Analyst.

...and then in his pre match Liverpool interview he says ' and are leaving '.....CORRECT.. :?: :?: :?:

No need for an apology......everybody gets it wrong sometime :lol:
redrobo

Postby ChrisC » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:43 pm

Maybe we can all feel a bit better about this game now! 3 of their players from the night featured in the final!
ChrisC

Previous

Return to General Discussion