Re: Ref Watch: Wycombe

Postby ianmcm » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:27 am

3-0 sadly.
ianmcm

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:39 am

ianmcm wrote:3-0 sadly.

Wrong thread sadly! 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:20 pm

We’ve been allocated Championship referee Leigh Doughty for the Stockport match on Saturday. We haven’t had him in charge since we lost 3-1 at Oldham in September 2019.

Last season he issued 154 yellows and 6 reds in 33 matches (4.67 and 0.18) and so. far this season 58 yellows and 2 reds in 14 matches (4.14 and 0.14).
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby thedoc » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:12 am

Keith wrote:We’ve been allocated Championship referee Leigh Doughty for the Stockport match on Saturday.

Wrong thread sadly! 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Confusing innit? The club's website told us it was going to be Leigh Doughty. But Stockport's insisted it would be John Busby. And they were right. I thought he was tremendous yesterday - he let the match flow and gave the sort of sensible leeway for the conditions that more officious little twits with a whistle wouldn't have...
thedoc

Re: Ref Watch: Stockport

Postby shrimp riddle » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:15 am

I thought yesterday's ref was one of the best at the Mazuma for a long while. Let the game flow nicely and only blew his whistle for the obvious fouls. Also wasn't conned by s couple if dives, one I our penalty box.
shrimp riddle

Postby redrobo » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:32 am

Not a bad performance by the man in the middle....got some decisions wrong for both sides but generally little to find fault with in difficult conditions.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:38 pm

Funnily enough, I was also going to comment about the ref. I thought we should have had a penalty in the first half... ...watched it back, he was correct. Thought they should have had a penalty in the second half... ...watched it back, he was correct. As said, he let the game go and made allowances for conditions. Best ref so far this season.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:44 pm

Wow! Never known such praise for a ref...at least for a long time. Sound like MOTM performance.
black morse

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:53 pm

We’ve been allocated Kirstie Dowle for the Doncaster match on Saturday. This will be her very first EFL match in the middle after 9 NL and Trophy matches this season. In those matches she gave 28 yellows and no reds (3.11).

She was also the ref for the 2022 Women’s FA Cup Final and 2023 Women’s League Cup Final.

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Doncaster

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:52 pm

A good performance from Dowie, making it two decent refs in two successive games. Will we manage a hat-trick?

We’ve been allocated Lewis Smith for the MK Dons match on Saturday.

Darren Drysdale for Bradford on Boxing Day.

Robert Madley for Notts County on the 29th

Simon Mather for Harrogate on New Year’s Day.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:06 pm

Keith wrote:A good performance from Dowie, making it two decent refs in two successive games. Will we manage a hat-trick?

We’ve been allocated Lewis Smith for the MK Dons match on Saturday.

Darren Drysdale for Bradford on Boxing Day.

Robert Madley for Notts County on the 29th

Is my memory faulty or do we have a poor history with Mr Drysdale?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:13 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:
Keith wrote:

Is my memory faulty or do we have a poor history with Mr Drysdale?

Ross Joyce, in the previous Harrogate match is one to remember for all the wrong reasons! Let’s hope for better from Simon Mather today!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Harrogate

Postby black morse » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:15 pm

I thought ref was OK in the main today.
black morse

Re: Ref Watch: Harrogate

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:49 pm

After a worryingly decent run of referees (albeit, I think the two errors last Saturday v Mansfield were pivotal). Can we keep it up?

We’ve been allocated Marc Edwards for the match on Saturday at MK Dons and Ben Toner for Crewe next Tuesday.

ME was in charge last season when we drew 0-0 at home to Shrewsbury, 1-1 at home to Derby and when we lost 1-3 to Plymouth. He’s issued 69 yellows and 1 red in 15 so far this season (4.60 and 0.07).

BT was the ref when we lost 2-0 at MK Dons last season. So far this season he’s issued 90 yellows and 1 red in 19 matches (4.74 and 0.05).

It’s the first time we’ve seen either of them this season.

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: MK Dons

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:44 pm

We’ve been allocated Daniel Middleton for the Colchester match on Saturday.
He’s new to the EFL after six seasons in the NL so we’ve never had him in charge before.
So far this season he’s issued 51 yellows and 3 reds in 18 matches (2.83 and 0.167).

I'm getting rather concerned. We've had some decent performances from referees lately. Not agreed with every decision, but fair and not really making any massive mistakes. Long may it continue!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Colchester

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:46 pm

Keith wrote:We’ve been allocated Daniel Middleton for the Colchester match on Saturday.
He’s new to the EFL after six seasons in the NL so we’ve never had him in charge before.
So far this season he’s issued 51 yellows and 3 reds in 18 matches (2.83 and 0.167).

I'm getting rather concerned. We've had some decent performances from referees lately. Not agreed with every decision, but fair and not really making any massive mistakes. Long may it continue!
hope you haven't spoken too soon
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:47 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:hope you haven't spoken too soon

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Literally, the moment I posted, I thought exactly those words! :?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:43 pm

We’ve been allocated Championship ref Dean Whitestone for the Crawley match on Saturday and Craig Hicks for Walsall next Tuesday.

We had DW in charge last season when we lost 3-0 at Peterborough and drew 2-2 at Bristol Rovers. So far this season he’s issued 63 yellows and 2 reds in 17 matches (3.71 and 0.12).

CH was in charge when we lost 5-0 at Derby last season and when we drew 2-2 at Ipswich on the first day of the previous season. So far this season he’s issued 69 yellows and 2 reds in 17 matches (4.06 and 0.12).

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Crawley

Postby Keith » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:16 am

We’ve been allocated ref Peter Wright for the Sutton match on Saturday and Ben Speedie for Tranmere on Tuesday.

PW was in charge when we beat Wycombe 0-2 in the FA Cup in December and last season when we beat Rotherham 0-1 in the EFL Cup and when we drew 1-1 with Exeter at home. He’s issued 86 yellows and 2 reds in 23 matches (3.74 and 0.09).

We had BS in charge we lost 1-0 at Barrow in October and last season when we drew 1-1 at Oxford. He’s issued 57 yellows and 3 reds in 22 matches (2.59 and 0.14) so far this season.

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Sutton & Tranmere

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:35 am

I thought Ben Speedie was poor when we played at Barrow earlier this season. Barrow seemed to get all the 50-50 decisions.
fulwoodshrimp

Re: Ref Watch: Crawley

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:53 pm

Keith wrote:We’ve been allocated ref Peter Wright for the Sutton match on Saturday

We've had a decent run of refs for a while, but it's ended today. First half he's been poor. Hope he improves in the second. A few occasions where he gave Sutton a free-kick but not given us one for similar offences. That said, Sutton probably should have had a penalty rather than free-kick, just before half-time. He needs to get a grip of the game.

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Sutton & Tranmere

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:25 pm

We’ve been allocated ref Will Finnie for the Grimsby match on Saturday.
He was in charge when we beat Salford 1-0 in August and last season when we beat Bristol Rovers 5-1. Strangely, in the Salford match he sent one of their players off but gave no yellows out!
So far this season he’s issued 104 yellows and 7 reds in 30 matches (3.47 and 0.23).

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Grimsby

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:28 pm

We've had a good run of okay, or even, good refs. That's ended today already. Every time a Grimsby player goes down, it is a free-kick, but they've hauled Slew down twice and we've not had anything. There should be at least three minutes added on at the end of the first half too, their player took a minute just to re-tie his boots! I bet if the ref had made the game restart, he'd have tied them a bit quicker :evil:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:26 pm

The liner in front of the stand was no better he hadn’t a clue who the ball came off so went with what ref indicated
So far this season he’s issued 104 yellows and 7 reds in 30 matches

How the hell has been deemed good enough to ref 30 games
glagys

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:48 pm

In my book today's referee Will Finnie and Ross Joyce are awful officials who don't deserve to be reffing in the EFL. I am bewildered how they ever got onto the league list and how they manage to stay there.
fulwoodshrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion