DANNY ??

DANNY ??

Postby Mark Gwent » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:37 pm

Just heard Danny as returned to Carlisle is there any chance of him comming back to us ? Plus would you have him back. I would love to see him in a red shirt again.
Mark Gwent

Re: DANNY ??

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:50 pm

I'm probably very much on my own on this (what's new), but I'm not sure that I would want him back.

For me, he didn't exactly set the world on fire when he returned on loan a month or so ago.

This close season ( possibly sooner) we need an out and out target man who is prolific with his head to make the most of the crosses being put in by NW and no doubt MD. We are short of aerial power up front and from some of Sammy's reactions on Saturday, could he be of a similar mind?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:56 pm

I appreciate that people will say he is good at making space for other players and has an unmeasurable contribution, but we really need someone who can be relied upon to stick it in the back of the net more often. Hopefully young Taylor can be that player (no pressure!)
Harry

Postby i-love-mfc » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Is it offical that he has gone back to carlisle?
i-love-mfc

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:13 pm

dont need him.
George Dawes

Postby parkyboy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Thought Howe and DC were forming a workable partnership ,but if Howe leaves perhaps Taylor could form a similar partnership , I say lets get him back
parkyboy

Postby Howe Magic » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:41 pm

I would have Danny back tomorrow but dont think we could afford him now especially after bringing Mark d in from southport - but i think Danny will go somewhere on loan as carlisle have today brought in gareth Taylor on loan
Howe Magic

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:36 pm

parkyboy wrote:Thought Howe and DC were forming a workable partnership

I thought Danny looked much better when he returned to us than left, also I thought that Howe played much better when Danny was playing alongside him. I thought his movement and speed made a big difference. Can we have him back by tomorrow?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:36 pm

We don't need Danny any more. He can't score goals and our midfielders/wingers are far better than him. He will end up in the Conference again along with Blinks and Waynaldo (sorry Wayne), neither DC nor MB will score goals in the Conference, lots of potential but no end product.
OvertheBar

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Howe Magic wrote:I would have Danny back tomorrow but dont think we could afford him now especially after bringing Mark d in from southport - but i think Danny will go somewhere on loan as carlisle have today brought in gareth Taylor on loan

Gareth is a 'hit and miss' sort of player, but will get a place ahead of Danny, and score more goals.
OvertheBar

Postby james456 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 pm

I wouldn't want us to bring in another striker without offloading one. I think we have maybe one too many on our wage budget already.
james456

Postby Ned » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 am

Prior to Darlo going into Admin I enquired about Danny's progress to a friend who is a Darlo season ticket holder. I felt he would be an ideal person to comment as he lives local and watches Morecambe when Darlo are not playing at home. Without hesitation he stated that Danny was now out of his depth in League 2 and apart from a bit of pace he was unable to hold the ball up and no longer posed a threat and was now resigned to the bench. He went on to say he envisaged Danny would be best suited at Forest Green with Jim (although I don't think that will happen yet).
Ned

Postby Freez » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 am

Surely, after his loan spell with us just recently, it is not beyond our own fans to judge for themselves if he is up to League Two or not?

Personally, I feel he could offer something as his ball retention skills and all round game have improved since his leaving us, he leads the line well and appears to have solved his offside rule deficiency, and he did pop a couple in when we were not playing as well as we are now.

Also, his workrate is still superb, so should (as is suspected) Rene seeks pastures new I feel he could do a job.

But that's just me!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 am

It would depend on what terms we could get him. I think Danny does contribute in a lot of ways to a team and is good to have in the squad but I wouldn't break the bank.

Depends what other irons we may have in the fire. Good strikers aren't ten a penny.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Simply Ned wrote:Prior to Darlo going into Admin I enquired about Danny's progress to a friend who is a Darlo season ticket holder. I felt he would be an ideal person to comment as he lives local and watches Morecambe when Darlo are not playing at home. Without hesitation he stated that Danny was now out of his depth in League 2 and apart from a bit of pace he was unable to hold the ball up and no longer posed a threat and was now resigned to the bench. He went on to say he envisaged Danny would be best suited at Forest Green with Jim (although I don't think that will happen yet).

Do you ever talk to anyone who ever has anything positive to say about anything or anyone? Perhaps its your circle of friends that you keep that gives you your naturally sunny disposition?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Playing tonight for Darlington
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 am

Christies Child wrote:Playing tonight for Darlington

Yep and he scored.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Trevor » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:59 am

Simply Ned wrote:Prior to Darlo going into Admin I enquired about Danny's progress to a friend who is a Darlo season ticket holder. I felt he would be an ideal person to comment as he lives local and watches Morecambe when Darlo are not playing at home. Without hesitation he stated that Danny was now out of his depth in League 2 and apart from a bit of pace he was unable to hold the ball up and no longer posed a threat and was now resigned to the bench. He went on to say he envisaged Danny would be best suited at Forest Green with Jim (although I don't think that will happen yet).

And so i presume your response to him was something like 'oh good, we'll have him then. Because he will fit in nicely with players like Twiss, Curtis, Hunter and Bentley who clearly arent (Ned says) good enough for league football either and managed by someone who should go before he takes us into a relegation battle'.

Keep going Ned, you'll make a good point one day lad!
:lol:
Trevor

Postby sgt major » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:51 pm

Yes - Danny is alive and kicking (playing still for Darlo), and playing for the York's B Team at Pool.
sgt major

Return to General Discussion