Sarbjot Johal

Sarbjot Johal

Postby redrobo » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:58 am

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/sarbjot-joha ... _browsemap

Sounds as though he could be a Wolves fan..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: O/T Sarbjot Johal

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:36 am

Read this Twitter thread about him, I think we should be very concerned about this takeover! https://twitter.com/SSTInvesting/status ... QPBEw&s=19
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:38 pm

Like the majority of fans I only want what is good for OUR club long term BUT I'm not convinced that this takeover is in the club's best interests and I hope that the EFL kick it out on the basis that there appears to be very serious questions to be asked about where the finance to purchase and then fund OUR club is coming from.

We've been through a similar exercise where the previous owner was convinced that the potential owner at the time HAD the finances to take over and that proved very wrong.

I suspect that this could be a case of previous history repeating itself so for me it's a DEFINITE NO....

Unfortunately there is very little as fans we can do about it other than to use this forum to express our sincere concerns about the entire deal..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
redrobo

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:59 pm

New_Ground_Watcher wrote:Read this Twitter thread about him, I think we should be very concerned about this takeover! https://twitter.com/SSTInvesting/status ... QPBEw&s=19

GULP! You couldn’t make it up could you? The article seems well researched and reinforces other concerns raised previously on the forum. We just have to hope the EFL are making a thorough review of the finances involved in the purchase. The Co chairman doesn’t seem unduly concerned. Maybe that’s because the prospective owner has already invested money into the club. I guess we get to keep that no matter what the EFL decide about fit and proper persons.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Vinny » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:40 pm

New_Ground_Watcher wrote:Read this Twitter thread about him, I think we should be very concerned about this takeover! https://twitter.com/SSTInvesting/status ... QPBEw&s=19

:? Gets a big THUMBS DOWN from me
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:04 pm

Perhaps the source of the potential new owner’s finances is troubling the EFL? It all sounds a bit iffy!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby black morse » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:23 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:Perhaps the source of the potential new owner’s finances is troubling the EFL? It all sounds a bit iffy!

Sounds a lot iffy :evil:
black morse

Re: Sarbjot Johal

Postby Crazeenick » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:12 pm

Agree sounds iffy.

Maybe Sarbjot is bankrolled by a wealthy father/family, a bit like Abdulrahman Al-Hashemi during the Lemos debacle?

To own and run a multimillion pound company at such a young age suggests a wealthy family?
Crazeenick

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:03 pm

That twitter account is doing a part 2 tonight which it says is even more interesting :shock:

Looks like one of Sarbjot's friends replied to him saying Comapnies House docs don't tell the full strory.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:59 pm

What a joke
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby AndyReifman » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:14 pm

P/T Indie wrote:That twitter account is doing a part 2 tonight which it says is even more interesting :shock:

Looks like one of Sarbjot's friends replied to him saying Comapnies House docs don't tell the full strory.

Sarb Holdings account also blocked him on twitter, which doesn't seem ideal.

"Looking forward' to part 2. A bit nervous about what it might be.
AndyReifman

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:17 am

Part 2 is up and available.

It’s worse than part 1…… scary.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:15 am

New_Ground_Watcher

Postby Posh » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:21 am

Join the Shrimps Trust. It was founded for moments like this.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Zippy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:40 am

Expect the BOD , are having to tread carefully , and they have the skills, knowledge and experience to do so , hopefully the EFL can make an appropriate call ! Which is less of a certainty
Zippy

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:53 am

I read somewhere on twitter over the weekend that he had failed the EFL test and was appealing and that's why it was taking so long, not sure if it' true or not.

P/T Indie

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:47 am

New_Ground_Watcher wrote:Here's the link - https://twitter.com/SSTInvesting/status ... 1155900416

I don't understand any of this. Just hope we come out of this unscathed.
black morse

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:00 am

black morse wrote:
New_Ground_Watcher wrote:Here's the link - https://twitter.com/SSTInvesting/status ... 1155900416

Part One:

One of his close associates has been in prison for possession of a fire arm and neither of his businesses explain how he's got enough money to buy a football club.

Part Two:

He's possibly linked to a highly dubious and illegal 'get rich quick' scheme using crypto currencies.

That's the basics.

Johal needs to publicly explain where the cash has come from.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:55 am

Keith wrote:
black morse wrote:

Part One:

One of his close associates has been in prison for possession of a fire arm and neither of his businesses explain how he's got enough money to buy a football club.

Part Two:

He's possibly linked to a highly dubious and illegal 'get rich quick' scheme using crypto currencies.

That's the basics.

Thanks for the explanation Keith. I realise that it can't be too clarified for legal reasons.
black morse

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:57 am

Posh wrote:Join the Shrimps Trust. It was founded for moments like this.

I hope the Trust has been in contact with the EFL, to represent our concerns?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:26 am

I just hope our BoD make the info about Johal's companies available to our current owner(s) but I understand that they have little influence in who the current owner(s) sells our club to.

Like a growing number of other concerned fans I fear for the future of OUR club should this sale go through.

Unfortunately there is very little fans can do about this sale other than to express our concerns both to the BoD and in particular to the current owner(s) who it would appear want to 'get rid' to anyone who can claim to have then money which goes against their original claim about only selling to a suitable person(s).

Let's hope that the EFL are in possession of ALL the facts about financial affairs of the proposed buyer.
redrobo

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:09 pm

redrobo wrote:I just hope our BoD make the info about Johal's companies available to our current owner(s) but I understand that they have little influence in who the current owner(s) sells our club to.

Like a growing number of other concerned fans I fear for the future of OUR club should this sale go through.

Unfortunately there is very little fans can do about this sale other than to express our concerns both to the BoD and in particular to the current owner(s) who it would appear want to 'get rid' to anyone who can claim to have then money which goes against their original claim about only selling to a suitable person(s).

Let's hope that the EFL are in possession of ALL the facts about financial affairs of the proposed buyer.

As you say RR our present owners, I should imagine, just want to get their money and the word 'suitable' to many business men means have they got the money to pay them!
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:13 pm

Keith wrote:
black morse wrote:

Part One:

Part Two:

That's the basics.

I recently helped a client complete his Self Assessment Tax return and he had invested in a Cryptocurrency scheme. For a very small investment he made a profit of around £30,000 which is treated as a capital gain. I discussed it anonymously with a Tax Inspector before submitting the Tax return. It is Legal although it is very risky for anyone thinking of having a punt.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:29 pm

Crawly were bought out by a Crypto company https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-nfts-crawley-english-premier-league-b2077295.html I wonder if this is what Graham meant when he side exciting ideas to move us forward.

P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:30 pm

Keith wrote:
Posh wrote:Join the Shrimps Trust. It was founded for moments like this.

I hope the Trust has been in contact with the EFL, to represent our concerns?

"Given the latest information regarding Mr Johals potential takeover the Shrimps Trust would be very keen talk to either Mr Johal or Mr Whittingham to quell fans fears and assist where they can"
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion