Sarbjot Johal

Re: Sarbjot Johal

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:37 am

I think Freez we have been refused far more stonewall penalties this season than 3. Referees seem unwilling to award us penalties due to their incompetence or worse!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:42 am

He was at the game yesterday.

Chorley fans think they are being taken over by somebody who was interested in buying us.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:00 am

BerlinWaller wrote:He was at the game yesterday.

Chorley fans think they are being taken over by somebody who was interested in buying us.

One of his 'team' dined with our Directors but didn't see Johal...... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:05 pm

Still can't believe how long this is taking :roll:
black morse

Postby redrobo » Mon May 01, 2023 10:50 am

Wonder IF the deal goes through :cry: if any assurances have been given to our current BoD who have done and continue to do a superb job under very difficult circumstances about being retained in their current positions OR will the new owner put his own people in place which should give us all serious concern realizing the type of individuals he has in tow at the moment.... :?: :?: :?:

Very worrying.... :( :( :(
redrobo

Postby twosheds » Mon May 01, 2023 11:23 am

redrobo wrote:Wonder IF the deal goes through :cry: if any assurances have been given to our current BoD who have done and continue to do a superb job under very difficult circumstances about being retained in their current positions OR will the new owner put his own people in place which should give us all serious concern realizing the type of individuals he has in tow at the moment.... :?: :?: :?:

You mean this chap...?

https://www.suffolklive.com/news/suffol ... th-5991596
twosheds

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 01, 2023 12:46 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby captain sparkle » Mon May 01, 2023 1:12 pm

"............ the valuation would be around £20 million............."
:o
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby redrobo » Mon May 01, 2023 4:22 pm

twosheds wrote:
redrobo wrote:Wonder IF the deal goes through :cry: if any assurances have been given to our current BoD who have done and continue to do a superb job under very difficult circumstances about being retained in their current positions OR will the new owner put his own people in place which should give us all serious concern realizing the type of individuals he has in tow at the moment.... :?: :?: :?:

You mean this chap...?

https://www.suffolklive.com/news/suffol ... th-5991596

No he was a thick set guy having lunch who has been before as part of Johal's party. He looks as though he could look after himself and I wouldn't like to get involved with him.

As for the new info about Johal's so called companies surely our BoD have expressed their and the fans reservations to the current owner...but I suspect he just wants rid and couldn't care less who to.... :evil:

Can't understand why it is taking the EFL so long to come to a decision. Don't they appreciate that our club needs to know who is the owner so that we can plan for the close season and next season.... :roll:

We've got players to bring to the club as well as offering DA a new contract but with all that has been going on behind the scenes who could blame DA if he packed his bags and walked away..... :( :( :(
redrobo

Postby black morse » Mon May 01, 2023 4:59 pm

It was on February 17th that the EFL issued a statement about the proposed sale of the club which contained the following paragraphs....

"Whilst some of the information requested several months ago has been received, further details are still required, and the League has invited Mr Johal and his advisers to a meeting later this month to discuss further the proposed transaction.

No approval on any change of control at Morecambe will be made until the proposed purchaser and Club satisfy in full the requirements of the EFL’s Regulations and the appropriate levels of due diligence are completed."

I cannot believe that if the additional information had been forthcoming it would have taken the EFL so long to approve the sale. I could be wrong but my take would be that the full information requested has not been forthcoming and the take over should be rejected.
black morse

Postby CityShrimp » Mon May 01, 2023 5:33 pm

It feels like the problem is that the EFL are leaving the door open indefinitely to Sarbjot to provide satisfactory information and there is no long stop date on this.

Perhaps they need to give an ultimatum to both buyer and seller along the lines of “you have two more weeks to provide satisfactory documents and then we will pass or fail your application and that’ll be that”.

Maybe I’m looking at it too simplistically but the purpose of the EFLs process is to protect the club (and league), and ironically the process itself is threatening to really harm our club because it’s taking so long.
CityShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon May 01, 2023 6:13 pm

black morse wrote:It was on February 17th that the EFL issued a statement about the proposed sale of the club which contained the following paragraphs....

"Whilst some of the information requested several months ago has been received, further details are still required, and the League has invited Mr Johal and his advisers to a meeting later this month to discuss further the proposed transaction.

No approval on any change of control at Morecambe will be made until the proposed purchaser and Club satisfy in full the requirements of the EFL’s Regulations and the appropriate levels of due diligence are completed."

I cannot believe that if the additional information had been forthcoming it would have taken the EFL so long to approve the sale. I could be wrong but my take would be that the full information requested has not been forthcoming and the take over should be rejected.

I have mentioned it already but Niyah Smith told me that everything has been sent off. Maybe the EFL have said no and Mr Johal is contesting it?
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Mon May 01, 2023 7:00 pm

I assume that there has been no further contact between the Shrimps Trust and the EFL? Perhaps it is time there was.
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 01, 2023 7:30 pm

I think I saw a tweet regarding an announcement tomorrow about 2023/24 season tickets.

Hopefully there will also be one announcing that Derek is staying so he can produce a retained list.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby twosheds » Mon May 15, 2023 4:01 pm

I thought it was April 1st for a moment...but this is true... Johal has been nominated in the 2023 Sikh Awards in the Man Of The Year category for his achievement in buying Morecambe Football Club... :o :o
twosheds

Postby black morse » Mon May 15, 2023 4:30 pm

twosheds wrote:I thought it was April 1st for a moment...but this is true... Johal has been nominated in the 2023 Sikh Awards in the Man Of The Year category for his achievement in buying Morecambe Football Club... :o :o

So, has it gone through or have they jumped the gun? Be farcical if that's the way the fans hear about it! :roll:
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon May 15, 2023 4:34 pm

twosheds wrote:I thought it was April 1st for a moment...but this is true... Johal has been nominated in the 2023 Sikh Awards in the Man Of The Year category for his achievement in buying Morecambe Football Club... :o :o

Have you got a link to this Twosheds ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby twosheds » Mon May 15, 2023 4:49 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Have you got a link to this Twosheds ?

Here you go...scroll down to section 29...

https://oceanicconsultingblog.wordpress ... announced/
twosheds

Postby black morse » Mon May 15, 2023 5:07 pm

Maybe it should really have been in section 30.......Entertainer of the year!
black morse

Postby Keith » Mon May 15, 2023 6:16 pm

"Morcambe FC, Sarbjot Singh Johal (Morecambe)"

Spell Morecambe incorrectly, and correctly, in the same announcement?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Mon May 15, 2023 6:23 pm

Saying he's bought something when there is no proof could hopefully come back on him as being a charlatan...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby captain sparkle » Mon May 15, 2023 6:39 pm

Are you sure it's for buying Morecambe F.C.?
Maybe it's just for ploughing money in at a time of crisis? (i.e. keeping us afloat?)

Just thinking, 'cos the bloke after him hasn't bought the RAF......... :? :lol:
Morcambe FC, Sarbjot Singh Johal (Morecambe)

Royal Air Force, Manjeet Ghataora (Hemel Hempstead)
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby twosheds » Mon May 15, 2023 6:52 pm

captain sparkle wrote:

Are you sure it's for buying Morecambe F.C.?
Maybe it's just for ploughing money in at a time of crisis? (i.e. keeping us afloat?)

Just thinking, 'cos the bloke after him hasn't bought the RAF......... :? :lol:
Morcambe FC, Sarbjot Singh Johal (Morecambe)

Royal Air Force, Manjeet Ghataora (Hemel Hempstead)

Martin Calladine mentioned it in his Twitter feed...but yes...ii could be because he's been flashing the cash...

To quote Calladine..."I've contacted the organisers to ask on what basis (and by whom) Johal was nominated for the award. As and when they respond with an explanation, I'll post it here."

https://twitter.com/uglygame
twosheds

Postby redrobo » Tue May 16, 2023 10:37 am

Have the Trust had any communication with the EFL to find out what the current position is... :?: :?: :?:

And would the EFL divulge exactly what is happening to a Trust rather than to a BoD... :?: :?: :?:

Surely the EFL would not allow any takeover discussions to drag on to put the club in a position of being unable to start season 2023/24.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby KenH » Tue May 16, 2023 4:55 pm

redrobo wrote:Surely the EFL would not allow any takeover discussions to drag on to put the club in a position of being unable to start season 2023/24.... :?: :?: :?:

Well they're hardly going to let him pass their "fit and proper" test just because time is marching on, are they? Presumably, they're still waiting for proof of funds and source, or have already refused. No reason for them to drag their feet if Sarbjot has provided them with what they require.

It's all down to Jason. If he wants a quick sale, then he has to seriously consider alternative offers if it looks like the EFL aren't going to grant Sarbjot the "fit and proper" status any time soon.

As the days and weeks pass, the value of the club is reducing and if we don't start putting a team together soon, we'll almost certainly get relegated again as all the decent players will have been snapped up by other teams and we'll be left with "free agents" again that no one else wants.
KenH

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion