Sarbjot Johal

Re: Sarbjot Johal

Postby vvm » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:41 pm

He's allergic to doing interviews so doubt he's gone on talksport.

Occasionally bungs a bit of money to get his name in a paper but we won't see him interviewed anytime soon I don't think.
vvm

Postby twosheds » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:51 pm

Only articles relating to Johal, on Talksport, were published on 5th January and 9th February....
twosheds

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:19 pm

Just what I read on Facecloth….
Attachments
IMG_3038.jpeg
IMG_3038.jpeg (123.81 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Shrimp Girl » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Now on BBC Lancashire news
BBC News - Sarbjot Johal: Wigan Athletic bid is from prospective Morecambe buyer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65819539
Shrimp Girl

Postby Catte » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:58 pm

I fear this guy is managing to screw two Football teams for a little publicity.

Having paid wages at Morecambe for what I think was stated a percentage of the club or shares, then if he does intend to buy Wigan with increased any sales in soft drinks he will need to sell these shares or the board at Morecambe hand back his cash. You cannot have investment in two clubs at the same time.

Wigan's current owners appear to have paid the stadium staff and not the players, so if he does not step in and pay then two weeks after late payment the players can start to force the contract issues. We have seen at Morecambe this chap has failed to produce the required evidence to pass the Fit and Proper, why because of the publicity.

It is possible that him dicking about will lead to two clubs having points deducted in the same month.
This is a terrible situation hopefully somebody comes forwards and takes on Morecambe.
Catte

Postby twosheds » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:03 am

Journalism at it's best...when there's no story to tell...just regurgitate old news...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/ ... l-takeover
twosheds

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:40 pm

I saw somewhere that there are 3 other potential buyers for Wigan so where does that leave Sarbjot ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:46 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:I saw somewhere that there are 3 other potential buyers for Wigan so where does that leave Sarbjot ?

So long as it's not with us I don't really care!
black morse

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:08 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:I saw somewhere that there are 3 other potential buyers for Wigan so where does that leave Sarbjot ?
is say 4th on the list of prospective buyers! :)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Keith » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:57 am

Now we see what Bond Group do next? Accept a realistic bid from elsewhere (if one exists) and go away? Surely they must now see Johal's approach as being a waste of time and unrealistic?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:12 am

Keith wrote:Now we see what Bond Group do next? Accept a realistic bid from elsewhere (if one exists) and go away? Surely they must now see Johal's approach as being a waste of time and unrealistic?

I think we can forget Johal and I can only see the Bond Group now excepting any realistic bid (but they would have to agree with what 'realistic' is). According to the Board's information there are interested parties but does that equate to bids?????? All parties must realise that things are getting urgent and must be moved on.
black morse

Postby black morse » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:47 am

twosheds wrote:Journalism at it's best...when there's no story to tell...just regurgitate old news...

It may be old news but perhaps there's a bit of new news there as well? You never know, Tyson has said how he loves living in Morecambe and he's got some connections with the club already so why couldn't he save the town's sinking ship? I'm sure we could put a statue of him next to Eric!
black morse

Postby twosheds » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:58 pm

black morse wrote:
twosheds wrote:Journalism at it's best...when there's no story to tell...just regurgitate old news...

It may be old news but perhaps there's a bit of new news there as well? You never know, Tyson has said how he loves living in Morecambe and he's got some connections with the club already so why couldn't he save the town's sinking ship? I'm sure we could put a statue of him next to Eric!

Te last I read was that he was currently renovating a farmhouse down Greater Manchester/Cheshire way...he wants to be nearer to the rest of the family. He wanted to demolish the buildings but bat's were found roosting in the eaves of the farmhouse..

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/ ... atest-news
twosheds

Postby black morse » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:09 pm

twosheds wrote:
black morse wrote:

Te last I read was that he was currently renovating a farmhouse down Greater Manchester/Cheshire way...he wants to be nearer to the rest of the family. He wanted to demolish the buildings but bat's were found roosting in the eaves of the farmhouse..

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/ ... atest-news

I wonder who had the balls to tell him :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby twosheds » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Johal has just posted on his Instagram account...the first in a long while...looking like he's in Istanbul at the Champions League Final...
twosheds

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:20 pm

Probably planning to buy the winners
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby glagys » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:27 am

Surly the EFL must have made a decision by now ??

It would seem he will fail as he still hasn’t provided proof that he can support the club with finances
glagys

Postby black morse » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:32 am

glagys wrote:Surly the EFL must have made a decision by now ??

It would seem he will fail as he still hasn’t provided proof that he can support the club with finances

I think we can forget about him :D
black morse

Postby twosheds » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:19 pm

Ah well...Johal has missed his chance to buy Wigan...that's assuming he was actually interested in the first place...

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/footba ... re-4182934
twosheds

Postby Keith » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:31 pm

twosheds wrote:Ah well...Johal has missed his chance to buy Wigan...that's assuming he was actually interested in the first place...

That can't be true. As we all know, it takes at least eight months to pass the EFL's 'fit & proper persons' test! :roll: :roll: :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby jbc.shrimp » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:19 pm

Keith wrote:
twosheds wrote:Ah well...Johal has missed his chance to buy Wigan...that's assuming he was actually interested in the first place...

That can't be true. As we all know, it takes at least eight months to pass the EFL's 'fit & proper persons' test! :roll: :roll: :roll:

The item also mentions the EFL strict time constraints on the take over. Yet when it has come to the Shrimps the EFL claim there is no maximum time to sort any ownership take over.
jbc.shrimp

Postby glagys » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:58 am

The item also mentions the EFL strict time constraints on the take over. Yet when it has come to the Shrimps the EFL claim there is no maximum time to sort any ownership take over.

It doesn’t say EFL time constraints, it says “ EFL worked under time constraints “

Which I assume may have been set by the HMRC with their winding up petition
Just my take on the statement
glagys

Postby jbc.shrimp » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:39 am

Keith wrote:

Keith, Mr Danson could have passed the test months ago and been negotiating the deal all this time. But the worry being that still leaves Johal to mess about with our great club.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:44 am

jbc.shrimp wrote:Keith, Mr Danson could have passed the test months ago and been negotiating the deal all this time. But the worry being that still leaves Johal to mess about with our great club.

I don't think that's the case. I think it is more likely that the EFL, knowing a winding up order was in place, and with the new owner actually cooperating with them, were able to satisfy the test within a day or two.

Basically, I very much doubt that the EFL have ever been the delay in our farce.

Has anyone pointed out to Johal that Manchester United are looking for new owners? He could go and pretend to buy them next, and leave us to look for a genuine option?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:04 pm

Don't tempt fate Keith, having seemingly not passed the efl test is there a test for premier league?

This guy could go the distance, is he Siekh of the year yet?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion