Sarbjot Johal

Re: Sarbjot Johal

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:08 pm

Somebody needs to come along and given this bid 'a knockout blow'..... ;) ;) ;)
redrobo

Postby captain sparkle » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:26 pm

Last edited by captain sparkle on Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Shrimp Girl » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:28 pm

Who is behind SST Trading, the twtter account producing all this information? They have spent a lot of time compiling and tweeting; there must be something in it for them. I'm not saying they are wrong and Sarb Capital are right - the takeover situation is certainly worrying - but scrolling back through SST's tweets reveal retweets of anti vax content and suggestions of misogyny and homophobia in their language. I'm not sure this one's on the side of the angels either. Why is this 'catalyst trader' suddenly so interested in Morecambe FC?
Shrimp Girl

Postby captain sparkle » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:45 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:Who is behind SST Trading, the twtter account producing all this information? They have spent a lot of time compiling and tweeting; there must be something in it for them. I'm not saying they are wrong and Sarb Capital are right - the takeover situation is certainly worrying - but scrolling back through SST's tweets reveal retweets of anti vax content and suggestions of misogyny and homophobia in their language. I'm not sure this one's on the side of the angels either. Why is this 'catalyst trader' suddenly so interested in Morecambe FC?

Well, he doesn't appear to be what you may call....ermm...Woke?!

Maybe he just doesn't like him?
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
captain sparkle

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:08 pm

Potentially someone connected to Sarbjot who's been frozen out?

I think really if you are a 20-year-old claiming to be a tycoon you need to have some real credibility behind you. For me the only plausible way some one that age will have millions to invest in a football club would be if they are from a very wealthy family. Sarbjot of course claims to be 'self made'.

If by some miracle he'd been making millions since his teenage days, then he'd have companies with accounts to back it up. Even if this is the case I'd still be concerned by his general lack of experience.

The big question of whoever takes over though is what are you looking to get out of it? At best MFC is a break-even business, so I'd question anyone not well connected to the club or town - unless they are so wealthy, it could only be seen as a play thing.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Mr Grumpy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:12 pm

Just some comments re: crypto.

The whole blockchain space is fairly toxic and there's a lot of jealousy knocking about. It is conceivable that the owner of SST trading just dislikes Sarbjot and therefore has an ulterior motive.

In regards to Sarbjot's business and what is seemingly a centralised crypto exchange, it'd be very easy to trace his funds and origins of them.

As much as people believe crypto is only used criminals, on the contrary, many more criminals use cash... It is the filthiest form of payment on the planet by a very long way.

Every single crypto transaction is traceable via the relevant blockchain scanning websites.
Mr Grumpy

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:47 pm

I have been in touch with SST Trading since the takeover broke and his info has been spot on and his 2 threads might have saved this club a whole world of trouble.
BerlinWaller

Postby red shrimp » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:56 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I have been in touch with SST Trading since the takeover broke and his info has been spot on and his 2 threads might have saved this club a whole world of trouble.

SST really isn't the one we should be worried about in all of this!

He deserves a medal for all the investigating and info he has brought to light. We should be thanking him/her.
red shrimp

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:27 pm

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/spo ... ny-4016285

For once let's hope the media can come up with some answers.
redrobo

Postby Hodgie1978 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:56 pm

Shrimps Trust Statement: Following full committee discussions this evening, the Trust would like to make the following statement regarding the proposed takeover of Morecambe FC.
Attachments
image_2023-02-06_201616073.png
image_2023-02-06_201616073.png (73.12 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Hodgie1978

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:37 am

If our current owners are not allowed to be directors of the club, and Johal, having already bought shares, fails the EFL 'fit & proper person' test, then what? Could we have three key share holders, none of whom can be a director of the club? Can Johal purchase the majority of shares, regardless of what the EFL may say?

Is someone writing a book?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:05 am

All the pantomime of the last 6 or 7 years goes back to PMG not doing due diligence on Diego. Ever since then the majority shareholding has been in the wrong hands.

The Trust can make representations and requests but at the end of the day the only people who can decide who owns the club are Colin and Jason. Let us hope that the current bid by Sarbjot Johal is thrown out by the EFL and maybe more suitable local people who actually support MFC can put an offer in that is accepted.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:05 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:All the pantomime of the last 6 or 7 years goes back to PMG not doing due diligence on Diego. Ever since then the majority shareholding has been in the wrong hands.

The Trust can make representations and requests but at the end of the day the only people who can decide who owns the club are Colin and Jason. Let us hope that the current bid by Sarbjot Johal is thrown out by the EFL and maybe more suitable local people who actually support MFC can put an offer in that is accepted.

Do you not think if there was such people they would have tossed their hat into the ring by now ?
Born again Bill

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:17 am

Born again Bill wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:All the pantomime of the last 6 or 7 years goes back to PMG not doing due diligence on Diego. Ever since then the majority shareholding has been in the wrong hands.

Do you not think if there was such people they would have tossed their hat into the ring by now ?

Assuming the EFL do their job and decide who is fit and proper and who is not fit and proper , then the ones like Sarbjot Johal will be sidelined and the price that the 2 owners are asking will come down. Maybe then a local consortium will make a move that has to be accepted as it is the only way Colin and Jason will recoup anything.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:31 am

Born again Bill wrote:

I think the issue is the asking price and perhaps who would have overall control.

I remember once trying to sell a car once. It was probably overpriced and no one was interested. I then got an email saying they wanted to pay the asking price, would pay for shipping abroad and someone could collect tomorrow. It was obviously a scam but this has similar echoes.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby redrobo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:02 pm

I want to believe that there is interest from a local consortium made up of ex Directors and local business people who are playing a waiting game very much mindful of the questions being genuinely asked about the credibility of the current offer.

At some stage the current owner(s) are going to have to accept that their asking price is simply too high and that they will have to lower considerably their asking price which I hope is when a local consortium steps in.......wishful thinking :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:18 pm

JUST been tweeted by @SSTInvesting :

Update: Sarblimited.com has been taken offline, strengthening substantiated suspicions that @MorecambeFC’s prospective owner and 20 year-old ‘tycoon’ @sarbjohal_ was complicit in the operation of a crypto-based Ponzi-scheme website
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:33 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:JUST been tweeted by @SSTInvesting :

Update: Sarblimited.com has been taken offline, strengthening substantiated suspicions that @MorecambeFC’s prospective owner and 20 year-old ‘tycoon’ @sarbjohal_ was complicit in the operation of a crypto-based Ponzi-scheme website

Hope *someone* has screenshots!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby twosheds » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:41 pm

It'll be interesting to see if buggerlugs and his entourage attend this weekend's home game...
twosheds

Postby captain sparkle » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:08 pm

Keith wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:JUST been tweeted by @SSTInvesting :

Hope *someone* has screenshots!

There's this, thanks to the "wayback machine" & @Gardi115 on Twitter -
https://web.archive.org/web/20230206080 ... mited.com/
captain sparkle

Postby twosheds » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:36 pm

According to BBC Lancashire Johal is only just submitting his paperwork to the EFL...
twosheds

Postby Brucie Arnee » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:00 am

If the guy is as wealthy as he’s making out seems to have taken a very long time for this deal to go through.
Brucie Arnee

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:21 am

Brucie Arnee wrote:If the guy is as wealthy as he’s making out seems to have taken a very long time for this deal to go through.

To be fair, if I was wealthy enough to be paying multi-millions for a football club, I'd be taking my time too. I'd be far more concerned if it went rushing through.

I'm more concerned that Johal is not being transparent about his wealth and making no attempt, whatsoever, to engage with fans. In fact, he's avoiding any scrutiny. If the EFL approve this deal, I really hope they've actually looked in to it properly, rather than their previous form, where they just let any chancer buy a club.

The one positive that we always have, is that no matter who owns the club, 'we', the community, own the land, so it only has any value as a football club.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:33 am

I'm confused were we not told ages ago that it was already with the EFL, I'm wondering if he is now submitting an appeal.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:36 am

twosheds wrote:According to BBC Lancashire Johal is only just submitting his paperwork to the EFL...

Could be that he's having to put finance in place to ensure he gets EFL approval BUT question must be WHERE is that finance coming from as I doubt he's personally got the necessary money to purchase and fund OUR club at the moment.

I've made my views as others about the entire deal....basically IT STINKS and I hope the EFL kick it out because if it goes through then for me it's the beginning of the end of OUR club.....and we could end up like so many others ie Bury.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/spo ... er-4018443

Will be interesting to hear from him and see if he's prepared to answer some searching and important questions from the media about his ability to fund a takeover and to ensure the stability of OUR club long term .... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion