Sarbjot Johal

Re: Sarbjot Johal

Postby black morse » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:47 am

What's needed now is for this to get into the national news in order to put pressure on the EFL to do the job properly.
black morse

Postby KenH » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:08 pm

I wonder if his plan is to relocate the club to somewhere completely different, i.e. just buying the L1 status, and moving it to a more populated area to increase crowds/revenue, etc.
KenH

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:03 pm

KenH wrote:I wonder if his plan is to relocate the club to somewhere completely different, i.e. just buying the L1 status, and moving it to a more populated area to increase crowds/revenue, etc.

I did wonder whether that was the plan originally with Worcester Warriors and our current owners, but I suspect that the club not owning the land would make it incredibly difficult to do that, and still make money. If the club owned the land, moving it, then building a housing estate, could be very profitable. Or, run it in to the ground, let it go under, then build on the land. But the only way Morecambe FC has any value, is as a football club, and its value is only diminished if we are relegated, and is basically zero if the club goes under.

If I had the means to buy the club, I'd be waiting to see if we survive in League One before making any kind of a bid. Relegation to League Two would take a huge amount off the value.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:25 pm

Keith wrote:
KenH wrote:I wonder if his plan is to relocate the club to somewhere completely different, i.e. just buying the L1 status, and moving it to a more populated area to increase crowds/revenue, etc.

I did wonder whether that was the plan originally with Worcester Warriors and our current owners, but I suspect that the club not owning the land would make it incredibly difficult to do that, and still make money. If the club owned the land, moving it, then building a housing estate, could be very profitable. Or, run it in to the ground, let it go under, then build on the land. But the only way Morecambe FC has any value, is as a football club, and its value is only diminished if we are relegated, and is basically zero if the club goes under.

If I had the means to buy the club, I'd be waiting to see if we survive in League One before making any kind of a bid. Relegation to League Two would take a huge amount off the value.

Well let's hope relocating isn't what he has on his mind.

I can't remember how Pete Winkleman got his hands on Wimbledon and be able to transfer the club to Milton Keynes. Did he buy a majority shareholding in them ? He didn't profit from the Land on Plough Lane so that wasn't a motive for him.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby twosheds » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:04 pm

I didn't see our prospective owners up in the posh seats this afternoon...just coincidence or...
twosheds

Postby Mr Grumpy » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:41 pm

Sarbjot is 100% not buying the football club and to be fair, who would blame him for pulling out?

Seems to me fans are more happy with [edit... ...really?] 1 & 2 in charge than anyone else.

Si(n)gh.
Mr Grumpy

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:50 pm

If his no show was an indication that Johal has pulled the plug on any deal.....then excellent. I just hope that he and his cronies never show their faces at OUR club again.

Maybe the current owner will now have to revue his options and take what he can for OUR club which hopefully will encourage a buy out by a group of fans who collectively could have the finances to mount a serious bid.....for me that would be the perfect solution.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:20 pm

My understanding of the Lemos buy out was that he managed to take ownership of the club with a minimal down-payment. Have the EFL rules changed since then or could a similar scenario happen again?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Hodgie1978 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:42 am

Why hasn't Mr Grumpy been banned?
We know what he said
Hodgie1978

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:45 am

Hodgie1978 wrote:Why hasn't Mr Grumpy been banned?
We know what he said

He's on very thin ice.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby red shrimp » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:05 pm

Mr Grumpy wrote:Sarbjot is 100% not buying the football club and to be fair, who would blame him for pulling out?

Seems to me fans are more happy with [edit... ...really?] 1 & 2 in charge than anyone else.

Si(n)gh.

Good, we don’t want him or his mates anywhere near the club with their dodgy crypto nonsense.
red shrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:55 pm

Mr Grumpy wrote:Sarbjot is 100% not buying the football club and to be fair, who would blame him for pulling out?

Si(n)gh.

If as you seem to be so sure S.J. is no longer interested in owning our club, what happens to the finance he has already put in ? Just curious.
jbc.shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:11 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:
If as you seem to be so sure S.J. is no longer interested in owning our club, what happens to the finance he has already put in ? Just curious.

Was discussing the same question yesterday, you wouldn't hand over £100 - £100K to a business or person you are not employed by or otherwise, without some sort of agreement that you have your finger in the pie, this is how Diego got his foot in the door...

Was the money paid to the Club or the owners? Hopefully the Trust will get some answers this week, rather than get baffled with bu!!sh!t
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:06 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
jbc.shrimp wrote:

Was discussing the same question yesterday, you wouldn't hand over £100 - £100K to a business or person you are not employed by or otherwise, without some sort of agreement that you have your finger in the pie, this is how Diego got his foot in the door...

Was the money paid to the Club or the owners? Hopefully the Trust will get some answers this week, rather than get baffled with bu!!sh!t

Graham says that Johal purchased equity in the club and that it injected "useful income" which suggests it wasn't paid to Colin and Jason otherwise I don't think the club would have received this useful income.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2023/f ... -chairman/
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:22 pm

Surely his investment just makes him a minority shareholder?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:29 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Surely his investment just makes him a minority shareholder?

Yes , and therefore his shares are pretty worthless like all the other minority shareholders.

Graham seems to think that Johal is a viable potential owner and he will have more knowledge about Johal's financial position than most of the barrack room lawyers on Facebook.

Interesting times ahead :o :o :shock:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:14 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Surely his investment just makes him a minority shareholder?

Yes , and therefore his shares are pretty worthless like all the other minority shareholders.
:

Not great business sense from a tycoon who is planning on being a billionaire in 2 years time
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:20 am

https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... tyson-fury

No new info, but an interesting read, that goes beyond the Daily Fail's vanity piece. We won the Northern Premier League don't you know?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:11 am

Not at the game this weekend as far as I could tell - failing to attend a planned meeting with representatives from Shrimps Trust.

Personally - I think he has got what he wanted out of this fiasco/media circus - so hopefully now that there are very serious questions surrounding his creditability, and the company he keeps, the EFL can reject his suitability as an owner of a Football Club and everybody can move on.

Given he/his family has injected money into the club via the purchase of a non-controlling stake, the club have at least been compensated for their part in this clear self-promotion.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:35 am

[quote="RedRedWine"]Not at the game this weekend as far as I could tell - failing to attend a planned meeting with representatives from Shrimps Trust.

Personally - I think he has got what he wanted out of this fiasco/media circus - so hopefully now that there are very serious questions surrounding his creditability, and the company he keeps, the EFL can reject his suitability as an owner of a Football Club and everybody can move on.

Given he/his family has injected money into the club via the purchase of a non-controlling stake, the club have at least been compensated for their part in this clear self-promotion.[/quote]

He's also had a few free seats for him and his cronies!
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:30 am

RedRedWine wrote:Not at the game this weekend as far as I could tell - failing to attend a planned meeting with representatives from Shrimps Trust.

Given he/his family has injected money into the club via the purchase of a non-controlling stake, the club have at least been compensated for their part in this clear self-promotion.

Shambolic - again!!
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:43 am

black morse wrote:
He's also had a few free seats for him and his cronies!

I'm less bothered about that - as that sort of thing has been going on for years anyway in the posh seats!

However, if the money Sarbjot injected via share issue has enabled the club to be active in the January market - then that more than compensates us for the cost of a few, non-alcoholic, sherbets.... even if it has been embarrassing watching him and his convict mates twatting around all over social media in club tracksuits.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:57 am

:lol:
marky No.1

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:02 pm

We actually finished 2nd in the Northern Premier League when we went up

Marine won the league but ground wasn't suitable for the next level so we took their place

Press can't even get that right
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:48 am

twosheds wrote:I didn't see our prospective owners up in the posh seats this afternoon...just coincidence or...

They were at the Mazuma yesterday afternoon (Monday). Their car was in the home directors spaces.
Gone_Shrimping

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion