Reasons to be cheerful.

Reasons to be cheerful.

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:55 pm

After a grim day at the office yesterday I am trying to remain upbeat and I'm feeling a lot better today than I did yesterday evening.

Went down to the front yesterday to take a closer look at the pitch. It really is like a carpet and a great credit to the new groundsman. Never looked better.

We have DA as manager. OK he's not everyone's cup of tea but what he's done for this club in the short time he's been here is nothing short of incredible. Operating with one hand tied behind his back he's taken us from EFL 2 relegation favourites to promotion and then returned to keep us up when we looked doomed.

Looking from the outside in and everything we hear the club appear to be run within tight financial constraints i.e. we aren't spending money we haven't got. It is a slog at the moment but to me the club still appears to be on an upward curve.

The next home league game is against the Rams a club who have been around the top level of English Football for generations with a great deal of success. In the not too distant past we could have only of dreamt of this and there will no doubt be a packed Mazuma for this one.

Reasons to be sad.

Not many really in the grand scheme of things. The groundsman will be head hunted if he keeps up this level of performance! The trouble with a carpet is the better teams can ping the ball around and it helps them play their stylish football. I always thought the rough pudding of a Mazuma pitch in recent winters brought the better teams down to our level. Derek might have to have a word with him at some point to rough it up a bit 8-)

The Stockton saga is depressing now. Will Cole fall in love with us again and rise up like a Messiah to save our season, or is he off to pastures new? Guess we'll find out shortly.

Derby will probably do another MK Dons on us. Hey ho that's life and I'm going to try and enjoy the experience whatever the result.

Keep the faith. UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Return to General Discussion