Greg Leigh

Greg Leigh

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:27 pm

I know he's been mentioned in passing in the 'ex-Shrimps' thread, but he's worthy of his own thread...

I'm sorry to see him go. He was one of our better players last season and, by all accounts, a nice bloke too. I don't know whether he was determined to leave, made it clear, and that's why he wasn't offered a contract, or, if Derek doesn't see him as the right type of player for the system that we will be playing next season, as he's too attack minded, so never wanted to keep him?

Who knows? Definitely not us!

What I do know is, when he returns with the Tractor-Boys next season, he'll be warmly welcomed. I'm glad he's going to a decent League One side and not north of the border! :roll: Apart from two games, I hope he has a really good move down south.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... back-leigh
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Greg Leigh

Postby black morse » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Agree with this Keith. I saw him at the Oxford away game and he impressed me and a friend I was with with his attacking runs, one of the best players on the field.

Good luck Greg.
black morse

Postby Andy D » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:00 pm

i remember DA in his first game back at home and DA screaming(twice) at Greg Leigh telling him to calm down, and thought his days could be numbered.

DA likes no nonsense defender first and foremost like Gibbo.
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:42 pm

I have said it before on here but I think Leigh should have done more. I'm not sure of his numbers but a player with his attributes should have scored and assisted more than he did. It is a cracking move for him though and I hope he does well.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:53 pm

Agree with BW. He could only take his man on on the outside and rarely broke inside which full backs against him quickly sussed out.However still liked him and wish him well excerpt for a couple of games.
redrobo

Return to General Discussion