Cole Stockton transfer value

Cole Stockton transfer value

Postby redrobo » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:00 pm

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/updat ... c-striker/

It appears that we have but a figure on any transfer for Cole of £500,000.... :)
redrobo

Re: Cole Stockton transfer value

Postby sandgrown » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:08 pm

redrobo wrote:https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/update-emerges-on-boltons-transfer-interest-in-prolific-striker/

It appears that we have but a figure on any transfer for Cole of £500,000.... :)

we gave Sam away at 250K, so nothing less than 1M would be crazy

as we now stand Cole is priceless to our club, without him relegation is nailed on, and back to small gates.
sandgrown

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:20 pm

Same price as Carlos and I would say Cole is for more important to us.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:32 pm

Just proves how far we have come as a club when we value players at 500k
Redalert1970

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:54 pm

Cole I feel is having a once in a career season, he was good last year but to then out do that in a division above is beyond a joke in a footballers life.

If Cole can do it for a third year (hopefully in L1) or even come close I think a minimum of £1m is on the cards. I think a lot of reluctancy will be around to see how consistent he can be. True greats stand out across a period of time ... He's never blown anything away anywhere else he's been. For someone to come in and pay £500K now won't happen so I think we are safe there for January. If he carries it on to the summer, especially in a 'struggling' team then I think more clubs will sniff more seriously and possibly even a championship team who may loose their front man to a bigger club too.

Our board need to show some grit and not drop the price, however, if we go down (I don't think we will) so will the crowds sadly and the cash will be needed as we all know.

Anyway, if he does we will just bring Wayne Curtis out of retirement. Loved that bloke when he wasn't on the wing!!
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby Andy D » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:05 pm

whats L1 survival worth? and probably being self sufficient for the first time where Board members and owners don't have to Bank Roll us every season?
Andy D

Postby Angler1 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:38 pm

I really hope this doesn't happen. I think £500,000 is nowhere near his value. Sell Cole and we will definitely be relegated..
Angler1

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:03 pm

I think selling Sam Lavelle has brought us to the brink of relegation. Selling Cole now would be madness. Think he should be told if he stays until the end of the season we will let him go in the summer to continue his career at a higher level.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:17 pm

Relapsed_Shrimp wrote:Cole I feel is having a once in a career season, he was good last year but to then out do that in a division above is beyond a joke in a footballers life.

If Cole can do it for a third year (hopefully in L1) or even come close I think a minimum of £1m is on the cards. I think a lot of reluctancy will be around to see how consistent he can be. True greats stand out across a period of time ... He's never blown anything away anywhere else he's been. For someone to come in and pay £500K now won't happen so I think we are safe there for January. If he carries it on to the summer, especially in a 'struggling' team then I think more clubs will sniff more seriously and possibly even a championship team who may loose their front man to a bigger club too.

Our board need to show some grit and not drop the price, however, if we go down (I don't think we will) so will the crowds sadly and the cash will be needed as we all know.

Anyway, if he does we will just bring Wayne Curtis out of retirement. Loved that bloke when he wasn't on the wing!!
I think i read somewhere recently that Cole was the top score in Europe the last calendar year? :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:28 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Just proves how far we have come as a club when we value players at 500k

Just proves how far we have come as a club when we can laugh at any club who would offer circa 500k for a player with the goal scoring and all round ability of Cole. The last two seasons he has been dynamite and has now matured into a player that many clubs will covet. Unless an offer comes in which we can't refuse then keep him till at least the season end. Even offer him an extended contract on better terms if we can afford to.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:46 pm

Totally agree Phoenix

With the money from the Spurs game we won’t be in any rush to sell Cole

Also does Cole actually want to leave he seems to love Morecambe Fc
Redalert1970

Postby AppleShrimp » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:54 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I think selling Sam Lavelle has brought us to the brink of relegation. Selling Cole now would be madness. Think he should be told if he stays until the end of the season we will let him go in the summer to continue his career at a higher level.

Hi, just to clarify again re Sam. We wanted him to stay. We offered him an improved, long term contract which he wouldn’t sign. He wanted to move. He wanted to go to Charlton. Sadly it was delayed until the end of the previous window. We all hope Sam will return one day but he wanted away at the time and had an expiring contract so we were put in an untenable position so had to sell. We got a much better and agreeable fee than quoted with milestones and sell on clause.

Re Cole, he’s an absolute legend and we need him in the team to help us succeed. As far as I am aware he’s very happy at MFC and we would always seek to keep him for as long as possible.

Hope this helps.

CA
AppleShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:22 pm

Cheers Charlie, always nice to read facts rather than speculation
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:48 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Cheers Charlie, always nice to read facts rather than speculation
Never let the facts get in the way of a good storyline! :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 am

Surely Appleshrimp Sam was under contract to us until the end of this season? Certainly we would have lost any transfer fee if we had kept him but I dont think we would be in as much trouble as we are if he stayed. At the time I said the fee we received for him was small if it cost us our League 1 place. Obviously it will be argued that there is no point in keeping a player who wants to leave but I am confident Sam would have given his all for us until his contract expired. I do realise the club offered him improved terms to stay but he declined these.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby AppleShrimp » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:32 pm

Sam wanted to leave. We got a good deal which would have been zero in the summer. When players want to leave it’s very difficult to keep them for all sorts of reasons as I’m sure you appreciate. The decision was taken by the management and BoD. We’d have loved to see Sam sign a new contract, but he didn’t. I appreciate your point of view.
AppleShrimp

Postby vvm » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:08 pm

No point in forcing a player to stay if they don't want to. Was it 200k we got? It would be good to see some of that reinvested this month to bolster our push for survival.
vvm

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:00 pm

Talking of players transfer values, Fleetwood's defender James Hill could be on his way to Bournemouth for a fee in the region of £1million plus....not bad for a 19 year old central defender currently sidelined due to injury.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/fo ... ry-6443476

Still think we valued Sam too cheaply despite his apparent wish to sign for Charlton according to C which both his mother and his agent father dispute in a conversation I and others had at the recent home game v Charlton.

However we could get a cash windfall IF he moves on at a later date.... :)
Last edited by redrobo on Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:16 pm

redrobo wrote:Talking of players transfer values, Fleetwood's defender James Hill could be on his way to Bournemouth for a fee in the region of £1million plus....not bad for a 19 year old central defender currently sidelined due to injury.

Still think we valued Sam too cheaply despite his apparent wish to sign for Charlton according to C which both his mother and his agent father dispute in a conversation I and others had at the recent home game v Charlton.

However we could get a cash windfall IF he moves on at a later date.... :)

You can take all the vague hints from conversations with family etc you want, but at the end of the day if Sam really wanted to stay, then he should have signed the contract.

He didn't. That's it. If he's regretting leaving, then that's kind of on him for not signing the contract.

However, big move with what I imagine involves a very good wage, former Premier League club that will probably get promoted in the next couple of seasons, central London etc. I love the club but as someone roughly the same age as him, I'd snap your hand off for that.

Was starting every game before injury as well, and had notched a couple of goals.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:56 pm

No question, Sam wanted to leave to test himself at a higher level....but the fact remains that he didn't want to go to Charlton but had no other option once the club had agreed a fee. I can only post what was said to myself and others about his transfer by both of his parents.... :!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:21 pm

Sam wanted to go and Charlie has explained the clubs position, can't believe people are still grumbling on about it
BerlinWaller

Postby SEASIDECLARET » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:33 pm

I find it very hard to believe that parents(and his football “agent”) would be disclosing fairly confidential matters to supporters in the bar, and also to suggest that because Morecambe had agreed a fee he had to go. One assumes that we held him down and forced his hand into signing about 12 documents! No sorry Redrobo, if he didn’t want to go he wouldn’t have signed the forms!
SEASIDECLARET

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:51 pm

AppleShrimp wrote:Hi, just to clarify again re Sam. We wanted him to stay. We offered him an improved, long term contract which he wouldn’t sign. He wanted to move...
CA

I suspect this isn't the last time! :lol:

Also worth consideration by those who feel Sam would have kept us mid-table or better, he's only played nine games for Charlton. If he'd picked up that same injury while with us, we'd have got zero cash and he'd still be watching from the stands as we struggled in defence.

I do think £500k is far too little for Cole though. Barring injury, he's still worth that in the summer, with another 12 months left on his contract and we've got a far better chance of surviving in League One. The value to the club in cash must surely be off-set against the value of survival, and we'd only 'lose' the difference in transfer fee now compared to July, which is unlikely to be that significant. If he continues in this form, he's probably going to be worth even more.

I'd prefer it if we heard the club make a clear 'not for sale, come back in the summer' statement. And if we do keep him, watch one of this season's relegated Championship sides come in with a big transfer fee for a proven League One striker as they try to bounce straight back up.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:01 pm

Whoever has put a value of £500K on Cole needs to take a look at some of the transfer fees paid by clubs for a striker with a similar record of scoring goals of late.

A fee of circa £1million is far more realistic in todays market....anything less is literally giving the player away.

We don't need the cash at the moment so why don't we make it clear that Cole is NOT for Sale at such a bargain price. Every player has a price but £500K for a proven goalscorer is (in my opinion) far less than his true value.
redrobo

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:21 pm

redrobo wrote:Whoever has put a value of £500K on Cole needs to take a look at some of the transfer fees paid by clubs for a striker with a similar record of scoring goals of late.

A fee of circa £1million is far more realistic in todays market....anything less is literally giving the player away.

We don't need the cash at the moment so why don't we make it clear that Cole is NOT for Sale at such a bargain price. Every player has a price but £500K for a proven goalscorer is (in my opinion) far less than his true value.

Different player of course but Accy apparently got £342k for Dion Charles. Does anyone know if he was out of contract in the summer or not? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dion-ch ... ler/284320

I am sure I read they were quoting 7 figures at one point in December too!

.. Since found this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59400077 So if he was out of contact in the summer then that seems a fair price and Cole's (using this as a marker) should surely be higher!
Pandashrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion