Bradford Linked with Adams

Re: Bradford Linked with Adams

Postby black morse » Wed May 19, 2021 6:49 am

I still can't see how all this uncertainty is supposed to be a help to Team preparations. :?

Unless Derek has given the team the nod that if they win the play offs he will stay.
black morse

Postby Angler1 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:57 am

1 to 4 odds on skybet on Derek leaving is basically nailed on . Im surprised nothing from Derek himself which also points towards him leaving. Just my opinion...
Angler1

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:22 am

The Scot is being strongly linked with the vacant Valley Parade hot-seat – while Shrimps players Carlos Mendes Gomes, Cole Stockton and Sam Lavelle have all been tipped to move on.

Adams insists the talk is not a distraction.

Adams, who still has another year on his Morecambe contract, told The Visitor: “I think it’s hugely beneficial to the football club when you’re going into a big game and there’s speculation over our players.

“That shows you how well we have done this year. It’s something the football club will want to have, players being linked with other clubs.”
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Wed May 19, 2021 11:29 am

I know this has been said somewhere before but if he does leave for Bradford, that essentially says that DA may not believe the, not little old Morecambe, himself. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on but to Bradford? I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to go to a higher level club.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Wed May 19, 2021 11:41 am

What if DA believes we should get rid of little old Morecambe but he doesn't feel like everyone else does?

Maybe Bradford have given him guarantees about budget etc for next year
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Wed May 19, 2021 11:46 am

Very good point. There was an interesting remark after the Bradford game where he said the board will be worried because they will need to find money for signings or something similar to this anyway.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:29 pm

It was stated some weeks ago we had our L1 and L2 budgets finalised, maybe should have added a zero
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed May 19, 2021 1:22 pm

Not impossible that Bradford are after one of the other play-off managers , Flynn at Newport. Didn't he play some of his career in Yorkshire ?

What we are suffering from is over-achieving which is a nice problem. As long as Morecambe were finishing 22nd , 21st etc in the table nobody was going to "head hunt" our manager. Now we are 4th (how much must we wish the Southend home game and Bolton home game could be played again !) other clubs are looking to poach our manager and will continue to try even if Bradford are rebuffed.

I would think that our board will already be identifying candidates and I hope that they go for someone that is not on the merry go round of sacked managers. My punt would be the Chorley manager Jamie Vermiligo who looks impressive.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Ntini » Wed May 19, 2021 2:31 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:
Redalert1970 wrote:Andres Gomez signs 1st pro contract today

News on the Morecambe website

Only Andres and Graham Howse on the pic

Normally the manager would be there too

Hopefully Derek is just busy training with the team?

I'd like to think even if he has his heart set on Bradford, he wouldn't sign anything until after the play-offs are done. I'm sure Bradford would wait for him if he was interested.

Pretty sure it's only the manager when a player initially signs, but then usually one of the Chairmen when a player signs an extension.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Zippy » Wed May 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Can't see that DA a man of integrity is going to up sticks and move on without complying with his contractual obligations, and therefore I'm pretty sure the Board would be aware and taking steps to mitigate the effects if his move is in process. I can't imagine anyone in the club sought this outcome , but SHOULD it come to pass, its a setback and not a reverse. The current Board seem very able and grounded, confident they will deal with it and manage the consequences .
Zippy

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed May 19, 2021 3:48 pm

Zippy wrote:Can't see that DA a man of integrity is going to up sticks and move on without complying with his contractual obligations, and therefore I'm pretty sure the Board would be aware and taking steps to mitigate the effects if his move is in process. I can't imagine anyone in the club sought this outcome , but SHOULD it come to pass, its a setback and not a reverse. The current Board seem very able and grounded, confident they will deal with it and manage the consequences .

I thought that , and it's only a couple of months since he said something about managers staying in jobs for 3 years. He has only been manager for half that time.

He did mention something about the board being nervous if we go up which was a bit worrying. If the board have given the impression they think it's too early financially to go up then maybe Derek has decided to move on. I hope that's not the case , look at Accrington and where they are.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby P/T Indie » Wed May 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Would Keith Hill be worth a look, knows our setup well and has been around the leagues so might be able to bring some players with him like derek has.

Just not quite sure on his recent record didnt seem to end well at Tranmere.

Maybe Bradford have sold Derek the look howmassive we are and we should be in the Prem league story.

P/T Indie

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:52 am

Bradford forum confident Derek will be named their new manager as early as next Tuesday or Wednesday

If Derek does go which personally I think he will another chapter closes but another manager will come along just like when players go and new players come in

Whatever happens it’s going to be a very very busy summer
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Thu May 27, 2021 11:09 am

IF and it's a very big IF DA decides to join Bratford then for me one of those under considerations as a replacement could be Mark Cooper who was sacked only a few weeks ago by FGR.

Barrow are strongly linked with him but I wonder if he is holding off putting pen to paper and waiting to see what happens with DA.

I want to believe that the Bratford connection is pure speculation started by someone over the Pennies who wants to upset our preparations for Wembley due to out and out hatred of our club.

A lot hinges on Monday's result.... :!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Thu May 27, 2021 11:15 am

redrobo wrote:IF and it's a very big IF DA decides to join Bratford then for me one of those under considerations as a replacement could be Mark Cooper who was sacked only a few weeks ago by FGR.

Barrow are strongly linked with him but I wonder if he is holding off putting pen to paper and waiting to see what happens with DA.

I want to believe that the Bratford connection is pure speculation started by someone over the Pennies who wants to upset our preparations for Wembley due to out and out hatred of our club.

I think you're probably right that a lot hinges on Wembley result (unless DA has already agreed the move). If we win and DA hasn't committed the board need to increase his incentive to stay. They may feel they can do this if we go up but I doubt they'll do it if we lose.
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu May 27, 2021 12:15 pm

redrobo wrote:IF and it's a very big IF DA decides to join Bratford then for me one of those under considerations as a replacement could be Mark Cooper who was sacked only a few weeks ago by FGR.

I think that the fact that Bradford haven't appointed a manager suggests they are confident that they will be signing one as soon as the play-offs are over. They have already signed a player that Derek signed for Plymouth so that doesn't look like a good sign. Maybe they are after Flynn from Newport who did play a few seasons for Bradford so has connections.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu May 27, 2021 12:33 pm

I am not convinced Bradford is the right move, yes big budget, bigger ground but less job security. They had ample of good managers and apart from Phil Parkinson have been shown the door very quickly. Plymouth who are a big club sacked Derek after just getting them promoted because they were languishing in the relegation zone this is just going from frying pan to the fire in my opinion. Shame really that he prefers to go to Bradford than any other club he could choose from either in England or Scotland.

As for managers Mark Cooper has worked on probably a higher budget than us having signed some quality players in Aaron Collins. It all depends on the outcome on Monday what happens next for Morecambe FC but if the reasons were players and budget we will need a shrewd businessman coach who can work on a shoe string. Keith Hill has had success at Rochdale twice getting them promoted. He knows league one and two like the back of his hand. He may have had differences at Tranmere but name a coach who hasn’t. His CV is still good and should this day come that our club are looking for a new man at the helm he is a perfect fit. Pete Wild is another worked remarkable at Halifax and filled in well at Oldham when care taker manager. It will be an interesting couple of months for the club that’s for sure. I just hope we get promoted apart from three teams we have played the rest before it’s what the town needs and the club to bring in extra revenue for tickets and merchandise. UP THE SHRIMPS.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Thu May 27, 2021 1:14 pm

I wondered about Keith Hill a few years ago he was great and always had players willing to follow him around like Perks did. I just wasn't sure what his record was like over the past couple of years.He would be familiar with our setup though and I think would fit in well.

I always liked Cooper when he was at Tamworth we could never beat them even though they were towards the bottom he had them well organised and we could never break them down despite all our attacking qualities that we had back in the conference.

P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu May 27, 2021 1:23 pm

I don't like the thought of Keith Hill taking over IF Derek leaves. His recent record is pretty poor and Tranmere fans couldn't wait to see the back of him.

I hope we just don't pluck someone off the managerial merry go round and look to get in somebody of Dereks calibre. You never know, we could get him back after he fails to get mid table Bradford in to the Champs League after 18months.
BerlinWaller

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu May 27, 2021 1:35 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I wondered about Keith Hill a few years ago he was great and always had players willing to follow him around like Perks did. I just wasn't sure what his record was like over the past couple of years.He would be familiar with our setup though and I think would fit in well.

I always liked Cooper when he was at Tamworth we could never beat them even though they were towards the bottom he had them well organised and we could never break them down despite all our attacking qualities that we had back in the conference.

Yes he has connections with the directors with his career with us. I don’t think he will be a bad thing. He proved at Rochdale he can operate on a budget and got them two promotions. He has also managed Rochdale in league one as well. Think he would be a good appointment. Ok didn’t work out at Tranmere but he got them to the play offs when they were staring relegation in the face. Another big club who expect miracles. Certainly good talented managers out their.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby glagys » Thu May 27, 2021 7:40 pm

Think there were certain players running the club as Dawes more or less said after the game
glagys

Postby redrobo » Fri May 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Possibly Dave Challinor could be in the mix to take over IF DA decides to leave but loyalty to his current club seems to have been a constant thread with DA at other clubs....until his contract expires.

Doing a very good job at Hartlepool....

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Fri May 28, 2021 12:50 pm

Until we hear otherwise, I'm working on the basis that at worst, Derek has agreed to move if we stay down, but will be with us in League One. On that, possibly grasping at straws basis, we either continue with him, or get a load of compensation.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri May 28, 2021 4:50 pm

Mark Cooper the new manager at Barrow.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Fri May 28, 2021 5:37 pm

Keith wrote:Until we hear otherwise, I'm working on the basis that at worst, Derek has agreed to move if we stay down, but will be with us in League One. On that, possibly grasping at straws basis, we either continue with him, or get a load of compensation.

I notice that at one point in Derek's interview (on the Ellison thread) he refers to usgetting into league one. Whether that means anything or not we'll have to wait and see.
black morse

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion