Walsall 0:2 Morecambe

Walsall 0:2 Morecambe

Postby thedoc » Sat May 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Football in general has boycotted the main social media platforms the weekend. It’s about time- the way the crass stupidity and actual hatred these American inventions have allowed sad, worthless Keyboard Warriors to project their own total inadequacy onto other people- black; disabled; gay; whatever - is an absolute scandal. So I’m doing my little bit and not posting on Faceflannel this weekend either.

Some people, inevitably, will scoff at this as an empty gesture. But I didn’t bank with Barclay’s or buy fruit or anything else from South Africa in the Apartheid era either.

I remember some well-dressed white woman saying to me when I was part of a picket of Sainsbury’s in Lancaster at the time:

“What difference do you think someone like you will make?” (It goes without saying that this lady was not a Morecambe supporter...)

Archbishop Desmond Tutu provides the answer:

“In South Africa, we could not have achieved our freedom and just peace without the help of people around the world, who through the use of non-violent means, such as boycotts and divestment, encouraged their governments and other corporate actors to reverse decades-long support for the Apartheid regime.”

From little acorns do big oak trees grow...

So you can find my match reports – with no irritating adverts - at

http://d3d4football.com/match-report-wa ... recambe-2/

Or – if you are addicted to pop-ups and god knows what other clutter on your screen:

Walsall 0:2 Morecambe - Vital Morecambe - Vital Morecambe (vitalfootball.co.uk)
thedoc

Return to General Discussion