Bolton game

Bolton game

Postby glagys » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:48 pm

Now this is a game sky should be showing although we don’t always perform in front of the cameras
glagys

Re: Bolton game

Postby Zippy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Yes !! Sources close to the Bolton fan-base , hinted to me that a few stalwart fans may be passing by the Mazuma on their way to B&M bargains & the clock tower next weekend
Zippy

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:59 pm

A big IF but if we can win at Grimsby and Carlisle can beat Bolton this would be a game that would put us close to automatic.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:16 pm

I know we can't help it, but how sad is it that we can't be there for what could be the potentially biggest game in our clubs history? The ground would be bouncing next week? What would the gate be?
lancaster shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:19 pm

lancaster shrimp wrote:I know we can't help it, but how sad is it that we can't be there for what could be the potentially biggest game in our clubs history? The ground would be bouncing next week? What would the gate be?

A sort of metal thing with a padlock and hinges......

Away end full, 3000 Shrimps + 300 glory hunters = 4.978
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Can we not line Christie Way and welcome the lads to the ground? Get the flares out and create an atmosphere? All socially distanced of course :roll:
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:A big IF but if we can win at Grimsby and Carlisle can beat Bolton this would be a game that would put us close to automatic.

Simple 'IF'.

If we win our remaining four games, we will go up, end of story. We're not relying on anyone else, it is in our hands entirely :D :D :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Screenster » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:23 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Can we not line Christie Way and welcome the lads to the ground? Get the flares out and create an atmosphere? All socially distanced of course :roll:

Second this!
Screenster

Postby Zippy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Ya , think some expression of our support would be good, (both ways)
Zippy

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:26 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Can we not line Christie Way and welcome the lads to the ground? Get the flares out and create an atmosphere? All socially distanced of course :roll:

What time would we, the fans, start manning Christie Way ? I'd be willing to turn up, and if we have the sense to act socially I'm sure the relevant authorities wouldn't stop us.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Lets concentrate on Tuesday at Grimsby first. They dominated the stats against Notlob today and now have a glimmer of hope of survival. Following Colchesters win they really need 3 points from the game so it will be an incredibly hard battle for us before we even think of next Saturday. A positive set of results on Tuesday and yes break out the flags etc' for a massive game in seven days, possibly the biggest ever for the club.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 pm

There is plenty of room with the fixture board banking and 2 pavements. It would be brilliant to show the players what this means to us and how proud we are.

Just seen your post PS. I think we should be there regardless of any result on Tuesday. Nothing changes, we are still proud of the lads.
BerlinWaller

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:54 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:There is plenty of room with the fixture board banking and 2 pavements. It would be brilliant to show the players what this means to us and how proud we are.

Just seen your post PS. I think we should be there regardless of any result on Tuesday. Nothing changes, we are still proud of the lads.

Yes Berlin incredibly proud of the whole lot of them. My pride is bursting out of my chest! They've just said on Quest EFL highlights that if we do go up automatically DA should be a shoe in for EFL manager of the season and you can't disagree with that. Bring it on then on Saturday. No idea what time the players report for duty and they no doubt arrive in dribs and drabs but yes some show of support along Christie way would be superb.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:

What time would we, the fans, start manning Christie Way ? I'd be willing to turn up, and if we have the sense to act socially I'm sure the relevant authorities wouldn't stop us.

And the sit in the Hurley flyer beer garden and watch the game on a tablet.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Freez » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:10 pm

Do we play better if you watch it having taken an aspirin? :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:58 pm

Wild Bill wrote:And the sit in the Hurley flyer beer garden and watch the game on a tablet.

That would actually be really cool! In fact [not living in the UK, not sure where the restrictions are up to now] could JB's Bar move chairs and tables outside, on to the concourse, then fans bring tablets & laptops down so a load of people could drink and [socially distanced/legally] watch the game, at the ground? Could be a bit of publicity and a bit of cash too. A cheer being heard inside the ground 40 seconds after we score would be cool! Closest we could be to being there. Could even sell some pies!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:10 am

You'll have to be careful with this one. There is still only 6 people allowed to meet outdoors and while pubs can serve booze and eats it is only to people sitting outdoors. Many pubs are taking bookings for tables.
black morse

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:51 am

Freez wrote:Do we play better if you watch it having taken an aspirin? :D
That comment (plink-plink) fizz led out! ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Bare bum » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:54 am

Poor old Keith - "not loving in the uk" :cry:

You all right, chuck?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:54 am

Bare bum wrote:Poor old Keith - "not loving in the uk" :cry:

You all right, chuck?

No... I'm suffering from fat-fingers syndrome! :( :( :(
[Edited now! :D ]

Keith
Site Admin

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:09 pm

S/Vers, read the thread, 'Matches available on iFollow', particularly the response from ShrimpGirl ! If this is anything to go by, could be extremely good news.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:09 am

Keith wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:And the sit in the Hurley flyer beer garden and watch the game on a tablet.

That would actually be really cool! In fact [not living in the UK, not sure where the restrictions are up to now] could JB's Bar move chairs and tables outside, on to the concourse, then fans bring tablets & laptops down so a load of people could drink and [socially distanced/legally] watch the game, at the ground? Could be a bit of publicity and a bit of cash too. A cheer being heard inside the ground 40 seconds after we score would be cool! Closest we could be to being there. Could even sell some pies!

With this being an actual possibility I think it just highlights how daft the current rules are. Limited opening of stadiums should have come at the same time as pub beer gardens. As paid up season ticket holders we should really be allowed back for the last few games.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby redrobo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:16 am

jbc.shrimp wrote:

If it's a 3pm kick off the players start arriving around 1pm if not a wee bit sooner.

If as before all players have to be in the ground no later than 1.15pm.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Wild Bill wrote:[
With this being an actual possibility I think it just highlights how daft the current rules are. Limited opening of stadiums should have come at the same time as pub beer gardens. As paid up season ticket holders we should really be allowed back for the last few games.

Definitely should have been allowed. Season Ticket holders only, spread around the ground, using home & away end, while wearing masks. Fans were at Wembley for the FA Cup semi-final, so hopefully the Play-Off Final at minimum would have fans in.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:43 pm

Just 4 deaths after a positive test within 28 days announced today yet footy grounds are still closed.
BerlinWaller

Return to General Discussion