Player watch

Player watch

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Was very impressed with the Scunthorpe No8 Alex Gilliead last night. Looked very useful on the ball and would compliment our squad next season..he's also available as his contract runs out in June.

For me he''s the type of player who could play in a higher league and in many ways looked as good if not better than Phillips who doesn't appear to be playing as we all know he can following his loan move to Accrington.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Player watch

Postby Freez » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Gillead excelled in their 3-0 win last season at Glanford Park, played wide right as he did in the last ten against us yesterday,
As stated in the commentary, he impressed us then and played tidily last night too.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:32 am

A friend of mine at work says we are signing a Player from Afc Fylde ahead of next season

That's all he said.. No names mentioned
Redalert1970

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:43 am

That's weird, I heard the exact same thing. Ben Tollitt.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:53 pm

A player I'd love to see us go for is Cameron King at King's Lynn. Attacking midfielder who carries the ball really well, good eye for the pass, can beat a man and lots of energy and running in him. Can play CM or on the wing too I reckon. Saw him for Halifax last season and I was a big fan.

Unfortunately, he's down at King's Lynn and I assume a pretty sideways move from Halifax was due to wanting to be in a certain location. Would love it if we could get him though. Contract expiring this summer according to Transfermarkt but I've also heard he's signed an extension.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm

Thought the Walsall No 15 Wes McDonald had a decent game wide left and showed a bit of speed at times.

Think he's out of contract this summer and (for me ;) ) could be an asset whichever league we play in next season.

redrobo

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun May 02, 2021 3:04 pm

Bristol Shrimp wrote:That's weird, I heard the exact same thing. Ben Tollitt.

Are you guessing at Tollitt, or is that the name you've heard ?
jbc.shrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun May 02, 2021 3:09 pm

If I remember correctly, D.A. said he wanted a 22/24 man squad. If so, who goes out to make way.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Sun May 02, 2021 3:42 pm

I heard his name mentioned, not heard anything since though.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun May 02, 2021 5:10 pm

Assuming we go up I wonder if DA will think he needs to rebuild the squad capable of survival in League 1

redrobo

Postby black morse » Sun May 02, 2021 5:53 pm

redrobo wrote:Assuming we go up I wonder if DA will think he needs to rebuild the squad capable of survival in League 1

Wouldn't be a complete rebuild but there's bound to be some changes whether we go up or not. We're all assuming we are going to lose CMG so that's one place for starters.
black morse

Postby Keith » Sun May 02, 2021 6:35 pm

black morse wrote:Wouldn't be a complete rebuild but there's bound to be some changes whether we go up or not. We're all assuming we are going to lose CMG so that's one place for starters.

And if he goes, how much money we get for him/how much will be allocated to salaries or even transfer fees.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sun May 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Keith wrote:
black morse wrote:Wouldn't be a complete rebuild but there's bound to be some changes whether we go up or not. We're all assuming we are going to lose CMG so that's one place for starters.

And if he goes, how much money we get for him/how much will be allocated to salaries or even transfer fees.

If I had invested money in a club I would want some of that fee at least to repay some my investment particularly if we hadn't managed promotion. On the other hand I might be tempted to leave most of the money in the club if we had been promoted.
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 pm

Bolton eyeing up a summer move for COLE STOCKTON

Northampton eyeing up a summer move for DEREK ADAMS as their new manager
Redalert1970

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 02, 2021 10:57 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Bolton eyeing up a summer move for COLE STOCKTON

Northampton eyeing up a summer move for DEREK ADAMS as their new manager

Both rumours from Alan Nixon, who is generally relatively well informed but a lot of his rumours don't really turn out. Worth bearing in mind at this stage it's just rumours, a lot of this could well be just boardroom/agent chatter etc without any actual approach being made.

For example, Northampton could well have banded DA's name around as someone they admire, but they possibly would have to pay some sort of compensation to us. And then there's if DA fancies a sideways or backwards move (dependent on if we go up) when he turned down an interview with Hearts because he'd already given his word to us. Doesn't really seem in his character to do so.

At this stage, I think it would probably take a top League One, Championship or Scottish Premiership job to really cause DA to consider moving. Especially if we do end up going up.
Little Shrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:42 am

No to Cameron King

Very injury prone

Only played 4 full 90 mins this season
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Mon May 03, 2021 11:11 am

Another Walsall player who stood out for me was their No27 the blond haired Tyreit Wright the Irish loanee at Walsall from Aston villa. Was possibly their most creative player....

redrobo

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue May 04, 2021 10:30 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:No to Cameron King

Very injury prone

Only played 4 full 90 mins this season

Done a bit more research on him - seems to have a few mysterious/difficult to fully diagnose injury plagues and I've read he's seeing a physio from Norwich City. If fit, he's a player I'd love to get.

Had a bit of a watch of Ruben Rodrigues for Notts County - brilliant attacking midfielder, not got any idea what he's doing in the National League. Another I'd love to have, but I imagine he will have a very long queue of clubs lining up to have a go for him.

I liked the look of Isaac Olaofe too for Sutton. Forward playing off the left - quick, skilful, strong and produced a stunning chipped finish to get Sutton's first. On loan there from Millwall, but has previously been as far north as a loan to St Johnstone.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Fri May 14, 2021 1:03 pm

https://the72.co.uk/235538/barrow-recei ... -defender/

Could do a job for us if we need for replacements...

Also details of players released in EFL2 to date

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... rs-5414009

Allex Gillead who Freez rates has been released by Scunny...but Ipswich are interested in him and have been for some time.
redrobo

Postby Posh » Wed May 19, 2021 8:40 pm

Barrow have incredibly released Josh Kay, who along with Scott Quigley, easily their best player. Their fans livid.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby redrobo » Thu May 20, 2021 10:51 am

Posh wrote:Barrow have incredibly released Josh Kay, who along with Scott Quigley, easily their best player. Their fans livid.

Sounds as though Kay had issues with 'red mist'....and not sure what his best position in the team was.
redrobo

Return to General Discussion