RANGERS tracking Gomes...

Re: RANGERS tracking Gomes...

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Freez » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Yet another “he is available on a free” brigade!!
:D
Good luck with that!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby glagys » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:14 am

Well if we get a decent deal for him so be it

But perhaps time for Freddie to shine like Carlos
glagys

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:40 am

I've said this elsewhere, I hope Carlos isn't our player next season. His value is at its highest currently. A decent transfer fee could set the club up for years. In a perfect world, we'd sell him to a Premiership club in the North West (or even Leeds) who would lend him back to us for a season in League One to continue his development. That would also allow Carlos to remain in the area, something he said he liked when interviewed on Football Focus.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 am

Keith wrote:I've said this elsewhere, I hope Carlos isn't our player next season. His value is at its highest currently. A decent transfer fee could set the club up for years. In a perfect world, we'd sell him to a Premiership club in the North West (or even Leeds) who would lend him back to us for a season in League One to continue his development. That would also allow Carlos to remain in the area, something he said he liked when interviewed on Football Focus.

That all sounds good Keith. Just go and sort it out will you please? :D
black morse

Postby al1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:17 pm

not really a sellers market at the moment though is it? Not many clubs with a lot of money about after the past year,with little cash coming in.And who knows when fans are likely to return!
al1

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:25 pm

My worry about getting a significant fee for Carlos is that our owners who have bankrolled the club will want a good percentage of the fee as a return on their investment.

Not sure what that would be but if for example we got £500K for Carlos would they want £300K of that as a return for the amount they have and continue to put into or club or would they not invest any further and let the BoD use the money to finance future seasons with a few pennies thrown in the direction of DA to bring in some talented players.... :?: :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:36 pm

redrobo wrote:My worry about getting a significant fee for Carlos is that our owners who have bankrolled the club will want a good percentage of the fee as a return on their investment.

Not sure what that would be but if for example we got £500K for Carlos would they want £300K of that as a return for the amount they have and continue to put into or club or would they not invest any further and let the BoD use the money to finance future seasons with a few pennies thrown in the direction of DA to bring in some talented players.... :?: :?: :?: :?:

So just to clarify, you think the owners that have kept the club afloat are going to whip out the bulk of the money we might get for Carlos?
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:43 pm

Stevenage have just sold a 13 year old to Man City for £400k!

If the club want to buy my 12 year old, I will let the lazy scruffbag go for a tenner!
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:48 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Stevenage have just sold a 13 year old to Man City for £400k!

If the club want to buy my 12 year old, I will let the lazy scruffbag go for a tenner!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:24 pm

Rangers fans already boarding the hype train :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSpzx8e ... ertheWorld

A lot of clips from the reserves there that we've not really seen (I'm assuming the clips have come from Wyscout or something).

I think that JB gets lots of unfounded stick for 'letting players go' who've gone on to do well, when most of it was out of his control due to finances etc. However seeing those clips of Carlos in the reserves, I think he did drop of a bit of a clanger by not really playing him!
Little Shrimp

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Rangers fans already boarding the hype train :lol:

A lot of clips from the reserves there that we've not really seen (I'm assuming the clips have come from Wyscout or something).

I think that JB gets lots of unfounded stick for 'letting players go' who've gone on to do well, when most of it was out of his control due to finances etc. However seeing those clips of Carlos in the reserves, I think he did drop of a bit of a clanger by not really playing him!

Little Shrimp the use of the word 'hype' is in my opinion misleading. A definition of the word hype is 'exaggerating something'. In the case of Carlos I feel this is unfair because he is improving at such a rapid rate that he is now more than ready to ply his trade at a much higher level than EFL2 and his talents are there for all to see for anyone who has seen his progress this season since he has been given a regular chance.

The clips on You Tube are fine but there are many, many, other recent examples of his talents not included thereon. In my opinion he is improving at such a rate that the sky is the limit as to where he may end up. For one his finishing is lethal. One touch and bang it's a goal! He rarely misses when he has a chance. His range of passing is also well above EFL 2 level. Another aspect of his game is his tracking back and defending. He frequently wins the ball back and initiates a counter attack. He is a real box to box player who has a good engine and produces the goods game after game.

To top it all his interviews suggest he is a well grounded young man. In my opinion he is still on a steep upward curve with his development and I can only think that if he has the chance to learn from higher standard players he won't waste the opportunity and may well be a real star of the future further up the leagues. Just hope we get the remuneration that we deserve for this precocious talent!
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby RapidShrimp » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Rangers fans already boarding the hype train :lol:

Little Shrimp the use of the word 'hype' is in my opinion misleading. A definition of the word hype is 'exaggerating something'. In the case of Carlos I feel this is unfair because he is improving at such a rapid rate that he is now more than ready to ply his trade at a much higher level than EFL2 and his talents are there for all to see for anyone who has seen his progress this season since he has been given a regular chance.

I disagree with this, often in these sort of contexts, “hype” is used to mean being “hyped up” which means you’re excited about something. “Over-hyped” would suggest it’s an exaggeration of talent. I (and most of us!) have been “hyped” about our chances of promotion since Tuesday, but that doesn’t mean we’ve been exaggerating the situation at all.

However, I agree with your main point - he comes across as a very humble, hard-working, down-to-earth lad, who’s ready to learn & adapt to any situation - not surprising when you consider how he has reached this level!

I recently watched a couple of Youtube pre-season videos from 2019 and he looked electric and produced some very fine touches, passes and finishing. And when you watch the reserves highlights from when he was outcast to there, he looked clearly a step above that level, and desperately needed a proper chance in the first team. For the life of me, I can’t believe how JB didn’t give him more of a chance - maybe he felt Carlos wasn’t the type of player to do the dirty work (not because of a lack of effort, maybe because of his physique back then, and tendency to do tricks and flicks when JB would want a more simple approach?) however we have seen under Derek that Carlos works tirelessly every game, up and down the flank, creating space & breaking up play.

His stamina is immense, composure incredible, confidence sky-high (without being arrogant) and his type of technical ability is unlike anything I’ve seen before. Derek has turned a “raw”, and in DA’s own words, “exciting” talent into a productive one - it is this sort of coaching and talent-spotting that has impressed me with him. If he’s still here next season, great - we can enjoy another season of his brilliance - if he isn’t, he (and DA of course) will have helped the club financially and also given us huge pleasure over the last year and a half!
RapidShrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Yeah to clarify - I'm trying to say that this Rangers fan has particularly over exaggerated CMG's ability.

I'm more referring to the fact that they're getting excited about something that hasn't happened yet, and the only basis for it happening is some paper talk.
Little Shrimp

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:32 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Yeah to clarify - I'm trying to say that this Rangers fan has particularly over exaggerated CMG's ability.

I'm more referring to the fact that they're getting excited about something that hasn't happened yet, and the only basis for it happening is some paper talk.

Ah fair enough. To be honest at this stage last season I wasn’t convinced by Carlos. He obviously had talent but wasn’t always using it to best advantage. This season he has matured and is now a real threat to the opposition. Teams have of course identified this and targeted him to try and nullify his talents but to his credit he is handling this well and is a real handful for them to cope with. If not Rangers I’m sure there will be others who will covet his services and hopefully pay us the appropriate fee to secure him.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby jbc.shrimp » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:50 am

Little Shrimp wrote:Yeah to clarify - I'm trying to say that this Rangers fan has particularly over exaggerated CMG's ability.

Ah fair enough. To be honest at this stage last season I wasn’t convinced by Carlos. He obviously had talent but wasn’t always using it to best advantage. This season he has matured and is now a real threat to the opposition. Teams have of course identified this and targeted him to try and nullify his talents but to his credit he is handling this well and is a real handful for them to cope with. If not Rangers I’m sure there will be others who will covet his services and hopefully pay us the appropriate fee to secure him.

Phoenix Shrimp, what is though the appropriate fee ? Personally I think we should be looking for from a team like Rangers, 7 figures.
jbc.shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:13 pm

I reckon that a move to Rangers would be good for the club if the club get a good sell on clause. It isn't the best standard of football and if Carlos shines up there, he will put himself in the shop window for a move back down to the competitive leagues in England.
BerlinWaller

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:05 pm

Hopefully we have lots of clubs in for him so we can drive the price as high as we can. Fingers crossed we will be able to get into seven figures.

Had a quick check on Transfermarkt which has our two record departures as Carl Baker and Jack Redshaw, both for £230,000 to Stockport and Blackpool respectively. The next highest is David McNivern apparently for £68,000 to Stafford rangers.

Obviously Transfermarkt isn't wholly complete for clubs at our level (lists Sorvel as our record transfer, and doesn't include the fees for Cranston/Conlan/Barkhuizen, although to be fair these weren't disclosed), but we've not got a great history of developing players to get good money aside from Redshaw. Obviously we were unfortunate with our other big find in Barkhuizen, so hopefully we can put things right with negotiating a good deal for CMG!
Little Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:42 pm

Jacko and Hardiker both went for £250kish didn't they?
BerlinWaller

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:53 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:

Phoenix Shrimp, what is though the appropriate fee ? Personally I think we should be looking for from a team like Rangers, 7 figures.

Well jbc I would hope for a bare minimum of £500,000 up front and many additional add on's so that if he reaches his full potential we will benefit for years to come.

The imponderable is how has Covid affected clubs finances and their ability to pay large transfer fees up front. We may have to take less of an initial fee than would normally be the case and rely more on add ons. However if the Rangers interest is genuine they may have more scope than many to shell out a decent amount up front. Huge fan base and Champions League involvement next season should ensure they are better off than most.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Freez » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:17 pm

JJ went for then a non league record of 175k to Rushden.
Not sure about Hardiker, seem to recall it being 150k but can’t be certain. But JJ as a non league record stood for a good few years.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:37 am

Bring on the articles :D
tim-sanchez

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Scouts must be going back to their clubs with some glowing reports about a number of our players, not just Carlos.
BerlinWaller

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 pm

I think Carlos showed today why he's the name on everybody's lips, and not Bahamboula (who himself is excellent).

I'm not going to say end product as Bahamboula has a good amount of goals and assists and part of that is down to the team. However, the work rate to get back and defend that Carlos showed (and has done all season) was superb compared to Bahamboula. That'll stand him in really good stead at a higher level where pressing etc is so important (it us for us too).
Little Shrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion