RANGERS tracking Gomes...

RANGERS tracking Gomes...

Postby Angler1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:12 am

According to the Scottish Sun newspaper, Rangers have been watching Mendes Gomes and have contacted Morecambe fc.. also says his contract is up in the summer...
Angler1

Re: RANGERS tracking Gomes...

Postby glagys » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 am

To be fair that would be a massive move for him, but not sure if he can cut it there,I think he’s probs lower championship level, he’s no Teemu Pukki he doesn’t have the extra bit needed to be a top player,
But best of luck to him should it happen
glagys

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:41 am

If Angler is correct and that Carlos is out of contract then no cash if he goes to Scotland !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:13 am

[quote="Angler1"]According to the Scottish Sun newspaper, Rangers have been watching Mendes Gomes and have contacted Morecambe fc.. also says his contract is up in the summer...[/quote

Sounds farmiliar !!!
Born again Bill

Postby black morse » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:52 am

If we get no money for CMG then we really are 'little old Morecambe' :evil: We need good money from this sort off loss if we are to stand a chance of surviving in League 1.....if we ever get there!
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:01 am

black morse wrote:If we get no money for CMG then we really are 'little old Morecambe' :evil: We need good money from this sort off loss if we are to stand a chance of surviving in League 1.....if we ever get there!

Little old Morecambe developing players to potentially play Champions League footy next season? A strange post with a very negative tone there Black Morse without knowing anything about his contract or the the clubs finances
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 am

BerlinWaller wrote:
black morse wrote:If we get no money for CMG then we really are 'little old Morecambe' :evil: We need good money from this sort off loss if we are to stand a chance of surviving in League 1.....if we ever get there!

Little old Morecambe developing players to potentially play Champions League footy next season? A strange post with a very negative tone there Black Morse without knowing anything about his contract or the the clubs finances

Sorry :oops: It just annoys me that teams like Exeter can raise hundreds of thousands from sale of their stars and we never seem to be able to. Hope I'm wrong and we can get a fair reward for the club bringing CMG up to the level where larger clubs are interested in signing him. I agree that I'm assuming the worst.
black morse

Postby black morse » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:14 am

Going on from above post. I don't see why DA has been publicly singing CMG's praises if we are going to end up with very little or even nothing :?
black morse

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:36 am

black morse wrote:Going on from above post. I don't see why DA has been publicly singing CMG's praises if we are going to end up with very little or even nothing :?

Did Derek not say in one of his earlier interviews that the club were very happy with carlos’s contract situation ??
Born again Bill

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:45 am

Maybe something Bodie and Doyle aka the I follow commentary team can find out before the match
Born again Bill

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:29 am

Would be a disaster if Rangers or any other club was able to hijack our most valuable asset.

Sounds to me as though his agent has been doing the rounds fully aware that the only party to benefit from such a freebie move would be the agent himself as well as Carlos who I wold have no problem with...but his agent and whatever club it was..... :evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:36 am

If he's suited to a lower level championship side then surely he's ideal for Rangers. That's surely their level. Hope this doesn't happen but DA seems pretty confident with his contract situation.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:26 pm

Probably would be appreciated by us fans if the club could confirm Carlos's contract situation.

Until some clarification is confirmed rumour and speculation (including from idiots like myself :oops: ) will only grow.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:02 pm

Do we know for sure his contract is up at the end of this season?
lancaster shrimp

Postby Freez » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:08 pm

MFC have another year option on Carlos, so reckon we might exercise that option!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:46 pm

Freez wrote:MFC have another year option on Carlos, so reckon we might exercise that option!! :D

Hope you are right and if so that would explain DA's attitude towards the Carlos situation.

IF he does go at the end of this season assuming we offer him an improved deal any transfer would involve hopefully a substantial fee.... ;)
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:24 pm

Freez wrote:MFC have another year option on Carlos, so reckon we might exercise that option!! :D

That would account for Rangers contacting Morecambe. If he were out of contract they would have no need to.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:59 pm

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/range ... is-season/

Seem to think that he would go for a relatively cheap price.....NO WAY... :o :o :o

See the very last line in the article... :evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm

This journalist must know something the Club's Manager doesn't.
BerlinWaller

Postby Born again Bill » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Mind you what Rangers call relitavly cheap could be a fortune to us , as always we may never know !
Born again Bill

Postby tim-sanchez » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:09 pm

I think a lot of journalists are still thinking he's out of contract so could be picked up extremely cheap/free, but if we do have an option on him then they'd have to cough up.
tim-sanchez

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:18 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:This journalist must know something the Club's Manager doesn't.

This journalist probably doesn't know that we (possibly) have another years option on his contract. :D
black morse

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:48 pm

Is this something you’ve been told by someone inside the club? Because as far as I’m aware, there’s no public information about Carlos’ contract details, other than the announcement that he got a year extension last summer. We definitely had an option, though, to extend his contract (on top of his standard 1 year deal) when we first signed him in 2018. Maybe the club are being less open about contract clauses now compared a few years ago!

tim-sanchez wrote:I think a lot of journalists are still thinking he's out of contract so could be picked up extremely cheap/free, but if we do have an option on him then they'd have to cough up.

Yes exactly this! The journalists are all ‘piggy-backing’ on the Scottish Sun’s original article about the rumour, so they’ve likely just googled his contract length and found its expiring this summer! I think many of them have missed the fact that a move to Scotland would mean we’re entitled to no compensation, EVEN if we hand him a bigger contract than before - a move to a fellow English club would entitle us for some compensation at least.

However, if we do have an extension option that the club can trigger independent of Carlos, then obviously Rangers would have to stump up a transfer fee!

Rangers may have enquired about Carlos’ availability, hence the media rumours, but were unaware of an extension that could be triggered by the club.
RapidShrimp

Postby Freez » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:11 pm

Yes, it’s from a very reliable source, we have an option on another year, and it’s almost certainly going to be exercised.
Thankfully.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:57 am

Freez wrote:Yes, it’s from a very reliable source, we have an option on another year, and it’s almost certainly going to be exercised.
Thankfully.

Fantastic! Thanks for the info!
RapidShrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion