RANGERS tracking Gomes...

Re: RANGERS tracking Gomes...

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:17 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Scouts must be going back to their clubs with some glowing reports about a number of our players, not just Carlos.

And that for me is more worrying than if Carlos goes. With so many out if contract a lot of clubs will be offering more money which could tempt some of them to pastures new.

DA may have to do another team building exercise just for us to remain competitive which ever league we are in.

Worrying time for us and no doubt our excellent manager and BoD.

Wonder how our owners will respond to the situation which will happen.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:31 pm

Bloody hell, i bet you are fun at a party. I doubt DA and the BoD's are unhappy at the moment.
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:35 pm

if L1 does happen i can see the Owner's looking to invest and Championship.
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:45 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Bloody hell, i bet you are fun at a party. I doubt DA and the BoD's are unhappy at the moment.

EVERYBODY..I repeat EVERYBODY will be delighted at the position OUR club is in with the chances of automatic promotion getting closer game by game BUT we have to be realistic and accept that other clubs will come sniffing around some of of our squad to think otherwise is burying ones head in the sand.... :roll:

:!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 pm

redrobo wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Scouts must be going back to their clubs with some glowing reports about a number of our players, not just Carlos.

And that for me is more worrying than if Carlos goes. With so many out if contract a lot of clubs will be offering more money which could tempt some of them to pastures new.

DA may have to do another team building exercise just for us to remain competitive which ever league we are in.

Worrying time for us and no doubt our excellent manager and BoD.

Wonder how our owners will respond to the situation which will happen.

:?: :?: :?:

It definitely is not a worrying time. You’ve got to remember that the players have come to us for a reason - out of favour elsewhere, prior experience of Derek, looking for a new challenge, etc... These players have seen how good the season has been and 90% of them would sign a new deal without hesitation, especially if we were going to be a division higher next season. I think it will be Derek who’ll be making the decisions of who stays & who goes, rather than players looking elsewhere.

We have always been a club who doesn’t give out long contracts and we’ve managed to hold onto some real quality over the years so I don’t think this is a worry at all. Especially when you consider that a lot of them are coming towards the end of their peak/career rather than the start of it - they’ll appreciate a club like ours who can offer a stable contract if you perform.

This squad has performed greater than the sum of its parts and the players recognise that. Other than Carlos, there’s not really been a stand-out player who you would think other clubs at a higher level would be desperate to sign. That’s not a criticism of them - Toums and Songo’o especially have been exceptional, but they’re both in the stage of their career that they won’t be in high demand - just like Wildig, O’Sully, NKP, Cole, Davis, etc... for that matter.
RapidShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Searching through Twitter for mentions of CMG and it seems those crackpots in Bolton seem to think they have a chance of signing him. They seem to be challenging the mighty Bratfud for the most deluded club in League 2.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:01 pm

What we need is another big club to rival Rangers and then the fee will be driven up.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:08 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:What we need is another big club to rival Rangers and then the fee will be driven up.
Bigger than Bolton and Bratfut?? Carlisle?? :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:13 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Bloody hell, i bet you are fun at a party.

:lol: :lol:

Worry about it when the time comes, just enjoy the amazing ride.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:18 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Bloody hell, i bet you are fun at a party.

:lol: :lol:

Worry about it when the time comes, just enjoy the amazing ride.

Post of the day!

Don't worry about contracts, kick off routines or letting 2 late goals in. Just enjoy this amazing season with a Manager and team the whole town can be proud of.
BerlinWaller

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:22 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Searching through Twitter for mentions of CMG and it seems those crackpots in Bolton seem to think they have a chance of signing him. They seem to be challenging the mighty Bratfud for the most deluded club in League 2.

LOL. Some of these clubs fans have big club syndrome from times past. As you read through the various forums many of them think they only have to come a knocking at little old Morecambe and our staff would crawl over broken glass to go and play for them. Our management and half of our players would be at Carlisle by now if they had their wishes granted. Deluded sums it up!

Maybe once of a day but I really think times have changed!
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 pm

According to this, Rangers have just found out from Derek that we are extending his contract so it will cost them money :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.footballfancast.com/rangers ... x-gers-rfc
marky No.1

Postby Freez » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:36 pm

No surprise, is it! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby black morse » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:45 pm

Now we'll see who is really interested and who only wants a bargain. :D
black morse

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:06 pm

U23s to score more than 15 league goals this season: https://twitter.com/playmaker_EN/status ... 7646987265
tim-sanchez

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:10 pm

marky No.1

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:52 pm

marky No.1 wrote:https://the72.co.uk/233430/huddersfield-town-not-interested-in-league-two-winger/

But do they have enough money?
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:27 pm

black morse wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:https://the72.co.uk/233430/huddersfield-town-not-interested-in-league-two-winger/

But do they have enough money?

As Jason said, we are in a pretty stable place and won't need to take a silly offer like we did with Barky
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:40 pm

Derek got Plymouth up and the followed it up with a top half finish in league 1, so he knows what it will take to build a team in that league.

The biggest worry is what if Derek isn't here next season :shock: maybe someone will come in for him.

Have we ever sold a manager/asked for compensation before.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 pm

Was Joe Woj poached by Colne Dynamoes?
BerlinWaller

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:42 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Was Joe Woj poached by Colne Dynamoes?
yes, and a few players left with him too! No comp was received though.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Was Joe Woj poached by Colne Dynamoes?
yes, and a few players left with him too! No comp was received though.

Wasn't it Barrie Stimpson who was our only decent player who we kept hold of because he was the only one on a contract?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:55 pm

I understand where you are all coming from but don't we need to get into League 1 before we start worrying about that?
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:59 pm

black morse wrote:I understand where you are all coming from but don't we need to get into League 1 before we start worrying about that?

Yes, there are an awful lot of hurdles to jump to achieve that
marky No.1

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:33 am

P/T Indie wrote:Derek got Plymouth up and the followed it up with a top half finish in league 1, so he knows what it will take to build a team in that league.

The biggest worry is what if Derek isn't here next season :shock: maybe someone will come in for him.

Have we ever sold a manager/asked for compensation before.

We’ve got to remember who we’re talking about here. Derek’s known to be a man of principle, so much so he rejected a last minute offer from SPFL Hearts as he’d already agreed a verbal deal with as was ‘Little Old Morecambe.’ He’s now firmly got his feet under the table, got the training pitch sorted, says he enjoys his new office, a general manager’s on the way, and he’s led a team from 24th to 4th in just over a calendar year. Add to that the fact he’s brought in at least 5 of his former players (Songo’o, Toums, Mellor, Slew, Letheren, maybe someone else I’ve forgotten!) - there are no signs, nor reason, why he would leave unless he were to receive axis marching orders!

Of course the job he has done is incredible and hence there will be various parties interested in his services, which would be a huge concern if we were to lose him. However, it’s so unlikely that we shouldn’t waste our time worrying about it.
RapidShrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion