Cambridge 2 Morecambe 1 [Price] LIVE match thread

Re: Cambridge 2 Morecambe 1 [Price] LIVE match thread

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:35 pm

2 wins out of our last 4, two clean sheets in those wins as well, but 3 reds in those 4 games! :!: :cry:

Back to semi-normal fixtures now though, after facing fierce promotion rivals Carlisle, Forest Green, Newport, Cheltenham and Cambridge in just 6 games. Very pleased to still be within touching distance of automatics after that run.

Disappointing result today but my mind has already turned to beating Southend on Tuesday!
RapidShrimp

Postby Posh » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:16 pm

Whereas in most games everyone made a contribution I thought we had a few strugglers that caused us problems. Carlos was well shackled and they closed him down quickly every time he tried to carry the ball; Kelvin Mellor had a poor game, gave it away a lot and his dreadful pass led to the sending off; and Cole’s miss reflected a game where he rarely he saw the ball and didn’t do much with it when he did.

We’re really missing Yann Songo’o. He anchors the side and makes it easier for the full backs to get forward, which allows Carlos and Sully to come inside and cause trouble, as well as us swamping midfield.

Saying that I thought we could / should have got something out of today and we’ve got the players to push on for an automatic place. Just been missing that extra dimension, a player like Paul Mullin, that could have made life even better.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Andy D » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Posh wrote:
We’re really missing Yann Songo’o. He anchors the side and makes it easier for the full backs to get forward, which allows Carlos and Sully to come inside and cause trouble, as well as us swamping midfield.

2nd this

this is the key to any chance of reaching L1, he covers our attacking players so well, also in-game when we go behind Yann can drop into a back 3 to allow an attacking substitution to come on in order to rescue a game.
Andy D

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:23 am

My son in law is a Cambridge fan and watched the game saying we deserved a draw and was most impressed with us,accolade indeed
scalehallshrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion