M.O.M - Adam Yates

M.O.M - Adam Yates

Postby apps16 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:58 pm

In my opinion this was a well deserved and long overdue nomination for the sponsors man of the match on Tuesday night. As usual, he worked his socks off and got in some excellent forward possitions. Only criticism towards him is that when he gets in a good forward possition he always looks to play the ball to someone else, even when he has created an opportunity for himself to have a go. Not sure if he lacks the confidence in the oppssitions box, can't shoot or is simply 100% non selfish?
Despite this, another excellent performance from Adam.
apps16

Re: M.O.M - Adam Yates

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Jimmy Armfield chose M.O.T.M. - there were no sponsors!

p.s. Well done Adam bet you were pleased to be chosen by "the best right back in Europe"

Neil Wainwright however was hoping that Eddie Gray was picking M.O.T.M. :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Martin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:52 pm

apps16 wrote:Only criticism towards him is that when he gets in a good forward possition he always looks to play the ball to someone else, even when he has created an opportunity for himself to have a go. Not sure if he lacks the confidence in the oppssitions box, can't shoot or is simply 100% non selfish?

He's a full-back and probably doesn't have the confidence if he feels one of the forwards would have a better chance of scoring. He's good at going forward but I wouldn't criticise him for not having a go if he feels someone else would be better suited.

I remember Michael Howard scoring againts Mangotsfield? He suddenly found himself running through their defence and was all alone bearing in on goal. He actually looked around for someone else to take the responsibility, found there was no-one, so wellied it past the keeper. :lol:
Martin

Postby apps16 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Martin wrote:
apps16 wrote:Only criticism towards him is that when he gets in a good forward possition he always looks to play the ball to someone else, even when he has created an opportunity for himself to have a go. Not sure if he lacks the confidence in the oppssitions box, can't shoot or is simply 100% non selfish?

He's a full-back and probably doesn't have the confidence if he feels one of the forwards would have a better chance of scoring. He's good at going forward but I wouldn't criticise him for not having a go if he feels someone else would be better suited.

I remember Michael Howard scoring againts Mangotsfield? He suddenly found himself running through their defence and was all alone bearing in on goal. He actually looked around for someone else to take the responsibility, found there was no-one, so wellied it past the keeper. :lol:

Fair point. Perhaps criticise was not a fair choice of words. I really rate Adam as a player and think he has improved so much this season. Just think that it would be interesting to see him have a non selfish attitude every now and then and have a go himself instead of playing in one of the forwards to fluff it instead.
apps16

Postby Abbo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:29 pm

There was a few times on tuesday night that Adam was given the ball out wide, especially in the second half, and he ran at the retreating left back and instead of knocking it past him and getting to the line for a cross or having a pop at goal, Adam decided to go inside all the time. i seem to recall that Adam used to have a decent shot on him.
Abbo

Postby james456 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:35 pm

I agree. Last season I thought he was decent but made mistakes a bit too often but now he has just about eradicated them from his game and is performing very well at the moment.

One of the better performers of the season if Im honest. Even at the Accrington game, he stood out compared to the rest of the squad I thought.
james456

Return to General Discussion