Boardroom Update | New club vision & strategy

Re: Boardroom Update | New club vision & strategy

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Such a pity that you appear to be unable to accept that I and possibly others have a different view on how to achieve what we ALL want.... :cry: without doing a Dagenham et al.....
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:11 pm

I think even if we offer Derek a new contract it doesn't mean he will sign it as he might be getting offers elsewhere, I think if a Scottish Premiership team made him an offer he wouldn't be able to turn it down.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:37 pm

redrobo wrote:Such a pity that you appear to be unable to accept that I and possibly others have a different view on how to achieve what we ALL want.... :cry: without doing a Dagenham et al.....

I couldn't muster the energy to respond to it, but glad that others did. Complete nonsense.

P/T Indie wrote:I think even if we offer Derek a new contract it doesn't mean he will sign it as he might be getting offers elsewhere, I think if a Scottish Premiership team made him an offer he wouldn't be able to turn it down.

Possibly - but he did turn Hearts down before the ink had dried on his deal here. That's the third or fourth biggest job in Scotland IMO. For me, if he believed in the project here (that he could take us into League One) and could be financially compensated for doing it, it would look better on his CV than anything he could realistically achieve in Scotland - unless he landed a job for Hearts (big job now - unsure what is happening with Scots Championship this season), Hibs (been there before briefly - bridges burnt?), or Aberdeen (long-term manager in situ) capable of qualifying for Europe or winning a cup by avoiding Rangers and or Celtic until the final and getting lucky.

It depends what his personal aspirations and situations are - he might be home sick for example(?), but if it is to progress professionally through the leagues in England (like he opted to do with Plymouth..... just about as far away from Scotland as you could get) then success at Morecambe would be really eye opening - even more so than it is already IMO.

I hope the club has at least started to talk to Derek his current deal and possibly extending it - it might not be for him, in which case whats the plan to get into league one without him, because the good players that he finds/develops seem to follow him into future employment (a bit like Sammy Mac)?
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:51 pm

How silly of me not to realise that your opinion is the only one that counts....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:43 pm

I've never stated that my opinion is superior to others nor do I think this, a suggestion that coming from you I find quite ironic! Apologies if I have given you this impression.

All for a good chat and discussion/debate about the team/club, and engaging with others where my viewpoint differs. When I do, I try to make a well reasoned argument in a light hearted manner - which people might disagree with, but if they do hopefully they can see how/why my opinion has been formulated. Something I've done in this and other threads.... apart from addressing your throwaway comment (in a lengthy reply covering numerous topics, this is the only think you are concerned about), which I think is a complete non-starter for any football club at any level. Don't get upset when your crackpot suggestions go down like a lead balloon :lol:

I personally don't know where to start with the opinion that, in a competitive sporting setting where the aim is beat your opponent and collect more points than your rivals over a one year cycle, somebody can conclude there is a decision to be made: when is a right and wrong time to be successful?!? You are either good enough, or you aren't. Football is really that simple - no need to cloud the issue with dithering concerns about being able to cope with a new challenge. Lets seize the opportunity, there's no guarantees that this opportunity will present itself again..... in my opinion that is equal to all others ;) .
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:53 pm

My concern was and remains so the affordability of promotion this season.

As i have already stated our club has (in my opinion) to get the foundations ie finance in place to be able to sustain life in EFL1. I can't think of anything worse than promotion and a swift relegation back to EFL2 and possibly even further as we know has happened elsewhere simply because the finances to support our club in EFL1 were not in place.

At the moment our club continues to be supported financially in the main by the current owners. A comment from then on the excellent road path stated by the BoD would be most welcome which would provide some assurance for the long term financial stability of our club under their ownership.

Nobody wants what has happened to other clubs who found the financial burden too much to sustain and the unfortunate consequencies that followed. Hence why for me getting the financial foundations in place to secure longevity in EFL1 are so critical.

Promotion at any cost could be a road to ultimate disaster....something that nobody wishes to see especially myself and RRW...... surely we can agree on that..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:18 pm

Can somebody give Derek a bell and tell him to stop winning games? Neil doesn't want us to go up so lets give somebody else a chance! It would have been nice to see us in the play offs as well.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:36 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Can somebody give Derek a bell and tell him to stop winning games? Neil doesn't want us to go up so lets give somebody else a chance! It would have been nice to see us in the play offs as well.

Of course I want us to get promoted but I don't want us to go up and then straight back down because the foundations of a secured life in EFL1 are not in place. Have we learned nothing from what has happened to other clubs who got promoted only for them to come straight back down again and then into the world of non league football.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 11, 2021 2:21 pm

So the new club vision was amnounced back in Feb and I can't help now wonder if this was off the back of Derek potentially talking to Bradford over Christmas.

P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue May 11, 2021 3:48 pm

P/T Indie wrote:So the new club vision was amnounced back in Feb and I can't help now wonder if this was off the back of Derek potentially talking to Bradford over Christmas.

No point in having a ferrari and just driving to the shops and back. I said when we appointed Derek that he will demand backing and he has played himself in to a great bargaining position. Back him and push the club on or lose him to one of his many suitors. He is in a very enviable position as a Manager.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Tue May 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Listening to the latest BLOG it sounds as though discussions have taken place to determine budgets for whatever league we are in next season.

The BoD and owners will i hope ensure that DA is given a budget fitting with our hope of promotion.

It's more than likely that Carlos will move on for a fee which I hope reflects his potential and that the money will give DA a good budget to recruit players who can hack it at EFL1.

From viewing EFL1 on Quest the football is certainly faster and looks technically better than EFL2.

Maybe DA will make use of the loan market which Accy do and are good at it. There are players in Scotland who would love a crack at EFL1 and DA's father is well up to speed of football in Scotland.

:?: :?: :?:
Last edited by redrobo on Tue May 11, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 11, 2021 3:59 pm

Yes Indeed Berlinwaller and IF he has spoken to Bradford again maybe he isn't happy with assurances he has received. He mentioned in his interview last week about the board getting nervous and needing to find some money although that could have been a joke.

We have spoken many times about how nobody else would have put up with crap that Jim had to, lack of training facilities, picking dog shit up etc and it's true no one would so whoever came in was always going to expect/demand more.

P/T Indie

Postby glagys » Sun May 23, 2021 7:59 am

Well the next ten days could shape our future,
If we don’t succeed today or Wembley, we will find out how ambitious our club is, will they back DA should other clubs come knocking,? will we try to hold on to our assets ? and mount another assault on the league or will they accept the monetary value and stay “ little old Morecambe “ ? Or will DA walk away as he said 3 years at a club is long enough,we haven’t had 3 years yet but who knows
glagys

Postby AppleShrimp » Sun May 23, 2021 9:25 am

Hi Glagys,

Are we going to take the choice of staying as “Little Old Morecambe”? No is the answer. The plan remains the same regardless of how we do today, if we get to play at Wembley or stay in League Two or League One.

Hopefully our recent track record speaks for itself and we are being trusted to ensure a sustainable, profitable and successful future on and off the pitch.

Let’s enjoy the journey together including the next 10 days and trust us to do an excellent job in delivering the three year plan.

The whole BoD is 100% committed to this.

Noone needs to doubt it.

Come on you Mighty Shrimps.

Regards
Charlie
AppleShrimp

Postby Keith » Sun May 23, 2021 9:38 am

AppleShrimp wrote:Hi Glagys,

Are we going to take the choice of staying as “Little Old Morecambe”? No is the answer. The plan remains the same regardless of how we do today, if we get to play at Wembley or stay in League Two or League One.

Hopefully our recent track record speaks for itself and we are being trusted to ensure a sustainable, profitable and successful future on and off the pitch.

Let’s enjoy the journey together including the next 10 days and trust us to do an excellent job in delivering the three year plan.

The whole BoD is 100% committed to this.

Noone needs to doubt it.

Come on you Mighty Shrimps.

Regards
Charlie

As it starts to rain, and nerves increase (or it might be hunger... come on Posh, I want my breakfast!) this post puts a smile on my face! :D

As I said in this thread in February...

Keith wrote:I'd prefer it through the Play-Offs because we might just be able to go to Wembley!

A massive ninety minutes today! COME ON MORECAMBE!!!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Sun May 23, 2021 9:52 am

Thanks Charlie
Music to my ears
COYS
glagys

Previous

Return to General Discussion