Game off today....On tomorrow

Game off today....On tomorrow

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm

Congrats to Lincoln for showing a bit of initiative by rearranging today's postponed game v Stanley to be played tomorrow afternoon following today's fixture being called off due to the weather.

Maybe other clubs should start thinking along these lines when the forecast suggests that the temperature will rise throughout today and tomorrow.
redrobo

Re: Game off today....On tomorrow

Postby Ego Tripping » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Not really practical for most teams as they have a game on Tuesday. Lincoln don’t play midweek and Accy play Weds
Ego Tripping

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:06 pm

The Doncaster game has been postponed until a later date. Know what you mean but if neither team had midweek games then surely a good idea. In this case the Doncaster game will have to be resheduled due to their pitch being unplayable.

it also allows for midweek games played on a Wednesday to go ahead allowing enough time for recovery after a Sunday game.
redrobo

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Shrewsbury had there game v Ipswich called off at around 2.00pm give or take, Ipswich had travelled up last night and arranged for a local hotel to open up especially for them bringing in furloughed staff, chefs etc (don't start, that's for a different topic) so imagine how they feel. Shrews management did offer to play the game tomorrow but Ipswich have a game on Tuesday plus trying to arrange for the hotel to open up again at such short notice was not ideal which leads on to the cost implications and effect it might have on Tuesdays game. Difficult decisions but very poor leaving the decision so late which was mainly because Shrewsbury were desperate to play because they're on a roll at the moment which leads me to their gaffer Cottrill. I'm not a great fan of his but I take my hat off to him. He has been in hospital over a month now with covid, had a short stay in ITU also, remains poorly and out of breath but is still managing the team from his bed, picks the playing squad and video calls at half time. 10/10 to the guy plus they've had a massive change in fortune during this time. A very difficult world we're living in at the moment so look after each other and don't think for one minute this bug won't hit you because that's when it usually does
nobbyshrimp

Postby RedRedWine » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Ego Tripping wrote:Not really practical for most teams as they have a game on Tuesday. Lincoln don’t play midweek and Accy play Weds

Mansfield moved their game to Sunday vs Colchester, and rearranged their Tuesday game to Wednesday. They've had their last 3 games postponed recently, so I'm not surprised they're being proactive.

It'll take agreement form both clubs, but teams need to be a bit more flexible IMO if they want to get the season finished on time. At our level I'm not sure how feasible it is to extend the season because of the expiration of playing contracts. So if you're fixed on the idea of Sat/Tues games, I can see a situation where 3 games a week is required before too long, as we are quickly running out of midweek dates.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Return to General Discussion