Bolton 1 Morecambe 1 [Lyons] LIVE THREAD

Re: Bolton 1 Morecambe 1 [Lyons] LIVE THREAD

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:57 pm

How many times did O'Sullivan hit the first man when trying to pass? Really struggled tonight. Hope he get's back on form soon. Wildig struggled too. Nice first touch from Lyons. Slew didn't much when he came on, even against ten men.

Tranmere & Newport losing. If we'd managed to get a winner, we'd have been in the automatic promotion spot.

The Bolton summariser is saying that it wasn't even a foul that led to the red card!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Screenster » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Keith wrote:How many times did O'Sullivan hit the first man when trying to pass? Really struggled tonight. Hope he get's back on form soon.

Not sure about that, he set up the goal and put in a another great ball for CMG but he headed over. The reason we didn't win was more to do with us only having one shot on target with 17 shots!

That said, we were better than on Saturday. If we start putting away our chances against our next 3 opponents (all bottom half teams) then this team gets its confidence back.
Screenster

Postby MfcChris » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Mendes was the stand out player for us I thought. Little bit disappointed we didn’t win in the end I really thought we were going to.

What gives them the right to think they are good when the are closer to relegation than playoffs.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:04 pm

Great point especially with Newport, Cambridge and also Tranmere losing tonight

11 points above Bolton mmm wonder if their commentators have looked at the league table recently
Redalert1970

Postby CityShrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Worst commentary I’ve ever listened to. Fair enough, they’ll be biased but that was ridiculous. Obsessed with slagging us off to the point where it got boring and totally detached from reality.

Glad we won’t have to listen to it next season, once we’ve got promoted and Bolton are in the conference - though I’m sure their guy will still think they’re a better team than us :lol:
CityShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:14 pm

"i havnt seen such acting since the Octagon closed" :lol:

They just never gave up, weird to be disappointed coming back from Bolton with only a draw.
We do need to get back to winning ways though if we want to make a challenge
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:15 pm

How can anyone call Freez and Glen Radio Bias after listening to that pair. We get commentary and entertainment. I am sending an email to EFL to complain.
dannymorc1

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Thought we were good in the first half and probably edged it. Bolton had the ball lots but did virtually nothing with it, and we did our usual trick of nicking it frequently in midfield and breaking. Unfortunately, our final third quality was very poor tonight. Then done on the break for their goal just before half time, which is somewhat ironic considering our style of play!

Felt that knocked the stuffing out of us a bit and Bolton had the better of the second half right up until the Maddison red. From there it was pretty much all us barring the last few minutes.

Wildig got involved well tonight and made good runs but was a bit off the pace with his passing. Stockton had an ok performance but spurned a couple of decent openings. Was pretty unimpressed with O'Sullivan who I thought had a poor one, but then took some brilliant corners towards the end and provided the assist. And on that, why the hell hasn't he been on corners all season!? Far better than Wildig's and Phillips's.

Denny had a bit of a disaster. Did not cope at all well with being the holding midfield player and was sniffed out by Bolton pretty quickly. Lost the ball several times but generally managed to get away with it by committing some handy fouls, which was pretty smart. In hindsight, perhaps Toums would have been a better option there with Wildig/Lyons flanking.

And on that, some positives! Really good finally seeing Lyons a bit more on the ball. Thought he got stuck in and showed for the ball well, and it was great timing from DA to throw the subs on for the corner to throw the Bolton markers. Thought McAlinden made an impact too in stretching the defence and making good runs. Would still like to see a bit more of him. CMG was positive but got targeted more in the second half which seemed to dim him slightly.

Overall though, should be beating teams like Bolton 8-)
Little Shrimp

Re: Bolton 1 Morecambe 0 LIVE THREAD

Postby MfcChris » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:19 pm

Keith wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Anything is better than this manc though.

But as we said, you still had the same options as you currently have.

If it was ahead of the images, I could understand it, but as it was, I would certainly choose it over this pair.

Cole should have buried that chance!!! COME ON MORECAMBE!!!

I will be sending an email for the lack of professionalism from Steve, especially when it is the only commentary available. But I would still rather listen to home commentary over no commentary and certainly can’t listen to it seconds behind. Personal preference I guess.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Feels like 2 points dropped following the strong finish to the game , who would have thought we would be dissapionted to have drawn with the mighty Bolton Wanderers ;)
Born again Bill

Previous

Return to General Discussion