Loan player

Loan player

Postby alicanteshrimp » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:46 pm

Why would salford loan a player to a club 2 points ahead of them, both going for promotion places, do they not rate him? I hope he does,nt score any own goals.
alicanteshrimp

Re: Loan player

Postby Vinny » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:18 pm

'Cause Soldford have too many players, loads of dosh to throw around willy-nilly and don't know what they're doing? :)
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:28 am

And they have a new manager who will be wanting to do things his way with his players. Let's just give the lad a chance.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:59 am

Very likely that Derek had Alex Denny on his radar just in case Burnley did what they did at such short notice. He is 6ft 1 and seems to be an "enforcer" who puts himself about. The fans who were calling this a panic loan are wide of the mark IMHO.

My opinion of Burnley as a club has dropped after this episode though.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby RapidShrimp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:38 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Very likely that Derek had Alex Denny on his radar just in case Burnley did what they did at such short notice. He is 6ft 1 and seems to be an "enforcer" who puts himself about. The fans who were calling this a panic loan are wide of the mark IMHO.

Sounds fair enough until you realise he’s a defensive midfielder/centre back. Clearly a Songo’o replacement. Maybe Lyons can help fill in Phillips’ void?
RapidShrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:54 am

RapidShrimp wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:Very likely that Derek had Alex Denny on his radar just in case Burnley did what they did at such short notice. He is 6ft 1 and seems to be an "enforcer" who puts himself about. The fans who were calling this a panic loan are wide of the mark IMHO.

Sounds fair enough until you realise he’s a defensive midfielder/centre back. Clearly a Songo’o replacement. Maybe Lyons can help fill in Phillips’ void?

Yes , maybe so. If Lyons was brought in to replace Phillips that would suggest Derek knew he was likely to be re-called.

I still have less respect for Burnley. He was doing really well and playing every game , scored 14 goals for us in about a year. Let's see if he starts every game at Accrington.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby RedRedWine » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:41 pm

Its frustrating from a Morecambe perspective because of the apparent timing, recalling Adam on the last day of the window - but ultimately Phillips is Burnley's player and they can do what they want with him. As others have said, there seems to be a suggestion that we were aware that this was a possibility entering the window, and that Accrington had been after Phillips for a while. Unsure why it took this long to resolve - but the other way to look at it is 'at least we got Adam for a bit longer' of he was always slated to join Stanley at some point...... just a shame he missed that Pen!

Time will tell if this was a good move for Adams career - he was playing week in week out for us, scoring goals and had become a focal part of the team. Its unclear if this will be the case at Accrington, but you can't blame Burnley for wanting to test Adam at a higher level when this opportunity became available; they are developing players for the benefit of themselves don't forget, not Morecambe FC - and they might need to make a decision over Adams ability as a potential Burnley prospect in the near future. From what he has shown here, he is good enough to play in league one IMO.

In terms of Denny - we've seemingly loaned this lad from the Salford City development squad. Although he featured against us earlier in the season, he doesn't feature regularly for their senior side. Looking at it, I think this is more as cover with the distinct possibility of being without Yann for a period - leaving Toums and Kenyon to play a defensive midfield role(s) in the system that Adams has generally deployed to date. Looks like Derek has made up with Richie "he knows nothing about football" Wellens anyway ;) .
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby paulshrimp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:04 pm

I’ve just listened to Derek on Radio Accy and it sounds like a lot of the impetus for the move came from Adam himself.
paulshrimp

Postby redrobo » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:31 am

paulshrimp wrote:I’ve just listened to Derek on Radio Accy and it sounds like a lot of the impetus for the move came from Adam himself.

.....with a bit of assistance from Accrington.... :evil:
redrobo

Return to General Discussion