Alex Denny

Alex Denny

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:06 pm

Signs for the Shrimps!!! About 10 minutes after I do a post saying “never say never” to us completing a late deal for someone! Coincidence? I think not :lol:

Anyway, some info about him, he’s a 20 y/o defensive midfielder, on loan from Salford for the rest of the season, and he played against us in our 2-1 in November. Made 12 appearances in all comps for Salford this season and has played in the Europa League for Everton.

The fact he’s a defensively-minded midfielder is significant (he can also play at centre half) - does this mean Songo’o is effectively gone?

Anyway... Welcome Alex!
RapidShrimp

Re: Alex Denny

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:10 pm

Still one more to come ???
Redalert1970

Postby Screenster » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:14 pm

I'd love to be wrong but I really think this could be the end for Songo'o which is a real shame as he's a quality player for this level, but that one moment of madness has potentially cost him his future with us.

Still, good to see we managed to get someone in who's got a bit of experience in League Two.
Screenster

Postby Angler1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 pm

I can't believe the club will right of songo because of this. A ban and a fine and a warning from the club should be sufficient. Everybody deserves a second chance...
Angler1

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:30 pm

I would surprised if Songo'o does leave the club. He seems very much to be DA's man, and if there's an opportunity to take a 'redemption' pathway on the situation (ban, educational course, donate funds to a LGBT+ charity etc) then I expect it would most likely be the option taken.

Going cap in hand to the FA over it will probably mean a less lengthy ban, but it's still going to be at least 6/7 games which is a decent chunk of the season remaining. So it does make sense to bring in some sort of replacement, particularly with Kenyon having struggled a bit with injury recently. Toums has obviously played a deeper midfield role before, but has been more box-to-box recently so it's likely him, Pringle and Lyons will be taking up the more creative responsibilities left by Phillips. Will be interesting to see how we set up Saturday - if there's possibly a change in approach to accommodate for the loss of Phillips.
Little Shrimp

Postby Castaway » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:52 am

As always, Little Shrimp - a voice of reason.
Castaway

Postby black morse » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:13 am

What we should be saying on this thread is welcome to The Shrimps Alex. :D
black morse

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:51 am

Little Shrimp wrote:I would surprised if Songo'o does leave the club. He seems very much to be DA's man, and if there's an opportunity to take a 'redemption' pathway on the situation (ban, educational course, donate funds to a LGBT+ charity etc) then I expect it would most likely be the option taken.

Going cap in hand to the FA over it will probably mean a less lengthy ban, but it's still going to be at least 6/7 games which is a decent chunk of the season remaining. So it does make sense to bring in some sort of replacement, particularly with Kenyon having struggled a bit with injury recently. Toums has obviously played a deeper midfield role before, but has been more box-to-box recently so it's likely him, Pringle and Lyons will be taking up the more creative responsibilities left by Phillips. Will be interesting to see how we set up Saturday - if there's possibly a change in approach to accommodate for the loss of Phillips.

I would expect a ban to be longer than that, probably closer to ten games, perhaps even twelve.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if he was released, as you say, there are far better routes to redemption.

In the mean time, welcome to Alex. Does sound a bit like our other Alex though?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion