Accy sign Phillips

Accy sign Phillips

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:50 pm

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/

Good luck to him....but can't help but feel pissed with Burnley for such a last minute deal.
redrobo

Re: Accy sign Phillips

Postby al1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:32 pm

Its a shame that Burnley have recalled Adam,he has been very influential,but I am sure Derek will be working hard to replace him either from within the squad or elsewhere.Obviously Accy are pushing for promotion to the Championship,which would be amazing for them.So good luck to Adam and Accy.
al1

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:49 pm

redrobo wrote:https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/

Good luck to him....but can't help but feel pissed with Burnley for such a last minute deal.

+1

Very very pissed. And sadly its not the alcoholic meaning! I’d deal with it better that way.
RapidShrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:03 pm

I expected better from Burnley. In the end they have behaved just like Man United did with Tanner this time last season and that didn't help his development.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Born again Bill » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:28 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:I expected better from Burnley. In the end they have behaved just like Man United did with Tanner this time last season and that didn't help his development.

Just thinking the same about Tanner “recalled” by scumchester Utd , went straight to moneybags Salford where he never saw 1st team football . Ended up with the Dumbrians and now where is he ??. ( hope I don’t sound too bitter !)

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side !
Born again Bill

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Born again Bill wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:I expected better from Burnley. In the end they have behaved just like Man United did with Tanner this time last season and that didn't help his development.

Just thinking the same about Tanner “recalled” by scumchester Utd , went straight to moneybags Salford where he never saw 1st team football . Ended up with the Dumbrians and now where is he ??. ( hope I don’t sound too bitter !)

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side !

Not wanting to dish out more heartbreak, but I'm afraid he's done excellently with Carlisle! Had made 17 league appearances until mid-December, and has since only been kept out by injury. Currently the highest rated L2 right back on Whoscored:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/T ... League-Two

Absolutely gutted to lose Phillips. Can't help but have a sour taste in my mouth as it feels like we've been seriously shafted by Burnley here. They've pulled one of our best players on deadline day with literally no time to replace him.

Loan recalls happen, such as with Scott Twine at Newport, but at least Swindon did it at the start of January.
Little Shrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 pm

If he was contracted to Burnley until season end, I wonder if this was done behind his back as he seemed to be enjoying his time with us. Or there was decent cash involved.
jbc.shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:34 pm

One in one out......I suspect we knew before today that this was on the cards.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion