Adam Phillips

Re: Adam Phillips

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:12 am

black morse wrote:
redrobo wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:Given that it was totally Adam's decision , eat your words Neil.

Looks to me that Accrington made contact with Adam following their assistant managers appearance alongside Quinny on a Radio Lancashire broadcast and 'suggested' that he (and they) would benefit for a move to the Crown Ground in EFL1 rather than stay and complete his season long loan with us. For any move to happen it would I assume be for the parent club agree to the move if only to discuss any fee or agreement about wages.

In an interview on the Accy Forum Adam said that the move had been on the cards for some time and that he was glad that it had finally be sorted.

For me questions need to be asked of Accy's initial approach which left us with little time to seek an alternate loan signing of similar stature other than the development player from Salford.

The entire move and how it came about stinks.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Perhaps this is what all the off 'pitch trouble' was about a couple of weeks ago?

Off pitch trouble? Have I missed something?
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby black morse » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:33 am

I should have said 'off field issues' referred to by Derek in his post match comments on the Orient game. Just thinking that Adams move away might have been raised at that stage.
black morse

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:15 pm

If you believe in conspiracy theories you could think one or both clubs (Accrington and Burnley)don't want the Shrimps to have a chance of promotion to League 1 and so cancelling the loan will in their eyes weaken our chances. For the life of me I can't see why this could be but leaving it late on the final day of the transfer window seems odd!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:16 pm

Ah, OK thanks. I haven’t seen the interview, I’ll have a look.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:41 pm

It sounds as though Accrington have approached Phillips to ask him if he fancies cutting short his loan and signing for them.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby al1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Adam asked to be recalled from his loan according to radio lancs,he starts for accy today
al1

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Listening to the latest Coleman interview he says that they had been monitoring Phillips all season and finally got the deal done.....

Still stinks to me the way that it was done...

:evil:
redrobo

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:14 pm

Nonsense Neil
Adam has a short career ahead of him, of maybe 10 years or so, he is talented and is ambitious, he has done nothing wrong , we owe him thanks, not this tripe!!!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:08 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Nonsense Neil
Adam has a short career ahead of him, of maybe 10 years or so, he is talented and is ambitious, he has done nothing wrong , we owe him thanks, not this tripe!!!

You make it sound as though I'm against Adam trying to progress his career which I am most certainly not.

What I am miffed about is the way that the deal MAY have been orchestrated by Accrington Stanley after the visit of their assistant manager to comment on a game alongside Quinny.

Accy have said that they have been following his development with us this season and as a result made an approach either through Burnley or direct resulting in Adam becomng unsettled with us.

I'm delighted that he's been given an opportunity to progress in EFL1 but how it came about is for me highly suspicious and the lateness of the deal is far from satisfactory.
redrobo

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:50 am

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:We are utterly ruthless under DA. Miss one pen and get binned off 8-) .

Seriously though, thankyou Adam. Will be interesting to see how far your career can go!

Your first line reminds me of Man.U. in the 70s. I believe it was against West Brom, Tommy Docherty was manager. Gerry Daly missed a penalty, Brom went into win the game. Daly never played another game for Man.U. Was sold to Derby County.
jbc.shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion